Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
marty said:
Glad you feeling better. Get some medical help. Good place to start is a primary doctor.
x
Seems like you ignore my advise. You don't answer my questions. Do you have my posts blocked so you can't see them? If you don't want me to write in your topic? Just tell me and I will stop.

Suspect you have a Mental disorder Do you have health insurance? Get some medical help. Good place to start is a primary doctor.

Whats with the late night backyard electrical work?

Guns and mental illness can sometimes cause Unintended consequences

If you enjoy panicking about every medal problem in the book? Cary on.

I'm with Marty on this one.
As someone who has battled mental illness my whole life, especially the last ten years.
I'd suggest talking to a GP to find you some appropriate help.
But if you just write this off as "crazy" at the very least consider investigating Mindfulness based CBT meditation.
Of all the programs I've taken, all the shrinks I've seen, all the meds taken, nothing has been more effective at returning my troubled mind, body, spirit than mindful CBT meditation.
All the best to you.

Ps

It's hard to follow your process when you go back to edit posts. Ppl miss a lot of info. Trying starting a new post with each block of thoughts or ideas.
Sorry just a pet peeve I thought my be driving others to confusion.

Well, as much fun as you have had saying that, my own experience as a volunteer with the mental health field leaves me recognizing how over the top that all was. Usually the use of the term 'Mental Illness' itself makes a statement suspect. Then there's the issue of the mentally ill vs. the mentally WELL, who might be having more problems at the moment than the mentally ill. . . .

But one interesting subject is bushed on. Probably more for the mentally well, but the mix of the Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and the mediation is an interesting subject. Not really for the mentally ill but probably good for them, too.

http://www.paniccure.com/approaches/meditation/meditation_and_cbt.htm

http://mbct.com/

[youtube]64ZU2UCQdmQ[/youtube]

[youtube]9SZ1kdBwNXo[/youtube]

Eh, yes, I'm just depressed/anxious about all these unusual nerve-based/anxiety-based events that seem easily mistakable for something far more serious that I'm terribly afraid of. What triggered it originally was a mistaken ECG trace that led down a rabbit hole that I haven't quite climbed out of yet, lol.

Interestingly, it seemed like reprieve came as soon as the 'deal' was called off. But, now the deal is back on, it's all persisting like a mother, lol.

That's why I think I could use some anti-anxiety medication. I got Kava because it's the strongest OTC medicine available. But, yeah, CBT therapy could work.

A nurse in the hospital, whom was a former classmate, told me that most people can only take so much, and when they get past that point, they break. I think he was right. I was barely sufficing with how busy business was, and then the deal was going on, and then suddenly... a mistaken ECG trace lead to me thinking I was having a heart attack as a punishment for my sinful habit of staying upto 6 a.m. (Or, rather, I suspected I was inexplicably staying upto 6 a.m., or simply skipping sleep, in recent weeks because I was going to die. Which seemed irrational considering how many insomniacs are still alive.) I think I snapped, lol.

Coincidentally, I've lost my ECG device so I've long thought it's a sign from god/the-universe that it wasn't benefiting me at all. And, all objective evidence so far seems to suggest it. Pretty much all the more-minor 'heart attack' signs I've seen, seem to be readily explained by anxiety and/or panic attacks. The more major ones seem to be increasingly explained by irritated cervical/spinal nerve roots, and some of those episodes seem PRETTY DARN SERIOUS at the time, lol.

And, wow, just getting that out made my chest tightness go away. CBT therapy might just work, lol.

Too bad anxiety isn't something like anger, where you can just start beating something up, and the anger goes away, lol. If only it was that simple. But, maybe it is kind of simple? Granted, maybe the requirements are a little more than some beanbag in the corner, but having someone you can tell your worries to is all that's really needed? Like a reassuring therapist or friend? If that's all that's really needed, I can tell none of my family members are sufficing, lol. All I seem to get is their condescension, which might only be fueling the depression/anxiety complex. It might explain why a few panic attacks were quickly resolved by running as fast as possible away from the house.

Now, let's dream of a future. Oh god, so hard. It looks so horrible right now, lol.

Okay, okay, I'm trying. My left index and thumb is definitely buzzing, so I should try better.

I get out there and I see the trees. They look absolutely beautiful, just as I imagined them. I could take it slowly, getting little done at a time while I work from a rental location some distance away, or I could more quickly just get the entire thing bulldozed by the local tree removal service. Perhaps I could work a compromise with the tree removal service to create a more desireable layout? (Forested front, at a minimum.)

It is surprisingly rather warm and humid for a late fall day, at least compared to the 'Frost Belt' I came from, just as I prefer. The wildlife is abundant, birds are everywhere, and squirrels are doing there thing and many other creatures I yet don't know about which live in Texas forests. (Though, if it's anything like South Carolina, there's going to be deer, lol. And possibly some geckos and lizards. If there's a pond in the area, there's probably going to be an alligator or two.)

----------------------------

Okay, now the more uncertain part is the rental location. Where will I rent? Ideally within 100 miles. Ideally, a 2 bedroom apartment in a single floor complex would work. Or a small house in a small town. Or, a trailer I own in a small RV park that's not too close to the major highways. I'll have to look to see what's available. It's rather essential to keep the equipment separated from the working/sleeping/dining quarters, and ideally there'd be a window.

Will I have any companions accompany me? Perhaps I'll pick up a puppy, lol.

How will I get there? I could just drive my car, but I have concerns about transporting everything there and hauling equipment in and various debris out, so I'm tempted to trade it for someone else's van. A van would also be more useful for hauling around a trailer.

Wow, it's so easy to imagine just simply doing it, but actually typing it out as if I'm going to actually do it leaves me stricken with apprehensiveness.

And, oh yeah, Marty. Lol, good one about the mental illness and guns. Ok, I'm not an idiot, I've long learned you never show a weapon until you actually intend on seriously using it. Revealing a weapon is itself threatening, which will usually only escalate a situation that could otherwise be peacefully resolved (There's still hope for a peaceful resolution). However, keeping one nearby isn't a bad idea JUST IN CASE.

The thought I would actually take a gun and start aiming it at someone. Dude, I would make a terrible soldier. Maybe that's why the armed forces ask if you've ever been diagnosed with anxiety and/or panic disorder, or if you ever had depression or panic attacks, when signing up at MEPs. Because panicking in the heat of battle, I wouldn't necessarily say is /always/ unwise (Especially if running away let's you live to fight another day. But, lol, I don't think that's normally condoned, lol.), but it could definitely lead to death if you're too panic-stricken to do the best thing in the moment and running away isn't a realistic option because of the 'desertion article' of the UCMJ. (Not merely an article 15, though that seems to be every commander's favorite.)

