Caleb Moore dies after injuries in X Games crash

Chalo said:
Most of us here, like me, came of age in the 20th century. We have certain characteristic experiences.

I know all about motor vehicles, because of where and when I came from. I also have extensive direct experience with television, divorce, saccharin, and trickle-down economics, and I strongly recommend against all of those things. Like motor vehicles, they are bad for you and for others.

What are you even talking about when you say motor vehicles?

Are you talking about internal combustion engines or any motors? My ebike is a motor vehicle. I'm confused. Unless you're just provocative, and if that's the case endless sphere isn't a very good place for that sort of thing.

MikeFairbanks said:
Chalo said:
Most of us here, like me, came of age in the 20th century. We have certain characteristic experiences.

I know all about motor vehicles, because of where and when I came from. I also have extensive direct experience with television, divorce, saccharin, and trickle-down economics, and I strongly recommend against all of those things. Like motor vehicles, they are bad for you and for others.

What are you even talking about when you say motor vehicles?

Are you talking about internal combustion engines or any motors? My ebike is a motor vehicle. I'm confused. Unless you're just provocative, and if that's the case endless sphere isn't a very good place for that sort of thing.

I think he is simply encouraging a path of biological based transportation methods, like pedaling a bike, which technically just makes the human the motor in a motor vehicle, but I believe this is where he is drawing the line.

I think that's actually a fine recommendation to make, and entirely possible to live an amazing fulfilling, long amazing life making that choice, and more power to the people who do. Justin himself seems to live in this manner as an example. He technically rides an ebike, but I only see him pedaling it to get around most of the time. I think he has just come to prefere challenges of the human-only propulsion method, but also has electric assist if he is towing a large trailer up a steep hill in traffic on his bicycle.

R.I.P. Caleb.

One of my close friends died two weeks after his 30th birthday, on his Yamaha R6, doing triple digits. Wiped out and hit a light pole that cut his body in half, his torso and legs flew 200 feet in opposite directions. His name was Erik, and he was not a celebrity or well known x-gamer, just a normal guy like most of us. He also paid the ultimate price doing what he loved. It hit really close to home for me, as I was riding his R6 on the same stretch of highway weeks earlier visiting him on his birthday.

We all know the risks when we ride, or at least we should, whether it be a bicycle, ebike, motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, homemade frankenbike, etc. The way I see it, just riding a cycle safely is quite risky, let alone pushing it to the max of the rider skill and machine capabilities. Given the opportunity, I am sure Caleb or Erik would like that 5 seconds back right before they made their last life ending decision, but the outcomes are finite.

What I have learned in my 33 years roaming this planet is that living to life expectancy takes much more skill than flipping a snowmobile or piloting an R6 at double the posted limit on an interstate.

Asian Twins......lmao.

Back