BOSS LEVEL CUSTOM SPOT WELDER

I'm having trouble viewing pictures/video that is linked.

What are the thickness and materials that can be welded? How does this perform with copper spot weld?
Is the solder function thermal or resistance soldering?

Does this kit require me to assemble the circuit ( smd or through hole components?) or is it plug and play? Are

Could someone please post links to videos again?

Thanks.

If you have trouble to watch the videos you should try another browser or watch them at youtube. I will give you non embedded links.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCa2QP1jjBE&t=21s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73xb6SiqcRs&t=42s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75XBlGjcBVQ&t=30s
This device is intended for cell phone repair and spot weld battery packs. It has a solder and a welder port. Works with lipo, is small light and portable.
Welds by short time pulses and works with the common metal strips used on that field. Brass, nickel plated steel and pure nickel.
I have tested 0.1-0.2 thickness with pure nickel and works flawlessly. I think it can do even thicker.
It comes fully assembled the only thing you gotta do is solder a xt90 connector to your lipo brick and you are ready to go.
I personally didn't test copper. I don't know if the creator did. I know it's very difficult to weld. The machines for copper are usually big, heavy and definitely expensive.
If it is copper what you are after prepare to spend many hundreds or thousands. People is talking about it here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=88965&hilit=resistance+soldering

I have done a few testing today. Cutter blades are perfect for the task. Similar thickness and metal to 18650 cells.
testin10.jpg

I'll post results and a video soon. The multi-stage feature of this welder is amazing. I did some serious burns today :mrgreen:

The boss spot welder is amazing. The multi-stage feature is really something. It melts the nickel beyond 2x and is 6x capable.
01fino11.jpg

01max11.jpg

01plax11.jpg

015max11.jpg

015xc11.jpg

0211.jpg

02xc11.jpg

The welds are very strong. I couldn't remove the nickel without destroying the blades. :mrgreen:
rot10.jpg

I didn't use it at its fullest so i'm sure it is 0.3 capable or even suitable for other metals.
On my next test i will try to weld pure copper.

I am testing with pure copper today. The welder is definitely COPPER WELDING CAPABLE.
I will post pics and results later.

0.05 welds very easily. 0.1 welds but i'm not satisfied. Needs more testing. I have flux and 0.2 coming on its way. I will need a few days to post decent data.

I did some tests today. 0.05 sux. Too thin, breaks easily. Totally not worth it. 0.1 is much better but requires 4s lipo. 12v make no effect on it and increasing pulses makes damage so 4s seems to be a must on copper. The magic number on 0.1 seems to be 5-6ms X2 but I don't like the result. It is difficult to work with, needs quite some pressure or it makes holes due to short on thin air. 0.15- 0.2 could be perfect. They equal 0.7-0.9 nickel. Really great conductivity.

Nice testing!

Do you charge the Lipo while you are welding? With my Riba welder, I found I had to keep the battery on charge or the voltage would drop while welding and affect results.

No i never do. You can make a lot of welds with one charge.
I did a small video
[youtube]sCg4xSKPXoE[/youtube]
this needs more testing, The copper takes a slight damage on the surface because is too thin to work with. The contact must be perfect or the short makes holes. I will test thicker copper next week. Let's see....

fechter said:
Nice testing!

Do you charge the Lipo while you are welding? With my Riba welder, I found I had to keep the battery on charge or the voltage would drop while welding and affect results.

Hi what are your battery specs? A curiosity nothing more.

I succeeded making a battery with pure copper. I'm preparing a video showing the proccess. works like a charm.
final_11.jpg

tomjasz said:
fechter said:
Nice testing!

Hi what are your battery specs? A curiosity nothing more.

I was using a 24Ahr 12v lead-acid battery with my Riba welder. The battery was barely big enough, which was part of the problem.

I finished my video. I tryed to make it educational while showing the performance of the boss welder with copper.
Enjoy :mrgreen:
[youtube]iYOh_15mri8[/youtube]

Great Video!

Have you experimented with any 0.2 copper or possibly 0.1/0.2 aluminum?

Thank you. I didn't test those yet. My 0.2 copper arrived today.
n1xdw1.jpg

I will give it a try in the next days.

I tested it today and failed. In case the machine is 0.2 capable it needs to rise the voltage too much and becomes dangerous.
I will stick to 0.1 copper. It's already a great accomplishment.
2yuiv6v.jpg

AS seen on the pic low times got no effect and high is dangerous.
Going above 4s is totally not recommendable.

Try with and without flux, aluminumoxide can be a problem with brazing, welding etc... Looking forward to the test!

Did you have a chance to test the aluminum?

where did you buy the 0.1mm thickness copper?

Thanks!

Back