However, in my defense, I only tend to panic at night sometime within the first two hours of sleep if something 'threatening' suddenly reveals itself (I'm now starting to suspect my 'neck' is the active threat). These electricians were no exception. I could join the front-lines of any marine corp division and perform just as well as any of them, as long as I would fully awake at the time of invasion, lol. If someone invaded our position in the middle of our sleep, I could say I there's a good likelihood I wouldn't be very helpful for first 30 minutes, lol. Now, I'll just have you know, I never had nocturnal panic attacks until 8 months after I joined the navy, when my roommate came into the bathroom from the bar and screamed to the top of his lungs because he just got badly beaten in the bar, and this happened within the first few hours of me falling asleep. Yep, that was the first nocturnal panic attack I've ever experienced. I can easily say I've never experienced someone else's blood-curling cry interrupting my sleep until that particular night, and I suspect most people could say the same. Now, I didn't have another nocturnal panic attack for at least another 14 months, when it appears possibly triggered by excess chocolate consumption one Christmas morning (Though I'm not really sure, I'd suspect my neck at this point. Though I believe I was sleeping on my back at the time, so most likely my back. It appears that when one of my vertebra gets 'pushed in' in just the right way, ever since I injured my mid-back trying to stretch it out once, it triggers some kind of escalating response whose nature I don't fully understand; when it happened once while I was 'semi-aware'/'semi-asleep', my heart rate noticeably increased for a few seconds, suggesting it's pumping adrenaline. If it happens within the first two hours of sleep, it seems to trigger a panic attack. It appears my neck can also trigger this response, though it's very possible the situation itself triggered it, despite the obvious sensations from my neck. I suspect I injured my neck in much the same way with the cervical decompression device in the past few days, as I did my back in late December. It appears that my neck is more quickly healing in the kyphotic posture, though I'm not really sure.)

Okay, I think I'm starting to develop a viable gameplan. Trade my car for someone's truck and/or van (preferably a van, though I don't want to limit the acceptable tow vehicles just in case the 'offer pool' is small.), and then go buy a trailer. Load everything up in the van, and then deploy when I get there. Use the van for transporting all of my crap, use the RV primarily for sleeping (Though, I could use either one for sleeping/work depending on which seems best depending on the situation at hand.). The van would be useful for transporting equipment in, while transporting debris and other cleanup out. While I would absolutely love my car for traveling the great distances in the area to go visit places like New Orleans, since it gets great gas mileage (55mph average), I don't think it's wise to drive the car with the way my back is. Plus, if I could convert the van into a temporary camper, it'd make a great way to campout somewhere in the nearby national forests while avoiding the camping inconveniences of the car. (Tents don't really feel safe, and they're kind of inconvenient, and it seems like you really need to find an open campsite for tents (They usually close by 6 p.m.), whereas, a van seems to have more options. If push comes to shove, like in the case a campsite is flooded like that one time in Denver, you have other alternatives that doesn't /necessarily/ involve trying to find another campsite which may or may not be within 100 miles, and may or may not be open by the time you get there. And finding an affordable hotel in Denver, are you joshing? lol. Granted, this is what I eventually did at the time. It's what I ended up doing for half the camping spots I planned. Camping on the beach in California was nice. Cows waking me up by sniffing the tent was a nice touch, lol.

And this is the part where I recognize what /could/ be done, and what I'd personally be willing to do, lol. Just camping out on the street or some equivalent is not something I would be comfortable with. "Some random distant road in the national forest", if it was late enough, I'd probably be OK with.

Let's do some cost calcs.

2000 miles / 10mpg = 200gal * $2.50/gal = $500 in gasoline. Seems deplorable compared to the car's $100, but that's small potatoes compared to the additional logistics and cost of shipping my stuff down there by UPS/Fedex and the costs involved with paying someone else to transport my RV into place whenever it needs to be moved, and a lot of other not-so-minor costs I haven't thought of yet. I highly speculate all of that is greater than the $400 I would've initially saved in gas with the car. If I really want to have better gas mileage on longer distance trips, renting a car is always an option. Or buying another one, if it's frequent enough to justify. With New Orleans being 700 miles away and houston 50, austin 130 and dallas 230, I suspect I won't be going on many 'longer distance' trips; if I were to get a bug to go visit the east coast, I would more than likely do an extended trip, visiting multiple locales. Same with the west coast, though San francisco, Los Angeles, Los vegas and Phoenix are so close to each other, and they would be so far from me, I might as well fly and rent a car. And, if I want to travel to a particular location that's really far away, flights from Houston are pretty darn cheap.

And, feeling chest heaviness, but I can tell that's anxiety related because the chest muscles and ribs are sore. I wish the Kava was just a bit more effective. It seemed to relieve half the anxiety tension I could feel in my back, but not completely. Maybe I need to up the dose? ;-? Maybe this is why I've read the average amount consumed in a 'session' is 8 TBSP, compared to my puny 2 TBSP. I'm sure somewhere between 4-8 TBSP would be equivalent to Ativan, though Ativan seemed to last a lot longer. I just wasn't sold at all on 'anti-anxiety' medication until they gave me a teeny tiny pill of Ativan. Now I can see why those things are so popular! lol Granted, I'd much rather find dietary equivalents to the anti-anxiety medication as a longer term solution(As hippocrates once said, "Let food be thy medicine and let medicine be thy food."), but that was some surprisingly powerful stuff in such a small package.

Only $2 a pill, https://usadrugsonline365.org/ativan/ , lol.

(And, I'd like to state for the record, that this was the second day where I woke up looking particularly 'lifeless', lol, but I did feel a lot less 'out of it' this time. The first time, yesterday, I felt like I was completely exhausted, and it was that particular night I woke up with a burning sensation in my chest that I was initially concerned to be an MI. It seemed like I was really thirsty and lacking water (Probably because of all the sweating), as drinking a ton of it brought my blood pressure back up to 116 from 108. It might be my emotional state, and that might be changing.)

https://kava.com/how-to-grow-and-propagate-kava/ - Oh yeah, I'm growing my own kava, lol.

I figure in this particular climate, I'll grow the following:

-Some kind of pest-resistant white grapes
-Figs
-Of course, an herb garden with the staples
-Fuji or Pink Lady apple trees
-Olive tree
-Key lime tree
-Ruby red grapefruit
-Blueberries, Blackberries (I'll be growing tons of these two), strawberries

If I can get a greenhouse that's at least 15 feet tall and appropriate rainwater collection systems(Not sure the practicality), it appears I could grow bing cherries, grand naine banana trees, a trimmed avocado tree (reaches 20 feet tall). I don't know if that's worth it, lol. Organic bananas are cheap enough. I'm thinking I could grow a coconut tree with supplemental watering, as long as I insulated the trunk during the winter and put a clear plastic bubble with 'warm enough air intake' around the fronds, lol. I think I might just create an appropriately sized wire mesh of some sort for the fronds, and wrap it in saran wrap, lol. However, they would take /such a long time/ to grow before becoming productive.

how over the top that all was. Usually the use of the term 'Mental Illness' itself makes a statement suspect. Then there's the issue of the mentally ill vs. the mentally WELL, who might be having more problems at the moment than the mentally ill. . . .

Well said dauntless, I was thinking similarly.
Remember how I bitch about labels? The 'mentally ill' one is too blunt to use for other people you don't know imo. If you wanna accept it for yourself that's one thing, (or from doctor), but to be more precise in disagreement with someone always helps more than blanket terms like that.
And after all, it is extremely subjective because by the logic that no one is perfect and everyone is different- we could all be 'ill' in various ways from various perspectives.

But yeah, hypochondria is a diagnosable thing, that I would try to learn about so as not to 'fall victim' to it. So many things come from within, and can be solved from within.

Hey swbluto- ever heard this tale? You bang your head or arm or finger, or have a stomach ache etc, and it's all you can think about. . . . . till you stub your toe, etc, then you 'forget' about the original pain.

For actual things that take a while to catch up with you physicially, that can then be exasterbated by physiological stuff, the same principle can be useful, but have two fold results.

