Controller questions...

enabor

100 µW
Hi,

I'm really new in the e-bike world and my e-moped recently decided to not work anymore after a ride on a rainy day :evil: When starting the ignition the motor start shaking weirdly. The batteries are fine (tested), so it is between the controller and the motor itself. I suspect the controller to be the culprit while I'm not 100% sure. It is a 72V 25A with the following reference : REFLY RFW4850-V09A. Here is a picture of the opened controller:
20160529_205411.jpg

Could somebody explain me each wire ?
20160529_205523.jpg

What kind of test should I do to verify if it is the controller or the motor ?
Just in case, I would like to replace it by a new programmable controller ? Do you have any recommandation ? Would this one be a good candidate :
http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=41_38&product_id=82 ?

Thank you very much for you help !

Most of the problems encountered are to do with connectors and sensory inputs...
Weird shaking in the motor sounds like a hall/ phase connection issue. Check them all individually first. Clean the connections before replacing. Is the inside of the controller wet or corroded?
I can't see the wires well enough to explain them- maybe a better picture would help.
The ones you need to test it are:
Power : red and black fat wires
Phases: three fat wires going to motor usually blue yellow green
Halls: bunch of 5 thin wires, red black and three other colours
Throttle: three wire plug, red black and one othe often white.
On/off/ ignition two wire plug, could be any colour

If you are running a display of some sort, that will need to be plugged in.
K

Back