Crystalyte 4 wire throttle to 3 wire

Nogwin

10 mW
Just bought a spare analogue 24-72v Xlyte controller, and found it has the 4 wire throttle cable. My old 1/2 twist throttle is 3-wire, and I tried all the 8 combos and the motor still does not move (I know about the 4th - which is batter +v). Checked the multimeter on the signal from green hall wire and it read ~4.5V, but it did not change. Same throttle on the infineon controller works great 0.5-5V.

So is it a case where this throttle will never work on the Xlyte, or do I have to have the hall wires and phase wires hooked up to the motor so it will work?
I do know the 4th wire has the battery voltage (in this case 48v), and can measure it fine, but twisting the throttle using any combo of R/G/Y shows no voltage change!
(Like I mentioned before, this throttle works on the infineon controller as I just checked)...

Not sure what to do next..

Nog

*edit*
Is it possible that one has to rewire for a 3 wire throttle on the controller board?

just do not wire in the 4th wire tat goes straigt to the battery. the other 3 are in the same position.

you must have the hall sensors connected and they must change in the correct sequence. if there is no action on the hall sensor wires the controller treats it as an error or a stalled motor and cuts drive power to the output FETs.

rick

Thanks, that may be the problem. I did wire up the throttle up correctly, but have not tested the final system with a new motor.
I will try to get the hall/phase wiring figured out tonight (BMC 1000W V.3 to a 24-72V 35A Xlyte Controller) -- If anyone knows the wiring combo's, please let me know here.

Nog

In general, BMC to Crystalyte wire mapping is as follows:

Phase, BMC --> Xlyte

blue --> yellow
green --> blue
yellow --> green

Hall, BMC --> Xlyte

green --> yellow
yellow --> blue
blue --> green
red --> tan/red
black --> black

I don't have any of the V3s here, though, just the V2s, so I can't be 100% sure.

Back