Currie Scoot-e kickstand

twilloug

10 mW
Got the escooter up and running. Now in need to find a kickstand for it. It is an older Currie Scoot-e scooter. New motor, controller, throttle and paint job. Need to find a kickstand for it. I took some photos of where the kickstand would go. Not sure which one I need and how it attaches. Photos of installed kickstands?

Attachments

• IMG_1826.jpeg
    IMG_1826.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1827.jpeg
    IMG_1827.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
If you don't find an original one, you could make one easily enough with an appropriate length of steel tubing, a hammer, and a drill, and a rasp or rough file (or grinder, etc), plus a bolt and locknut and washer set of the right diameter and length to fit the mount hole. Hammer an inch or so of each end of the tubing flat. The end that goes into the slot wil probalby need to have the corners rounded off so it can pivot (file or grind). Drill a hole in the center of that end to match the bolt hold in the mount. Hammer the other flat end to bend it at an angle to make it parallel to the ground when it's installed and deployed.

Yep figured I could do that if I need to. Found some on line just don’t know what one looks like on stock machine. Thank you for the description though. It sounds like that would work.

Back