ChopperMan's MKII

Hi D,

Yeah I am really pleased with the shape, but it fells like a real heavy weight.

I have a small rear mud guard (fender) to go on the back and I am going to fit the same tyre as I have on the back, to the front. Just need to fit a wider rim too.

The enclosure is big enough to fit 72V 20Ah of LiFeBATT!

However, as I only have some Chinese packs at present I'm going to start with 36V 20Ah. I'll be on to Mark soon about a 72V controller, it's just got to be done!

Cheers,

Ian

Malcolm said:
your plan to use 0.8 mm wall, 25 mm tube sounds like it will give you a fairly light frame. I used 0.8 mm on a tadpole trike and it worked well,

For reference purposes only:
My LWB 7-1/2 foot recumbent is made with .035 wall thickness tubing, 30mm dia, cr-moly.
essensially about the same size bike frame, and feels like riding one big torsion bar suspension bike, by far the most comfortable ride ever, highly recommend crmoly for comfort, yet ridgid twist wise if you know what i mean. Good luck with the build.

We are experimenting with 40mm stainless steel, to run a single horazontal support top and bottom, rather than the triangulated four tube arangment that is more like a motorcycle frame. The four bar is easier to build but no god for adding peddles. 25mm SS for the rear frame. Don't know the thickness of the SS but feels pretty light still and looks the absolute dogs, nice and shiny!

The first production run of five bikes is scheduled to start construction in a months time for delivery mid Jan 08. I have ordered five motors/controllers and opened a wholesale account with a bike parts distribution company.

So I have jumped in with both feet !

sheeeeet mate,

jumpin right in there huh?
start watchin American chopper and stealing designs :)
Best of luck mate, let me know when i can quit work and come and help you out!!!

cheers Ian,

D

Hey all!
I'm a brandnew member who has been following this thread, and was hoping for an update on this project.
Any progress, tests, pictures, etc?

Thanx!

Back