First, don't be a sissy about pain = fear. Pain really is weakness leaving the body, if you can look at it that way. It can and will make you stronger, with the right attitude and willingness to learn from it, while not fearing it. And there's no reason to fear death, because it's the final step of an inevitable process evident in all of nature . . . transformation of energy. No reason to be negative about that either imo.

Anyway, decide for yourself things in current everyday life you might not really 'need', BUT will be 'painful' to go without for a while. For some people it's nicotine, caffeine, thc, alcohol, extra food, variety of diet, excercise, work, sex- basically all pleasure related actions the body can become dependant on when they become basic habit.

You might gain some strength over your body, while giving it a chance @ healing, by simply finding ways to practice some abstinence! Your body won't like it, but your mind will. . .

When 'life' is increasingly easy and less challenging, I think we all start to see symptoms of a disconnection between body mind and spirit. First world countries do tend to 'have it' easier and easier. Just my 2c.

Dauntless said:
Well, as much fun as you have had saying that, my own experience as a volunteer with the mental health field leaves me recognizing how over the top that all was. Usually the use of the term 'Mental Illness' itself makes a statement suspect. Then there's the issue of the mentally ill vs. the mentally WELL, who might be having more problems at the moment than the mentally ill. . . .

But one interesting subject is bushed on. Probably more for the mentally well, but the mix of the Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and the mediation is an interesting subject. Not really for the mentally ill but probably good for them, too.

http://www.paniccure.com/approaches/meditation/meditation_and_cbt.htm

http://mbct.com/

[youtube]64ZU2UCQdmQ[/youtube]

[youtube]9SZ1kdBwNXo[/youtube]

Ya, great fun saying all that.
Over the top? The use of the term"mental illness" makes a statement suspect?
Mentally ill may have it better than mentally well at any moment?
Is that your volunteers opinion. Guess you're correct then dr.
Do you consider what you're saying before you type?

I didn't brush on mindfulness based CBT meditation. That was my main point.
It saved my life when all traditional treatments failed.
You agreed with me yet you still start arguementitive.
Why? What happened to you?

It's not really a big deal.

I think the point is, even if people here ARE doctors, swbluto isn't their 'subject' to be using terms in that way, in leu of (or in addition to) good advice. The term is vaque and not personally helpful anyway imo, especially when
no one is 100% "mentally healthy"
because no one is perfect, or the same.

Helpful advice only, on the otherhand may be more welcome and even useful - that's my opinion on what was meant anyway.

Went to bed with periodic chin pain and my left ring/fourth finger tingling. Random sharp shooting pains in the corner left shoulder as well, but it was fleeting, so I assumed it was purely of nerve origin. The nerve to T1 felt irritated, and probing it stimulated sensation in the left fourth/ring finger so I didn't think much of it. Made sure I had plenty of water and took some spinach for acid reflux control, and went to bed. Nothing really notable happened through the night, other than my mid-back hurting when laying on it (It often hurts when pressed on). Woke up, felt a bit stiff and famished, ate a banana which perked me up and then continued onto a second banana and then half way through, this terrible deep ache seemed to be quickly developing in the center of my chest and felt like it was becoming powerful enough to literally take me down. This wasn't just some garden variety 'costocondritis', oh no. Took some excedrin, which seemed to keep the monster at bay though it appears fitful. The rib attached to T1 appears pretty sore when touching it, but almost seems hard to believe it alone would produce that 'halting' sensation so deep. (Though, it is known to produce a 'heavy' sensation on the front of the rib cage. Pressing on the rib relieves the 'heavy' sensation.)

On probing, it appears the left side of the nerve roots of T1, T2, and T3 and associated ribs are sore. I suppose these nerve roots /might/ collectively give rise to that 'deep ache' sensation. This is the second time a 'great episode' has happened within 5 minutes of awaking from 2+ hours of sleep of laying on my back. I might speculate that somehow laying in bed tends to ennerve those roots, which become further agitated with movement, or perhaps the heightened cortisol levels upon awaking could explain possible cardiovascular phenomena, and the irritated nerve roots are really symptomatic of the heart sending pain signals along the nerves to the vertebra.

I'm personally erring on the side of 'nerve root'/'rib'/'back' explanations, simply because it seems far more probable at my age, and the neck region has been implicated on more than one occasion during intense pain episodes. And, the pain radiation pattern from the C5/C6 root during that one episode was distinct, covering the upper rib, down the entire left side below it, and extending to the thumb and index in the left hand going through the bicep. It also radiated upwards from the neck, covering the entire left half of my face.

I was just hoping that the neck was 'healing up' and it was going to stop acting up, soon enough. Seems like resuming the upper kyphotic posture was beneficial to it (The vertebra no longer clicks out of place and produces all sorts of sensorial distortions.), but it still seems sensitive to the 'looking down' phenomena at times. It appears the morning time, after sleeping on my back, seems to be a rather sensitive time assuming it, and possibly nearby vertebra, are involved.

It's just that, eh, it feels like it's a lot more serious than what I personally imagine 'back pain' would traditionally feel like. The back pain I seem to have at times appears really minor.

EDIT: I think I've found the culprit. Even though I thought I had solved this issue through resumption of the upper body kyphotic posture, it seems that laying on my back to avoid the nocturnal panic attacks that accompany laying on my right side is thwarting my efforts. Laying on my back seems to straighten out my lower and mid back which appears to effectively increase the curvature in the upperbody. When this curvature is increased too much (My head is "thrown too far forward" in effect), it appears to increase some kind of pinching/irritation at one of the neck's vertebra, my guess is C6. It appears when this happens, something along the lines of cardiac failure is induced. I can tell because I get far more easily winded looking down, while the breathing itself appears fine, suggesting reduced circulation than looking up. I was blowing my nose and I noticed I felt like i was going to literally pass out. Surprised (That's /never/ happened before and I've blown my nose many times.), I looked straight ahead, closed my mouth and blew as hard as I could. No problem. So then I just blew in and out really fast. No problem. Then I applied resistance (blowing my nose into a tissue paper), no problem. I then tested my overall exercise tolerance, I ran up and down the stairs 10 times with no problems. Weird, so then I started blowing my nose while looking down, and sure enough, the fatigue was imminent. I looked straight ahead, no fatigue. Looked down, sure enough, fatigue. It seems that it was a temporary reduction depending on the angle of my neck. My breathing seemed fine in all cases, suggesting cardiac causes. It appears that bending my head down seems to reduce blood flow output from the heart, and I'm not exactly sure how it's doing that precisely. Whether it changes the ejection fraction, increases vasoconstriction or some other phenomena, all I can reasonably infer is that blood flow output rates decrease, causing easily induced fatigue and exercise intolerance.

This could also explain why bending my neck certain ways in my sleep could cause nocturnal panic attacks, if blood flow output rates and oxygen delivery rates decrease. Let's see who doesn't wake up in a panic attack when I start starving the brain of oxygen? Would explain the 'shortness of breath' episodes that have happened twice, so far. Seems like this was precipitated by having recently ridden my mountain bike at high speeds 3 weeks ago (With its harsh ride and 'thrown forward' riding geometry), and possibly being perpetuated by sleeping on my back.

The reason why I would seem so vulnerable in the morning time is because, laying on my back, since my lower and midback is as straight as it can be, the neck is at its greatest curvature making it the most vulnerable. This would explain why laying on my back in my brother's rockhard flat bed would so quickly induce pain. Since cortisol is at its highest in the morning time, the effects of whatever's happening would likely be at its greatest. As my lower-back and middle-back curvature is restored throughout the day via walking and sitting, and my cortisol levels decrease, it appears the relative curvature of the neck likely decreases, limiting the affects throughout the day. And, now my neck hurts.

