Crystalyte 4065?? Who has some info?? Or...? On phasor frame

dimpirate

100 W
Looking to get an off road ebike frame probobally phasor cycles.
My plan is to run 24s4p (100.8v) with 18 fet Lyen at 80amps++ on 24inch wheels. Pretty fail safe motor option would be cromotor or 5403.
My only issue with this is so much added weight!

My current setup is running 18s4p air cooled hs3540 (stock phase wires) and 12 fet Lyen at 65 amps on 26' wheels on hard tail mountain bike.
I usually ride in the city so my speed is beetween 25mph to 35mph every now and again I hit more empty stretches and hit wot for no more than 2-3 minutes at a time never had a problem.

So what I want in my new setup is more torque lots more! 24' wheels and added voltage should do the job. Full suspension is a must I find myself slowing down a lot for small holes in road, speed bumps, sidewalks. I don't feal like my hartail bike can take it!

So back to the subject with the added voltage I think I would fry hs3540. Cromotor and 5403 and way to much weight to bike and inhibit me from lots of fun off road activity :twisted:
clyte 4065!!!!
Can't find enough info on motor it's not on crystalytes web site...
What I do know is that it can apparently take more than 3540
It comes with temp wires (awesome) and weighs less than the big boys.
I don't know dropout width requirements hub motor weight what it's rated for Any info would be much appreciated!
Sent Kenny email hopefully I get answer soon a few people on ES have it and they've purchased it directly from Kenny anyone else sell them?
What do you guys know about this hub??? :roll:

I haven't run mine yet but I have a few answers for you. I bought mine direct from Kenny. Transaction was simple enough. It does have a temp sensor but appears to be an odd ball 2k thermistor??? Haven't looked into that part yet. It's made for a single speed but I went 7 speed on my DH Team and spread the dropouts to 146mm. Only downside was less axle on the freewheel side for thick torque arms but I was still able to use 3/16" ones. My 4065 built with Maxxis DH tube/tire, Psycho rim, 12g spokes and 203mm rotor weighs in at 25 lbs 7oz. Looks like Hyena pushed over 7500 watts through his so it should have plenty of pep.......

Here is my build thread http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46673

Tom

So with a single speed it would be 135?
Weighs 25lbs damn... Thought it would be closer to HS weight
Ill check your build when I have a bit more time tommorow.
Got me thinking bout temp sensor to....

Yes 135 with single speed. You have the option of doing a 1, 3, 5, 6 or 7 speed and as I said only spreads to 146mm with 7. My wheel build did end up heavy but I have a very strong DH rim, 12g spokes, DH tube and 2.7 DH tire. Nothing light in the whole bunch. I'm good with it.

Good luck with decision! I think that's actually harder than the build.

Tom

I have ordered a HS4065 from John K. I was under the impression that 40 meant 140mm dropouts required and 3565 would mean 135mm dropouts required but later was told that its for standard 135mm for both of them. I got a 7casette too so little worried about spacing.

Under the conventional ways of listing specs. Is this a 1000 watt motor? How many watts is it continous, I also cant find info on it but trust that it will run at 65kmh because he said it would.

fingers crossed.

Back