DUAL E-MTB BUILD

Does anybody know how to take apart the TACON motors? I need to take mine apart and clean it I got little metal parts in there?

BShady said:
Does anybody know how to take apart the TACON motors? I need to take mine apart and clean it I got little metal parts in there?

Haven't found an easy way just yet. The magnets are pretty strong so you need to pull the motors out. The back end of the motor has set screws onto the motor shaft. Although, can't remember if I needed to take these out or not. Haven't done it in a while.

Anyone else know of an easy way to remove these?

I don't see any screws on the top just a c-clip. And I think there is 2 set screws on the broom but can't tell for sure.

What's te best way to take off the c-clips?

You can use C clip pliers which work the best.

electric_scooter_2009_-015-300x225.jpg

Check this page here --- > http://www.jeromedemers.com/blog/2009/07/inside-the-motor/

Ok so I got it apart and cleaned it out with a aircompresser. But when I put it back togather it was still scratchy as if there is still shards in there.

How do I clean it out completely?

I managed to get more of the metal shards out but not with grease with a screwdriver. I think the tip of the screw driver was magnetic and it was able to pick up the metal shards. The motor doesn't have anymore grinding noise or feeling but I feel like the magnets in the motor around as strong anymore. ( I'm comparing it to the other TACON motor I have that was totally fine)

Could this be bec of the magnetic riped screw driver touching the magnets in the motor?

I use at the moment WD40.
After everyday of running the Board i apply some WD40 on the turning sprockets and let it spin on slow speed for a minute.

Thanks for featuring me on me on this post, glad I can inspire you! Great work, keep posting, I am still learning as well.
I know your struggle of spending tons of money and getting a lot more headaches I am currently over a $1000 investment and still going. But things get easier as you learn.
my updated set up as is follows:
2 Hobbywing 150 Amp ECS's with the programmer.
2 190kv sk3 motors
2 5000 mah 6s 20c batteries by zippy,
quanum pistol controller,
and moved from 1/8 steel to 1/2 3D printed mounts.
Neither have worked well in the long run, but going to design a new set up and have them milled/CNC'd in aluminium or probably in Delrin plastic which is lighter and really durable.
Going to upgrade my trucks first and then design the new parts around them.

Hey guys back with another qu:

I want to make a 10s lipo set-up. Can I use 4s 5ah batteries and 6s 5ah batteries and run them in series to make 10s 5ah and charge them as 10s 5ah as well?

This is appose to buying 2x 5s 5ah batteries and running them in series?

Thanks

You could but you would need a 10S charger and you would need to wire a 10S balance plug.

The reason why people go (2) 5S is that can use a standard 6S charger and charge in parallel 5s.

Depends how you plan on charging. If it's typical lipo way then it's more difficult and you are better off with (2) 5S for the simpleness.

If you are wiring a BMS then it's fine since you'll break those packs apart and wire each cell with a balance plug.

3rd Option is to charge them completely separate but connect in series when discharging.

torqueboards said:
You could but you would need a 10S charger and you would need to wire a 10S balance plug.

The reason why people go (2) 5S is that can use a standard 6S charger and charge in parallel 5s.

Depends how you plan on charging. If it's typical lipo way then it's more difficult and you are better off with (2) 5S for the simpleness.

If you are wiring a BMS then it's fine since you'll break those packs apart and wire each cell with a balance plug.

3rd Option is to charge them completely separate but connect in series when discharging.

Ya I'm planning on doing option 2. We spoke about this on another topic thread. Instead of buying a 10s charger (a lot of money) I'm going to buy a BMS ($35) and just use the BMS to charge the batteries NOT to discharge. (the BMS will also be built into the board so it will be almost like a "plug and charge" style charger.)

A weird thing happened to me this past Thursdays and Friday. I was riding for about 4 miles non-stop and all the sudden the ESC shut down momentarily? It was like the LVC kicked in but I checked the batteries right when it happened and they where all at 3.77per cell. After that I continued riding and if I tried to hit over 12mph the same thing would happen again and again. I went for another ride on Friday and the same thing happened about 4miles in. Anybody know why this is happening?

On Thursday is started to drizzling but I had "somewhat" of a cover for the ESC. Could it be the water damaged the ESC?

I know I have one cell that is weaker than the rest as I see this when I charge. But I checked the voltage of that cell right after and it was ok

BShady said:
I know I have one cell that is weaker than the rest as I see this when I charge. But I checked the voltage of that cell right after and it was ok

What ESC do you have? If you have a Flier/Alien ESC the quality is a bit all over the place. I'll have some that work great for a long time and then some that just don't work that great and/or die pretty early on. It's pretty damn annoying if you ask me.

Normally, unless it's in a ton of water it shouldn't get messed up. I ride in rain too and it's pretty fine.

torqueboards said:
BShady said:

What ESC do you have? If you have a Flier/Alien ESC the quality is a bit all over the place. I'll have some that work great for a long time and then some that just don't work that great and/or die pretty early on. It's pretty damn annoying if you ask me.

Normally, unless it's in a ton of water it shouldn't get messed up. I ride in rain too and it's pretty fine.

Ya it's the flier 8s 120amp dual ESC. It's mad annoying! :x
I feel like everything is just braking on my board. I fix the motor the ESC and battery act up! :?

I shut off the LVC and will see what happens.

Back