This is merely a theory. Periodically my stress level peaks and soon after, I feel a quickly passing feeling of numbness in my left pinky and fourth finger, so it's possible there exists significant relevant localized CAD involved. But my neck appears bent down, as throwing it back led to that familiar click. It seems like when my neck is not 'clicking', especially when looking down, all around and back up, I'm doing fine. It seems like when it's in "click mode", like now, it seems to have these affects.

How do I get this guy out of "click mode"? lol. I thought resuming the upper body kyphotic posture would solve everything and it'd get permanently better over time. But, it seems like it's relapsed by this morning, and possibly some time before then.

nutspecial said:
Remember how I bitch about labels? The 'mentally ill' one is too blunt to use for other people you don't know imo.

Labels have their places, but often there's a tunnelvision over saying something like 'Mentally Ill.' It's supposed to refer to out and out dysfunction, the presuppositions people refuse to let go of make it a near useless expression, which I'm sure is the point being made there. Way too many people say things like that for the sake of gaining gratification. As evidenced in this thread. Consider onetime Grand Prix Champion James Hunt. (Ever see 'Rush?') All the wrecks that man had, yet he kept racing. One day he lost his nerve, couldn't drive the car anymore midseason. Feared going fast. Was there mental illness involved? Too hard to say. Hunt became a shell of his former dashing self, drinking during broadcast appearances, etc. Yet he went along just fine as far as he was concerned. Made some efforts to come back but couldn't get a car on the track. . . .

Brentis said:
Do you consider what you're saying before you type?

Would it turn out this much better than your self indulgent crap if I didn't? This much better than yours without even considering it would be amazing, now, wouldn't it? Was this your way of saying how awed you were? But if you really meant to ask if I read your mind and consider how this affects your place at the center of the universe, no, I don't bother to consider how the truth might affect your feelings. Oh, darn, I brought up the other point about what I 'Thought' was being made because he's said things about that's not exactly what he meant. . . .

Brentis said:
I didn't brush on mindfulness based CBT meditation. That was my main point.

Then you brushed on your main point. Simply throwing it out there isn't exactly CONSIDERED, now is it? Trying to keep discussions on track rather than letting them devolve into childish henpecking isn't "Argumentative," 'What happened to me' is that I've seen and heard far, far too much of that for one lifetime. Especially on such an important topic.

Meanwhile, back at the original posters' point:

Yeah, buying property is stressful. You're getting in deep, you don't realize how so until you're in that position. I think of all those timeshare owners with that ball and chain that they can't cut off just because they were tricked into signing up. But owning property for real is a good thing, in fact it's one of the great things about America that makes the Independence from England such a good thing. (Historically in Ireland, what separated the "Men" from the "Boys" was that a man was either married or owned property.) So you worry about yourself being able to rise to the occasion. Hmmm, might that be something you normally have issues with, having to rise to occasions?

I'd GUESS from reading things from you on this board you have a desire to WILL matters into the shape you want. It's not easy for you that it doesn't work, so you will even harder. As Vince Lombardi said after his first (And ONLY) losing appearance in a championship game "The harder you work to win, the harder it is when you lose." You need to think of approaches that require less effort with more direct results. Which was the real magic of Lombardi, not so much working hard as working smart. I'm sure the other teams had all the same intense practices, as when he'd win 5 championships in the next 7 years.

Health food does not cure you, it only influences your health. Which makes it better than most of those damn pills the doctor will give you. An old and young chiropractor talking is much like that story of the young bull wanting to run down the hill while the old one says it's better to walk: The young chiropractor insists he can cure cancer, etc., while the old one points out a chiropractor doesn't 'Cure' anything, he/she makes it easier to be active, for the nervous system to operate, etc., all of which has a positive effect on what ails you. So go easy on your expectations of all these food supplements.

So have you lost count of how many times people on this board have told you to 'Calm down' over the years? Getting your land and moving in a definite direction CAN actually have a calming effect, or it can stress you out even worse. So you're at a crossroads, right? The question is NOT whether you choose to buy the land and go forward or hold back, it's whether you choose to do what the Marines call developing an inner locus of control and stop thinking you should bounce off the walls to react to everything or if you decide to just keep doing as you've been doing even though you're admitting it hasn't worked.

Spoiler alert: Smeagel up there will make another of his "Smeagel hates the Dauntless, HATES IT!" posts over this one. But of course we already know he's wrong at most things he says. Your real issue is NOT some great inner defect, which is what most people assume mental illness is. It's how you choose to react to matters. Some 2/3rds of what we could call the 'Certifiably Mentally Ill' are what is called 'Dual Disordered.' They also suffer from substance abuse. The most common term is 'Self Medicating.' It's how they choose to deal with their problems. There is less than 1% of the population whose condition is so severe, yada yada yada, mostly you're not helpless unless you decide you're going to be helpless. Many of those people who do decide resort to what is called 'The Tyranny of the Weak,' demanding to control others to make them take care of the poor helpless one. But that doesn't appeal to your ambitious side, does it?

There are other choices. CONSIDER the one made by none other than Benedict Arnold. Take away one little mistake and he'd be known as the greatest hero of the American Revolution. A revolution he acknowledged the majority of the colonists opposed. Oh, did they teach you in school that the colonists all WANTED to break away from England? Benjamin Franklin didn't get on board until 1775, the change mostly stemming from a single insult he suffered in England which he referred to as the final straw.

Arnold listed his reasons for switching sides as such things as the increasing terrorizing of the loyalists by socalled 'Militias' formed for no other reason that looting. As the military governor of Philadelphia after the British withdrawal he was at the battles, unable to walk after his Saratoga wound, yet gun in hand, at the same time the Pennsylvania council was publicly favoring such action. THIS was not the new republic he'd hoped to build.

Yet Arnold was turning his back on HIS cause. The one he'd lost his fortune on simply paying for everything, as well as losing his health.

The great clue is in one big thing he had in common with George Washington. His own side was proving the greater enemy to both than the British. The petty schemers, playing politics, trying to destroy those ahead of them in the hierarchy. You have to love the way Washington tried to put himself out there confronting his aides when they joined in the scheming and his letters to others that showed he knew of the plotting. (Such clever people, one general had one of Washington's banished aides come to discuss the plotting at the home of his favorite prostitute, who'd already agreed to hand him over to the British that day. The former aide managed to escape.) Washington himself is regarded as suffering from tremendous depression throughout the war.

While Arnold would rage publicly at the behavior he was subjected to, he never did the things Washington did to rock those people back on their heels. While Washington longed to be the success Arnold was in battle, Arnold didn't care to emulate Washington's success with intriguers. And there, in the midst of successfully defending himself from trumped up charges from a corrupt Pennsylvania Council, already having stepped down as the military governor because of all the politics, did Arnold's new (Loyalist) wife approach him with a deal she'd been cooking up with the British for him to defect. . . .

Lashing out over his bruised ego, the many legitimate grievances Arnold had became merely rationalizations. But he didn't hurt the petty people causing so many affronts, (They were publicly happy about the whole affair) by giving in to the madness he only hurt his real friends, such as George Washington. His was a successful businessman in Canada for a time, until his slipping health got in the way. But he'd lost so much of his former self over the West Point affair, always dealing with the nagging need to set things right in the minds of the American public and a certain closing of the deal with the British government. The conduct of the Pennsylvania Council after the war caused the nations' capital to be moved from Philadelphia to Washington D.C. There would have been a greater stigma hanging over them had the public known their full story.

