• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Dyno Von Franco Electric build. Looking for ideas!

Danschutz

10 W
Wyoming. We have at least 6 months of winter follo
Ive got this Dyno GT Von Franco that was destined to be a donor bike for a hot rodded 2 stroke however I think it would make a better Electric bike. If your not familiar with these bikes the frame behind the seat post is stretched a couple inches and the frame is very rigid so much that without a suspension front fork at 30mph it will rattle your teeth lol.

Id like to put a suspension front fork on it perhaps if the price is right a triple tree or double crown suspension fork. The fax tank is two sided, hollow and made of some type of plastic perhaps suitable to hide some wiring? The current handlebars are off and replaced with some new bars off a 450 motocross bike. I do have the fenders and the chain guard that I could put back on. I was thinking rear DD something wound for speed, hoping to keep the battery around 48V with an output of up to 40amps.

So if this was your build what ideas would you throw at it?

Dan L.

Lebowski said:
To accentuate the stretched look, I would use a leading link type front suspension fork...

Im slow Lebowski lol, would that be a Springer style? Not sure what a leading link fork is. Ok I googled it lol. Maybe something like a Monarch springer fork?

022.233183638_std.JPG

Back