E-GO by Yuneec Internationl

they announced a name change,
its now E-Go

https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-GO/617346228286183
www.E-GO.com

I hope you have noticed the name change. We have secured the domain name www.E-GO.com and the E-BOARDS Cruiser will now be known as the E-GO Cruiser EB.

Because we are designing and developing a range of Personal Electric Transporters (PETS) we felt that E-BOARDS brand name was too restrictive and hence the name change. The good news is that here will be plenty of PETS products within the E-GO Ground Division from Yuneec International.

I have to be honest, I feel a little bad about my last post. I did an unofficial speed test on my board and 13 MPH is a pretty decent cruising speed. Particularly after my accident anything more seems unnecessary (for me, at least). Im still curious about the range claims, but if they are even close to what they are advertising, this board will be a very attractive offering. Im really leaning toward buying one of these when they are released.

I see they are only about 45 min away from the hotel I usually stay at in Suzhou. I wonder if they would let me come see the factory / design studio next time Im out there.

Don't feel bad 13 mph kinda sucks. Sometimes I average 13 mph on long rides. Besides I always want my board to go a little faster than I'm willing to go. It keeps a bit of adventure and mystery going.

I think they just ruined it on the price. The speed was a whole other issue. If it only went 13mph but cost $300 I would be fine with that. Then have a model that goes 20mph and costs $500. A 200lb person needs a bit more power than the 10 yr old kid anyway. I still hate that you can buy all the parts separately for less than a whole production unit. I don't know of any other product that is priced this way. That is what mass production is all about. What happened to economies of scale? I thought that e-boards or E-go would be the first to do it. Oh well...

Cool! I remember some of the streets from when I was there! ^^

Fact: More people live in the city of Shanghai than in the whole of Belgium!

Greetings

I hope you have seen http://www.youtube.com/yuneeceproducts and http://www.facebook.com/YuneeEGO

This is a brief update on the E-GO Cruiser which as you may know, started off as E-Boards. Because Yuneec is now working on several Personal Electric Transporters and some do not resemble a 'board' we changed the product brand to E-GO and E-GO.com is the domain. The E-GO Cruiser has now had thousands of test hours and the production lines are tooling up ready for mass production. Final pricing and the final specifications are being saved for the official launch at CES 2014 in Las Vegas on 7-10 January 2014 where Yuneec has a 1000 square feet trade stand. We hope you will be able to join us and rest assured, we shall communicate to everyone who is signed up to the E-GO Newsletter at http://www.E-GO.com

E-GO's are coming ...... the Cruiser is just awesome, a sensible speed with plenty of range, super light weight and robust and reliable with a price we know you will approve of. It takes time to bring a great product to market and we thank you sk8norcal, whilechukwuzout, Vapology and dikdiggler for keeping your beady eye on us..... the waiting is nearly over, get ready for the user reviews......

So of all the combinations of control, range, speed, and overall design, I have been most hopeful about the Yuneec longboard since stumbling upon the original thread last year. For those not in the know the general specs are something like this (and correct me if Im wrong)

-20-25 Mile Range
-2000mAh battery (chemistry not confirmed)
-Remote fob style controller with a thumb slider
-13 MPH top speed.

The main points of contention from before seemed to be mostly the top speed. Admittedly, once you get more comfortable with a longboard, I would say the average rider could probably handle somewhere between 15-20mph (about the average burst running speed for most people). That being said, I believe the last time I saw the specs they were not finalized, so things may change.

Anyway, the Yuneec e-go website has once more been updated, this time with a definite launch date it seems. It appears as though they will be unveiling their finished product to the public at the first day of CES, on January 7th. Hopefully they will also be offered for sale as of that date, as I have been considering buying a complete board lately.

Here is the link to their page, although at the moment there isnt really any information to be found http://www.e-go.com

20-25 mile range with a 2000mah battery? How is that even possible? 15-20mph for I'd say 70-85% perfect of eboard riders. I personally don't go higher than 20-25mph. Fastest I would say is about 18mph too many potholes and harder to stop. Distance to stop is a much slower can't stop on a dime going above 18mph. However, 13mph is a bit slower I agree.

Definitely a nice build though. How much are they selling for?

I think if they got it w/ option to change batteries from off the shelf rc batteries and hit 20-23mph. I think it would be a great buy. I'd prefer if most of the current builds have swappable batteries. I also like the new evolve carbon series which is too expensive but neat idea.

They say the evolve doesn't have much hill climbing ability. I'm not sure about the yuneec or the evolve carbon series tho.

The yuneec promo video shows some riders going up what seem to be fairly moderate hills. The only board that really claims to be able to handle any hill you throw at it is the z-board San Francisco special, and possibly boosted as well, as all of its testing is done in SF.