So I guess the big point for you to get is this idea that you're grabbing the gun to go after SOMETHING once and for all. Keep in mind the case of the guy who shot the pedestrian to protect his neighborhood from street racers. If you're going to work yourself up you're going to screw up. Then you're going to be even more uptight dealing with the consequences, aren't you? Don't look for one fell swoop to settle everything. Hey, I'd much rather give people like Smeagal enough rope to hang themselves, which I'm working on.

You know, when I was a kid I actually hated my father calling me Dauntless. A play on my first name, as he did with all the kids. Except the others were called Rainbow, Skinny benny (For Lorraine and Kenneth) etc. What's this word he's using for me? But of course I learned I was named after his best friend who he referred to as indeed, being Dauntless. Now there was one cool character in a crisis. And then there were those Dauntless divebombers when I was learning about the Battle of Midway. When things happen that could upset me, I don't want to be upset. I want to deal with it. Think about that with your stress. Most people tell me they never actually thought about how they WANTED to handle things. Smeagal of course doesn't have to tell me, obviously he just wants to carry on with his own personal tyranny.

So I'll just tell you to get your mind of how things are and on to how you want to make them. Washington was looking forward to going home to Mount Vernon and resuming developing his land holdings. Oh, there were squatters doing that very thing with his land during the war, NOT sympathetic to Independence, NOT willing to go ahead and buy his land cheap when he offered to sell. So he kept his head and wound up with the houses and barns built, the fields tilled, etc., for all the trouble they'd caused. All worked out well in the end, right? No, he didn't want to go become the REAL first president of the U.S. (The other names that came up were presidents of groups, of Congress, etc.)

And let up all the analysis of your physical problems. I have a lifelong bad leg, I ran marathon distance and ran 10k distance in 36 minutes on a bad leg. I didn't do any of that by dwelling on my bad leg, now did I? Stress comes from dwelling on things you can't fix.

So give up dwelling on your stress. You'll forget about it when you point things in the right direction. People keep very hectic schedules without stress because they set things up right so they like what they're doing. Such as the first time Lombardi talked to the Green Bay Packers and he was interrupted as he said "Of course we're all here for the same thing, to win championships, right. . . ?" by the well known clown who shouted out 'Not so fast.' Lombardi is reported as laughing so long and hard he had trouble resuming his speech. Such as the way I like it when Smeagal goes right on making a fool of himself after he's plainly lost. . . .

I'd highly prefer a broken ankle to whatever this is. A broken ankle is not life threatening and you almost know with certainty it's going to get better.

Okay, noticing that laying on my back on my brother's rock-hard flat bed quickly caused an episode in bed, whereas my bed with more give seems to sometimes cause episodes within 5 minutes after waking up, I've tripled the amount of comforters on my bed to reduce the 'flattening' affect of the bed on my back when laying on my back. I guess a hammock might be ideal, but this might actually turn out to be a more ideal solution with enough comforters. Adding more comforters is cheap, easy and reasonably straightforward.

I can only hope that all episodes involving chest pain so far have been purely nerve related, but the fact that bending my neck down blowing my nose this morning easily induced exercise intolerance, leaves me thinking there's a chance there's been legitimate cardiac involvement in some of those pain episodes. I can only hope that's not been the case. (And, if there has been cardiac involvement, it hasn't damaged the heart muscle. Oh, that would be awful.)

My ability to do physical labor. lol.

I preach "Arbeit Mach Frei" like it's the gospel, and I want to embrace the lifestyle, but I appear to have limitations. I'm not really /completely/ barred from physical labor, just that I should be doing the ones that involve more legs than arms and not a whole lot of bumpiness (For example, mowing the yard with a reel mower is totally up my alley, just have to plant my hands at my hips.). Which, seems like a shame, since I'm absolutely sure people were designed to use their hands via hand tools; part of our prehensile history. Nothing more satisfying than chopping down trees with an axe or breaking big rocks with a sledgehammer. And, I have an odd fascination with digging holes. Seems like there's a lot of cool things I can create with that technique, like ponds. And, swimming pools. And, natural 'wine cellars' which would be especially helpful in hot climates.

Maybe once I get this bed solution figured out, I can do all of that and more (With limits after doing it, maybe.).

------------------------------------------

Just took a nap in the new triple comforter bed. What appears to be a snore woke me up, and I could tell my heart rate increased for about 10 seconds afterwards, and nothing really awful happened after that. Walking around, I noticed that I kept getting odd, fleeting nerve sensations on the left side in the familiar areas (bicep/lef-index/thumb/lower-left-abdomen-upto-upper-left-face). It appears my bed has the habit of causing rearrangement of the vertebra somehow, which then seems to trigger various nerve sensations; 'C6' appears particularly bugged on touch, suspecting it's solely response for this phenomena. It didn't seem like anything particularly dire was happening, until I leaned forward, which put some kind of outward pushing pain in my chest. Knocking my head back 'clicked' the neck, causing it to recede.

It almost seems like this is becoming kind of predictable/prosaic now. For whatever reason, waking up in the morning seems particularly episodic, for reasons that don't always appear immediately connected to my neck. But, then again, sometimes they do. Like this morning probably was. The 'great terrible chest pain' didn't happen until after I ate the first banana, and I wasn't strictly controlling my neck thinking it had already resolved itself days before, so it isn't terribly unlikely that bending my head forward in pulling apart the second banana from the bunch happened. The morning after the trespassers, I'm unsure what that was exactly.

It is curious how episodic the mornings tend to be. It would almost seem like there are factors beyond the state of my neck involved, that seem to make late-nights/mornings more eventful. I've long noticed I feel notably better during the later part of the day than the morning time, and late night, and I suspect the factors operating behind that dynamic are involved. It very well could be that my neck would be particularly uneventful in most bodies (Including mine not too long ago), but this body is getting close to that edge where something relatively minor could push it over.

However, the development of these episodes wasn't without a trigger. Wrecklessly riding my mountain bike at high speeds seemed to trigger the severe nocturnal panic attacks, which were last seen back in January/February, highly suggesting my neck is solely involved. It's just more severe this time because the 'damage done' was more severe, and the rather obvious neck strain from the decompression unit probably made it many times worse, introducing a feeling of resistance when turning the head, a click sound when thrown back, and rather noticeable phenomena when it gets really bugged. Cardiac involvement seems to be reliably induced in the forward direction, the severity depending on the time of day, the state of my back, and what meds/food/drinks I've taken.

However, it's been bugged for a long time. I remember getting random shooting pain in the left side of my face and left side of my body for at least two years. I minimized it by sleeping on the floor, and I then completely solved it for at least a week by laying on the ground under the bed and pulling my body apart by pinning my shoes at the foot, and pulling at the head. I don't understand how that would solve cervical vertebra, but it probably did solve the thoracic. I also never had distinct cardio phenomena back then, just shooting pain on the left half. Well, actually, I do remember getting cardio involvement back then, but I assumed it was 'anxiety/panic' related. Like one time in the parking lot, I told myself, "Do not walk in that direction, something really bad will happen if you do" and so I tentatively kept walking in that direction because I thought I was just being a little overly OCD. Well, this guy rolled by with his blaring rap music on his subwoofers, and /bam/ sudden chest pain which I immediately took an aspirin for. I sat in my car and It went away after 20 seconds or so. At that particular time, I had only started really dieting at bootcamp. I was off and on before bootcamp, nothing particularly serious as I kept my weight at 205. It went down to 185 in the navy (23 BMI). So, I had effectively been doing the rabbit diet for 5 months when that happened. Then another time, I was running and intense pressure happened in my head which then caused me to stop. I never really knew what caused that.

