Custom elektric bike build

Sooo very cool, nice work and thanks for posting with all the great photos from step one. That's a very sick frame design, can you post some pics inside the box? I would like to see the layout and how everything fits.

Watch out, Stealth Bomber guys might come on here and say you copied their design! :roll:

Oh and Spin, wheelies on a bike are a good thing, flipping off the back with a slight touch of the throttle is a bad thing. :lol:

Great frame!!

Just what the hot rod and high powered ebike market needs as this is the weak link in the system.

Any plans to make this available as a kit?

Or alternative would be to SELL PLANS that we could take to local welding fab shop to have the frame made locally.
How hard would it be to make plans available for purchase that a fab welding shop could follow?

Would love that. I would buy plans at the right price. Dream come true.
Thank you for your all your contribution and sharing with us.

sn0wchyld said:
whats the 'dry' weight of the bike? as in no batts,motor etc, just the bike as if you were going to ride it under pedal power alone? 9kg is heavy, but im guessing thats gonna be near impossible to break.

Sorry, I can weight it just after a week, I do not want to reasamble now, because I'm using it everyday. but acording my calculations it must weight ~20kg

etard said:
Sooo very cool, nice work and thanks for posting with all the great photos from step one. That's a very sick frame design, can you post some pics inside the box? I would like to see the layout and how everything fits.

I'll post some inside box photos after a week, when I'll get some better bike parts and make upgrade for bike.

etard said:
Watch out, Stealth Bomber guys might come on here and say you copied their design! :roll:

Oh and Spin, wheelies on a bike are a good thing, flipping off the back with a slight touch of the throttle is a bad thing. :lol:

I think there is not much common in design with Stealth bomber, my frame is more like enduro motorbikes and DH bikes.

Microbatman said:
Great frame!!

Just what the hot rod and high powered ebike market needs as this is the weak link in the system.

Any plans to make this available as a kit?

Or alternative would be to SELL PLANS that we could take to local welding fab shop to have the frame made locally.
How hard would it be to make plans available for purchase that a fab welding shop could follow?

Would love that. I would buy plans at the right price. Dream come true.
Thank you for your all your contribution and sharing with us.

I think idea about plans is not good, it's so expensive to build just 1 frame, I think soon I'll offer frame for sale, I must get some answers about prices of frame parts manufacturers for more quantity, because that prototype I made is very expensive.

Linukas said:
sn0wchyld said:
whats the 'dry' weight of the bike? as in no batts,motor etc, just the bike as if you were going to ride it under pedal power alone? 9kg is heavy, but im guessing thats gonna be near impossible to break.

Sorry, I can weight it just after a week, I do not want to reasamble now, because I'm using it everyday. but acording my calculations it must weight ~20kg

ha no rush at all mate, dont want you to take it appart just for me... if it is ~ 20 then thats not too bad! same as what im starting with (norko aline)

Linukas said:
Microbatman said:
I must get some answers about prices of frame parts manufacturers for more quantity, because that prototype I made is very expensive.
Yes, maybe you can build these in quantity for sale? :mrgreen:

My main design concern is:

The width from left-to-right for the double-width frame and batteries may cause the knees or feet to flair outwards during pedal rotation??? Are you able to maintain a perfectly natural riding-pedaling position for the knees & feet when pedaling 360 degrees? :?:

OR...

Is the width for the pedals from the right to left outside edges the same distance as for a bicycle, or did you have to design the pedals to be further apart & wider to allow for frame/battery width clearance while pedaling too? :?:

deVries said:
Linukas said:
Microbatman said:
I must get some answers about prices of frame parts manufacturers for more quantity, because that prototype I made is very expensive.
Yes, maybe you can build these in quantity for sale? :mrgreen:

Yes, I'm now tolking with materials supplier for bigger guantity prices :)

deVries said:
My main design concern is:

The width from left-to-right for the double-width frame and batteries may cause the knees or feet to flair outwards during pedal rotation??? Are you able to maintain a perfectly natural riding-pedaling position for the knees & feet when pedaling 360 degrees? :?:

OR...

Is the width for the pedals from the right to left outside edges the same distance as for a bicycle, or did you have to design the pedals to be further apart & wider to allow for frame/battery width clearance while pedaling too? :?:

Pedals and BB axle is standard bicycle, just cranks must be for just 1 sprocket, I use nexus FC-NX75 KSS and 131mm lengh (if I correctly remember) standard BB axle. frame width is 125mm and pedaling is almost like the usual bike. I'm pedaling almost all time just for view, its funny when you go with trafic ~55km/h and pedaling with no noise equally with cars :)

--
Linas

Hi Linukas good find for me and to say you want to make some for sale ...wow great
HOW MUCH PLEASE

Just an rough estimate can you say that please and the shipping cost too to canada

also could we make small modification like the wheel i would like 26 inch at least
and a little more space for batteries too

Great design! I love it! How about hiding those wires inside one of the metal frame.

I suspect he is from eastern Europe somewhere and the cost plus shipping would be over $1K, are you guys prepared to pay that?

I know this is an old thread, but can the OP please explain how you were able to combine the swingarm and have it pivot at the point of the bottom bracket? Thank you.

thank you! but yes, i was talking with him about that frame, was curious as to wether he still has this one, its a tad different.

Back