Boosted frustrates me. I would buy one in a heartbeat save for the fact that at this point Im pretty sure they will never actually be offered for sale, and the range sucks (less than or equal to about 6 miles). I think if they did any level of market research they would know that people expect about 10 mi, and probably would prefer 15, particularly at the price they are talking about.

The zboard is a monster. Way too big for my taste. Loved the boosted, that how I got the idea to build my own (theirs was too expensive for not a lot of range). I agree they are frustrating but to be fair, it takes a lot of time to perfect a product and bring it to market. I don't like the bulk of the new battery tho. The whole reason I liked that board was because of how stealth it looked. The original product didnt look electric. My next build will either be a mountain board or a direct copy of the original boosted set up ( with longer range of course)

There's quite a lot of people that are interested and want to buy a boosted board. They are missing out on a lot of business by not having them in-stock. I've seen a few of the evolve and am pretty sure most of these boards can climb about 15-20% degree hills easily. 25% a bit harder. There's although not as many hills that high in most places.

I actually do like Evolve's carbon fiber setup except it's pricey at $1,500. If they brought it down to $700 it would be a way better price point. However, they might lose out on more profits. I've seen the Zboard a lot around here in SF. However, I don't like it at all since it has the foot pedals and it's pretty heavy and bulky. However, I was introduced to making my own through watching Zboard on kickstarter and then seeing the boosted which really motivated me to make my own.

Most of these motors are pretty powerful. (2) 50mm motors on 6S should power up onto 25-27% hills for a 170lb person or so (I would think). 15% is their "ideal range" for a person who weighs 200+lbs (I would assume). I was riding my board which is (2) 6374mm on 10S and it would climb 30-38% hills but dropping down to 6S brings it to about 25-27% I think. Going down hill with those steep hills is another story however. I weigh about 175lbs.

The thing I noticed is all of the "manufactured eboards" also use 15mm width HTD 5mm pitch. Must be much better for durability wise since they are selling it as a whole rather than 9mm width belts.

With all that said, I'm interested in making a (2) 42mm(5S) or (2) 50mm(6S) setup that is very lightweight with swappable 6S batteries. I'm opting for the 6S as you can easily have (2) 3S batteries in series.

I have the duel RWD 42mm motors and I noticed a lot of resistance when trying to kick push. Some one else on here said the smaller motors have that tendency. I don't know how boosted was advertising smooth kick pushing. I'm pretty sure they run 42 mm as well. Right now I only run 5s 5000mah due to miscommunication but I will hopefully be going up to 7s. I suspect 7s will give me significantly more power. Easy bat swapping and on board charging would be amazing as well.

Nikimce, going with a 6s setup will give you the best combination of voltage and charging options. If you are looking for on-board charging, there is a chinese company called Founding Power that makes a BMS capable of handling 100+Amps. Its a little pricey, but it seems to be the way to go if you want integrated charging and balancing.

Do you have a build thread? Im curious to see the dual 42mm setup.

On a different note:

Torqueboards, Ive been following your work on motor mounts- Impressive stuff. I like the idea of a one piece bracket, where you just move the motor to adjust tension, rather than a two piece bracket. Have you considered developing a bracket that can be bolted on to the caliber trucks?

Wow I'll have to loom into that. Thanks. I do have a build thread but I Havent updated it in a while because I only got a couple test runs in before the crazy Canadian winter set in. I'm still working on my battery box. Have had a few problems with that. Also have to resolder something's . I'll update as soon as I finish everything.

whilechukwuzout said:
Nikimce, going with a 6s setup will give you the best combination of voltage and charging options. If you are looking for on-board charging, there is a chinese company called Founding Power that makes a BMS capable of handling 100+Amps. Its a little pricey, but it seems to be the way to go if you want integrated charging and balancing.

Do you have a build thread? Im curious to see the dual 42mm setup.

On a different note:

Torqueboards, Ive been following your work on motor mounts- Impressive stuff. I like the idea of a one piece bracket, where you just move the motor to adjust tension, rather than a two piece bracket. Have you considered developing a bracket that can be bolted on to the caliber trucks?

6S will def give a bit more power. Nice BMS Do they have one with 6S? I'd like to incorporate my own BMS as well but don't want to deal with learning how to do it from scratch. Not enough time in the day.

As for the mount/off topic;
I was going to go with making a Caliber mount. However, I ended up sticking with the motor mount as it is much more durable. Less fidgeting around with bolts and screws. The price difference to make a Caliber mount was also a higher than the welded option which is cheaper/durable. IMO for me, it made no sense to continue with the caliber mount. I would of liked to do it and have a setup but would of been just to do it. In the end, a waste of money for no real benefit but bragging rights. LOL :)

If I got enough orders to pay for the minimum order I would do it. As I would like to still test to see if it can deal w/ the abuse of rough riding. If people were interested in a group buy, I'd do it.

Back