UPDATE: 8/20/2016

I just drank another cup of cocoa, because why not? Interestingly, a small but noticeable sense of upper chest relief came about 10-20 seconds after I began drinking. Just like the morning after the first gripping chest sensation episode. Granted, I think I've now identified the upper rib connected to T1 as being probably responsible for much of this phenomena, as it's associated with 'chest heaviness' and 'chest tigthness' (The rib is sore when this happens, and pressing on it will remove the sensation; it returns shortly after releasing), so perhaps it was having an effect on that rib via cocoa's 'pain-killing' properties. Or perhaps the molasses was subduing whatever acid reflux was present. Or perhaps it was releasing my heart from the grips of l'terror. Je ne sais pas.

I looked online for the 25-34 age group. Annual risk of death like 1 out of 1300. 10 year risk is 1 out of 130. According to the CDC, about 8% of deaths in that age group is heart related, so the 10 year heart death risk is 1 out of 1625. So it happens. I've been reading that it's been picking up in young people, no doubt due to the age of the computer/internet/cell-phone and how the great recession has been hitting them the hardest.

And gosh darn, there's that familiar anxiety feeling. Historically, that's been a good sign that 'my back is healing', or so I thought, and that laying flat on my back on the ground would take care of it. Well, turns out my neck vertebra was out of place and that throwing my head back made that familiar click and got rid of the anxiety sensation, lol. Well, if the old trend is true, then it appears my neck is healing and that's a good sign, lol. And, it appears it's been my neck all along. It's just that this time, it was /far more intense/ than last time, and my doctor's angina diagnosis and his recommendations if it gets 'too traumatic' led to several ER visits. I still am not quite sure about the extent of cardiac involvement, and if it's purely cervical in nature. My guess is that it is, but I'm not entirely sure. The episodes have been far too intense, and the 'rib explanation' only seems to intuitively explain the more minor 'surface' episodes, to be certain. The sudden 'deep' episodes don't intuitively seem readily explained by the ribs, and bending the neck down clearly impairs the heart somehow.

I swear to god, if and when this gets healed, I will implement the guidelines fully, regardless of what it takes. This has been the Ghost-of-Christmas-Future that apparently was sent to warn me if I were to ignore them, lol.

More realistically, I wonder if I need warfarin? Perhaps during one of these 'impaired heart episodes', a clot had formed and lodged itself and its finality has thus far been delayed through taking various vasodilators and blood thinners. It tends to reveal itself in the morning time and late at night, when cortisol levels are at their highest. Even if my neck keeps healing and future cardiac impairment is minimized, it's quite possible this hypothetical clot will eventually finalize, regardless of how much cocoa and aspirin I take. A clot buster like warfarin or heparin would be a more appropriate medicine for such a scenario.

I guess the D-dimer test ruled out a clot a week ago. However, there was not much evidence of a persisting clot at that time, unlike now. (Ever since the trespassers episode, lol.)

Well, actually, a week before the test, there was evidence of something that persisted into the next morning, but it had no recurrence beyond that.

Eh, on second thought, I seem to have no exercise impairments when my head is up, suggesting there's no persisting clots. I wonder if I did any morning exercise tests before I took any drugs?

--------------------------

When did my neck become a problem? Assuming it's always been responsible for left side issues, including pains in the left chin, left shoulder and the such. I can remember that starting when I was 24. At the time I was researching these issues, the headlines were always like "Heart issue!", so I assumed that was the case since I had the sweating going on whenever I was laying in my chair, but I always thought it was minor because it was obviously never lethal. But, it's kind of obvious now it's because of a neck issue that's causing a heart issue and it took a cervical decompression device to make that painfully obvious, no pun intended. I've always suspected my 'back affects my heart', because positioning my back in certain ways seemed to induce palpitations on movement. And, when my back was 'really badly affected', or so I thought, laying on my right side caused palpitations.

And then it progressed the more permanent fleeting pains within the last 2 years, and then it became more severe 2 weeks ago, when I dared riding a mountain bike at high speeds. And then it became really severe when I used the cervical decompression device, which caused neck strain. It seems to be healing up now, though it's obviously not 'back to normal' just yet.

I wonder what led to issues by 24? Well, I think I can easily speculate the way I laid in my computer chair caused the issues. And is now causing the apparent 'scoliosis' I have. I'm not really sure when the neck was originally effected in the way it's acting now, but I can speculate one of the crashes, maybe. I ultimately don't know, could be many things. There doesn't seem to be one event that really 'touched it off' in an obvious way, and no traumatic events (as far as I know) in the time frame it started developing in earnest (Like 2-3 months after starting nuke school).

Okay, no, I have a plan now which I'm comfortable with. Getting my living situation resolved before getting there is something I'm far more comfortable with than trying to get something together after I leave. It was the latter 'idea', which was my first idea, that was springing so much anxiety. Depending so much on other people in a "Will I sleep soundly tonight?" question is something that gives me great anxiety, which is what the first plan entailed; it was a plan that depended on hoteliers, then on local RV movers, then on RV park owners to answer that question. Having the RV and a means to move it ensures I will not have to depend on ANYONE to sleep soundly at night, which is far less anxiety inspiring. There's like 4 nearby national parks in the Houston area (Especially my area,
hence the forest land), which I can potentially bounce around between while I get my place setup. (I will focus on getting my area ready for move-in as quickly as I can, ideally within the first week.)

The reason why this is important? Ok, let's say all those Sikh/Indian hoteliers you see everywhere, they tend to be bitchy about who they rent to. At least in my case. Which is odd, because I've never had problems with White, Spanish or female hoteliers. Just the male Sikhs. Maybe it's because I think they're all muslim, and it shows, lol. I swear to god I don't think they're all muslims, I personally thought they're Indians of some type. (By the ways, they've always ended up signing me up, but about half the time not without that aggravating reluctance, a reluctance I especially don't need at 11:30 p.m. which is when I usually got there, lol.) And, it's more than that; it's the sheer costs involved, which adds up over time. I'm trying to avoid 'rent' as much as possible, which is why I sought to buy land to begin with. 'rent'/'interest' just looks like a sheer waste of money to me, and it seems to be the means by which the wallstreet bankers engorge themselves off the population, and it's the major reason why people earn 3 million over their lifetime, and are lucky to have 1 million to show for it. I didn't realize what kind of wall-street handout the federal loan system was, but my eyes were definitely opened when I refinanced. I was hoodwinked, as well as 1/2 my generation, and I will not knowingly be victim to their games in the future.

And, unlike many of the elderly residents who seem to be living on their social security income in this area, I'm a strapping young lad seeking fortune and prosperity, and this property just happens to be a great gateway to the benefits of Houston:

-Fry's Electronics
-Cheap airfare
-(Hoping to be able to find almost anything I want, though I'm sure Los Angeles is a better bet being the de facto gateway from China, lol. Still, I think my chances are far greater than the town I'm moving from, lol.)
-Income opportunities
-The beach isn't too far away
-Great climate, especially for growing fruits/vegetables
-And Houston just has a lot of really cool stuff about it, like the integrated bicycle paths in Sugarland, TX. And all the statue dealers (I'll take the streetside statue dealers of Houston over the wick-basketweavers of Charleston, SC anyday, lol.). And, the area is just beautiful. The fall time colors during the middle of winter tickles me pink, lol.
-Proximity to New Orleans (Especially le francias marche j'aime.), and the rest of the greats of Texas.

I drove through the area once about 7 years ago, and I totally fell in love with it. Granted, I'd prefer a more tightly integrated community, but I realize I won't be able to enter the 'ownership scene' in one of those areas until I get the however many hundreds of thousands of dollars necessary (Well, actually, I could probably do it for $70,000-$100,000 somewhere... I figure $30,000 for the land, and $50,000-$70,000 for the development. I might be underestimating the cost of land in the kinds of areas I'm thinking of.).

Vacation.jpg

I just think you'd be better off taking some sort of vacation first. Basically a vacation from looking up exact spots where you think you have a problem and trying to read into them. I think my own sleep issues are just an example of stressing out over things.

Oh, there's this book you can read on the beach or whatever. It's about how people came to be involved in the space program, how bases wound up where they are, etc.

51x9xw72PbL._AC_US160_.jpg

[youtube]1kzfp3shvkY[/youtube]

So, now, to help answer the question between looking down and reduced cardiac output (I.e., 'heart pains'/'chest pressure'). A bunch of relevant images.

I woke this morning with that characteristic chest pressure upon standing, presumed the 'therapy position' to help correct the neck, everything immediately went back to normal. It's weird how it seems to be hitting earlier and earlier in the morning. (Albeit, it was almost always was (noticeably) triggered within 2-3 minutes of awaking. Well, except one or two times. ;/)

It appears the sympathetic nerves supply the AV/VA nodes, though the parasympathetic nerves seem to fulfill that primary function and they don't interface with the spine, just as the vagus does not. It seems the sympathetic nerves also supplies the muscle of the atrium and ventricles. So, irritation between T1-T3 and any malfunction above it in the spine(I.e., C1-C8) appears like it could affect the nerves that control the atrium and ventricle muscles, though it appears the sympathetic nerves have lead-ins directly from the brain stem, just like the parasympathetic and vagus nerves.

Attachments

• ch-17lecturepresentation-14-638.jpg
    ch-17lecturepresentation-14-638.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 2,637
  • F1.large.jpg
    F1.large.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,636
I slept well. The night was pretty eventful, I went back to sleep at 8, was clearly dreaming (yay), and then what felt a sudden upperback pain around T1-T4 woke me from the middle of it. Immediately turned around into 'therapy position', my upperback's vertebra felt 'extremely bugged' indicating something just happened, and that was that. No immediate feeling like I was dying, my blood pressure checked out fine (No signs of an aneurysm), and I woke up feeling better than yesterday.

I wonder what that could've been? If it were a heart problem radiating to T1-T3, I would've expected it to last a little longer and/or be a little more intense.

http://patient.info/forums/discuss/severe-back-pain-only-when-lying-down-40075

Seems like there's a few that have spasms when laying on their back, but not on their side. Lol, I just took up laying on my back because laying on my right side was triggering nocturnal panic attacks, lol. So, I guess this is normal. Recommendation is exercise, stretching and 'healthy eating'. I did a lot of that 'stretching' in a past life.

Swbluto,
Thanks for answering some of my questions.
marty said:
Where do you live?
swbluto said:
South Carolina
South Carolina to Texas is half way across the country. I like things like running water. If I was planing a move across the country I would be anxious too.

Your diagrams of the inside of people ya got Dr Marty stumped :? I suggest you get a second opinion. Good place to start is a primary doctor.

My Mom is a Doctor, Psychologist. She says "Get some medical help. Good place to start is a primary doctor."

Every time I hit the Ctrl + V button I see...... Get some medical help. Good place to start is a primary doctor. Sorry if I am a pest :|

Moving ideas?

Pack enough stuff for a few weeks in your car. Stay here:
https://www.airbnb.com/
>Vacation Rentals, Homes, Apartments & Rooms for Rent - Airbnb<
Stay in strangers houses. Usually cheaper then Hotels. Out of the way areas cost less. Wife and I have stayed in a bunch of Airbnb places. All good.

When you get to Texas, look at apartments and look at the land you bought. Hold off on cutting trees till you have a definite plan. Find it hard to believe that you can build a building anywhere in the US without permits but I never built anything in Texas.

If you find a apartment? Fly or take a bus back to South Carolina. [I like the bus. Check out Megabus http://us.megabus.com/Default.aspx] Rent a U-Haul truck. Or whatever truck rental ya like. Pack your stuff and drive the truck to Texas. To save money you could sleep in the truck and shower at truck stops.

Before you go anywhere I would, Get some medical help. Good place to start is a primary doctor.

Notes on Megabus. https://www.wanderu.com/en/home puts different routes together. My brain was ready to blow a fuse trying to figure out how to put routes together. Wife and I just got back from a fun trip. Buffalo to NY City. NY City to Boston. No bus station in NY City. Have to stand outside. Would be a serious problem if it rained. Luckily we had good weather. Bring a rain coat. Megabus has unbelievable low prices if you buy tickets a few months early. Also dress warm in hot weather in case the bus driver tries to freeze the passengers with air conditioning.

I just googled this particular sensation, "feels like a balloon in my chest", and I got a bunch of Acid Reflux articles. Apparently it's a /very/ common symptom of acid reflux, and acid reflux is a /very/ common symptom of anxiety. I'm probably making mountains out of molehills, just that I've never experienced these sensations before as far as I know, and they kind of alarm me with all the other strange/alarming experiences over the last few weeks.

Coincidentally, I was looking outside and admiring the scenery, my soul calmed. This property will be a dream, yes. Then the base of my neck somewhere around T1 got irritated, and I felt my left hand going numb while lifting it and it felt like an impending sense of completely painful and halting chest pain was going to happen. (Or, was on the verge of happening as it seemed like at the time.)

I was curious if hand numbness was ever associated MIs, and sure enough it is. It's kind of weird how I 'imagined something' that I never experienced before nor conceptualized prior but seemed to capture the essence of. But, considering the base of my neck was very obviously irritated by my leaning foward towards the window, I'm much more likely to attribute those nerves which ennervate the hand and T1 which connects to the upper rib. And, my imagination likes to embellish on top of that(And these random shooting sensations in my left pinky just isn't that reassuring when I'm reading that, lol, but I'm obviously forgetting to keep my neck straight, lol. And fleeting sensations is definitely indicative of nerves.). But, bending the neck forward does seem to trigger genuine heart/chest-pressure phenomena, sometimes, especially when the vertebra knocks out of place. That's been verified by stress tests (too easily winded) and the obvious relief that soon follows when it's put back into place (click). The affect that has seems to vary in strength, it seems like it's becoming less pronounced over time, presumably as my neck has more time to heal from the neck strain brought on by the cervical decompression unit.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=154520

This seems like my crowd, lol.

I'm not /particularly/ alarmed because the ER ran a bunch of tests about a week after some pretty darn serious 'episodes', and everything was within normal limits, including tronopin, which can linger for 2 weeks+ after an attack. So, I'm attributing about 70% of past episodes to acid reflux and anxiety and 20-30% to cervical episodes. Those cervical episodes, holy crap, they can be fricking serious and no doubt led to increased anxiety. I do suspect at least half the time, there was legitimate cardiac involvement induced by the vertebra, just not the genuine MI variety (Probably acting on the sympathetic nerves.).

Part of my regimen now is a daily exercise stress test, which entails climbing 10 flights of stairs as quickly as possible, and to note any unusual decrements in performance. So far, I've passed every test with flying colors, including right after these "balloon in my chest" morning time episodes. If there was a legitimate MI going on, I swear to god I wouldn't be able to quickly climb 10 flights of stairs with minimal effort right afterwards, lol. Many people have noticed decreased ability to exert effort in the weeks prior to a genuine attack.

As far as noting late evenings and early morning being the most symptomatic, I suspect that's because during those hours when the brain isn't fully awake, it's more susceptible to anxiety and its after-affects (acid reflux, chest phenomena, etc.); in other-words, those particular hours tend to amplify it. The minutes/hour after I wake up, however, seems particularly special since the relative curvature in my neck is pronounced from laying flat on my back in bed, leading to whatever it likes to trigger.

And, I'm already set up for two doctor appointments, all about 2 weeks from now.

Noticed my neck feeling stiff, so I start probing the neck to see what was irritated. Interestingly, the very top of the neck as far I could feel (I don't what it is, C3? C2? C1?), felt irritated and probing it elicited tingling in both the left pinky/fourth finger and the right pinky/fourth finger. Oh, that's not necessarily a really great sign. I don't personally think I have significant issues there (It seems the 'lifting'/'clicking' sensation happens lower, in the C6/C7/C8 region), but that would be terrible if I did, lol. Because, the sympathetic/parasympathetic nerves all branch off in that area, so a big issue at that point could possibly be fatal, and probing it most likely affected the nerve signals to the heart, which lead to the dual tingling in the pinky/ring in both hands. That's significant, because ever since seeing those cardiac pain diagrams, I get a little bit concerned every time my left pinky/ring finger tingles /just like that/, lol. (Okay, it's usually a bit less pronounced, but still... the tingles... and they always seem to happen right before I go to sleep, lol.)

If C1/C2/C3 has been that badly affected, I'm a goner, and there's not much anyone can do, lol. Spinal surgeons normally make mistakes it seems (Nerves must be invisible to surgeons; ideally, they wouldn't be.), and a mistake in that area can prove fatal. So I might as well act like it can't be that bad. No point in worrying about it, since there's nothing I can really do about it, anyway.

Anyway, I do distinctly remember x-rays being specifically taken of that particular part, so I'm sure it's fine. Any ligament injuries should be healing right up.

EDIT: Reading threads like this --> http://www.spineuniverse.com/community/chronic-pain/33606/c4c5c6-fusiondiscectomy-surgery-help <--- is giving me a lot of perspective. As much as I hate admitting it, I'll have to agree with my previous commanders: I'm being such a frocking baby, lol. :lol:

I suspect the highest vertebra you can feel is C4, though it might be C3.

I want to live among the Kuna on the San Blas islands.

They don't have traffic accidents. They see the ocean and beach everyday. They eat fish, bananas and cocoa as well as other staples, I'm sure. They don't work/live in artificial first world environments where one sits all day. They move, they live, they enjoy. They don't develop back/neck problems like first-worlders because they live attuned with nature.

Attachments

• 20070306-panama-0340.jpg
    20070306-panama-0340.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 2,620
Oh, yes, I remember one other time back in nuke school. I was doing my studies on a Saturday one time, instead of the usual Sunday, because I wanted to see how much more peaceful it was. Well, that turned out to be a mistake, because the one other person there wasn't peaceful at all - she was there precisely because she was antisocial. Nope, she started to remark on how quickly I left the party, in which I retorted "That's because my friends left", and she was like "Oh, they were still there.". I knew that was bullshit, because my friends are the type that either like to completely ditch 'group events' or, if forced to go, they try to leave early as possible, which they obviously did. And, it was pretty easy seeing everybody at the party at the time. And it was a surreal feeling finding myself surrounded by a bunch of people I didn't really know. 'The scene' felt like a zombie movie, and I just happened to wake up in the middle of one of their feedings. So, feeling myself a bit spooked at this sudden surreal realization, I left. Anyway, she tried making me feel soooo bad for leaving the party, which I personally thought was bullshit because it wasn't a party by any stretch of the imagination, lol. It was like a family reunion barbeque, being overseen by your boss, except my family left. Anyway, she obviously got underneath my skin, so I finished up and left and as I walking to my dorms, a burning sensation quickly enveloped in the middle of my chest. I thought, "My god, I can't be having a heart attack, I'm only 28" (Looking back, and with my recent pain experiences, it most likely wasn't. There wasn't really any other associated cardiac symptoms, and I ran like a beast, before and after.), and so I was in my dorm writhing in this pain and I had the brilliant idea to start punching the shit out of my duffle bag, because I figured this was just anger pain I had to displace, just like how the alpha gorilla displaces his anger by picking on a subordinate monkey. Sure enough, about 5 seconds after beating the shit out of it, it just disappeared so quickly. This 'burning pain' was just like the burning pain I had when I went to the ER, in which case they fixed it by giving me some ativan, lol. I should've obviously just started beating the shit out of something, lol.

Gosh, this is so crazy. I suddenly feel so weak, like I'm just about to pass out, then I knock back my head, hear/feel that double "crink,crink", and it all goes back to normal. I no longer feel like a tired, feeble old man. I thank god it's so easy to identify and remedy, but holy crap, this is annoying. I feel like this is something I shouldn't have to deal with, lol.

And what's so 'toxic' about it icewrench? At least explain. . . ?

What I see is some internal dialogue BY OP, somewhat connected to OP/topic, and a few posters not really liking it.

So what- don't read it, or make a helpful suggestion if you do but disagree! Imo the real toxic stuff on this forum are some peoples' attitudes and then actions towards each other, for instance this post that came to mind:
I would really like to see the fukkin stupid poster removed from this once fine forum along with all of the fukkin stupid posters content

This should be moved to my personal journal, but I don't really have one ATM...

So far, all signs are looking OK. Seeing some nerve phenomena, anxiety and acid reflux. Nothing big. Bending my head (Crinking my neck forward) forward does bring on some minor chest discomfort that seems reminiscent of a possible mild heart attack, while crinking it back eliminates the chest discomfort and I feel back to normal. It might've been associated with the left burning chin sensation this morning at 3:40, though I'm guessing that's probably nerve related as the base of the neck felt irritated (And it fits established 'benign' pain radiation patterns.). Seemed notable that drinking cocoa and eating got rid of the minor left chin pains this morning, so I'm guessing those are probably anxiety related, anxiety related to possible hypoglycemia. (The cocoa was delicious, suggesting hypo at the time.) Don't get me wrong, I was guessing far worse causes for all the phenomena observed at the time, but the internal narrative script is almost always euphemistically retroactively revised just due to the sheer fact I'm still alive, passing the exercise stress tests with flying colors and generally feeling OK. :lol:

This deal is proceeding along and I'm getting ready for the next step. Doing the craigslist trade. I also need to get back into business, and I'm finishing up another customers' longstanding order, starting today. First things, first. I need to replace these wingnuts that someone else broke off my standing desk and get it working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back