E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

coyboyduk said:
hello,
I have a 30mm motor with the nuc controller,
would like to have more torque,
replace with the 40mm?
are there better options?
or does the 60mm motor of the 161 also fit on the 64?

I was told by Adam, that this has no extra torque, but is just better in the heat distribution due to the bigger rotor.
The 60mm motor he also said does not fit in the 64. If you want more torque play with the settings (get a bigger battery). I‘m now up to 60amps on the max and no longer 50amps. I am not sure how far we can go? Not sure if the battery setting have to be change or only the max output. There are a couple of places where the setting have a difference. That‘s why I‘m asking about the cells. I read that we could have up to 5x20amps available but only for a short time,(5 secs) I am still learning. They say the cell temp should never go over 60degrees, but how can we measure or monitor this? My riding style in not continuously up-hill but burst of power and then rolling with less power.

I can boost the battery to 60 amps no problem,
but can the motor handle this?
and are there other manufacturers that offer better performing motors that i can fit?
just need more torque, no speed :D

I changed my config again yesterday and took it for another run this morning. I up-graded the firmware a couple of weeks ago

Changed the Mode 3 to 60 amps, changed the boost from 25 to 30amps and changed the throttle curve to start earlier I found that the top speed didn‘t change only the Torque and it made quite a difference. Ran a full 25km‘s. The Motor (I think) can easily take this and a lot more. CD was running the 30mm with 5.5kw a few posts ago.
Before when I would accelerate I would have to help (a little) the front wheel to lift. Now I only have to open the throttle. I’m sure they is even more to be had. The battery didn‘t get any warmer than it was usually. Now at 800km with the HL belt and adding more power all the time. In mode 1,2,3 there is a new field (power) anyone know what this does. It‘s at 0.0kw (I think you can set a power limit) and I found that the acceleration rate which was max 5000, can now be as high as 10000 and more, but I didn‘t think it did anything.

Hey guys, my LMX 64 shuts off wuite frequently mid ride, anyone may know why? I also can't switch down modes anymore...

Sooo.. I just bent my brand new Miranda 160mm krank arms in a small crash. The right one bent the most with almost 1cm inwards, but you notice bent crankarms very whell when pedaling.
I still have my original 170mm cranks, but i'm looking for some new ones.
I found these, but they seems hard to find in europe: https://samox.com/product/e3-sh-jis/
Any other recommendations?

I also experienced my first belt skipping during some muddy conditions in mode 3.. Not a very pleasant feeling!! (carbon volt)

jimmywazer said:
Hey guys, my LMX 64 shuts off wuite frequently mid ride, anyone may know why? I also can't switch down modes anymore...

What controller?

jimmywazer said:

I've had this happen before with the Nucular controller. It happens when you ask for too much power.
I'm not sure which parameter it is. I noticed this when I was running with about 300watts left in the battery, but I was pulling everything out of the battery. When I re-booted and changed to mode 1 or 2, I was able to drain the rest of the battery to get home. If I used mode 3 again it would shut down. I'm sure this is a safety feature in the controller.

Nucular have up-dated their website with some great details of the controller.
https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:controller:setup

jimmywazer said:

I had something similar where throttle and PAS would cut out several times during a ride with my early model Silixcon controllered bike. I would have to power off and on again each time to reset.

Adam sent a writing diagram with some additional resistors and writing changes. It helped reduce the number of power cuts to maybe one per ride.

Ultimately I ditched the PAS bottom bracket all together because I didn't like the way it delivered power and restricted throttle override to whatever the power limit of the PAS was set to. I haven't had any power cuts during rides since ditching the torque sensor bottom bracket.

jimmywazer said:

Hi. Did you check small connector inside of display? Sometimes when pulling cables they might get loose. Please push all connectors once more..

@CD I totally agree.. with even a short time slot available, you can still have a decent ride with a lot of fun!

After yesterdays ride i noticed my 64 started pushing me without me pedaling or using the throttle. Even pedaling backwards triggered the motor, so i guess the torque sensing bottom bracket is at fault. Did anybody else experience this?

After my belt drive upgrade this summer, my fourth ride was in wet muddy conditions and i noticed some belt slipping on my brand new carbon volt belt. Yesterday on my fifth ride, it was completely dry, but i still had slipping issues even in mode 3. I'm really disappointed about this as i have to ride gentle not to ruin the belt.. I'm running the stock 14t sprocket, but i have the 15t sprocket from CD that is tempting to try, but i do a lot of climbing and need that higher reduction ratio... Maybe i should increase belt tension or clean the belt in some way? Any suggestions?

TorEddy said:
@CD I totally agree.. with even a short time slot available, you can still have a decent ride with a lot of fun!

After yesterdays ride i noticed my 64 started pushing me without me pedaling or using the throttle. Even pedaling backwards triggered the motor, so i guess the torque sensing bottom bracket is at fault. Did anybody else experience this?

After my belt drive upgrade this summer, my fourth ride was in wet muddy conditions and i noticed some belt slipping on my brand new carbon volt belt. Yesterday on my fifth ride, it was completely dry, but i still had slipping issues even in mode 3. I'm really disappointed about this as i have to ride gentle not to ruin the belt.. I'm running the stock 14t sprocket, but i have the 15t sprocket from CD that is tempting to try, but i do a lot of climbing and need that higher reduction ratio... Maybe i should increase belt tension or clean the belt in some way? Any suggestions?
Yes, I have the same ghost throttle issue as you. I think it's related to my throttle though, but haven't quite figured it out yet. What makes you think it's the bottom bracket as opposed to the throttle?

I would suggest trying the 15T sprocket also. I could not notice a difference in hill climbing ability with the 15T vs the 14T and I tackle some pretty steep tracks that can stall anything.

Cheers

TorEddy said:
Maybe i should increase belt tension or clean the belt in some way? Any suggestions?

I would definitely try increasing the belt tension as it is the core of the issue on full suspension bikes.

The easiest way to test is double up the spring with a similar one.
Then if that fixes it, you can hunt for a stronger single spring.

The secondary factor of course is a matching profile between the belt teeth and the sprocket teeth, but if your sprocket does not match the belt profile, it is an expensive proposition to make custom one off sprockets ...

@CD when i set the silixcon i mode 5 (throttle only) the problem goes away.. and back pedaling also triggered the motor.

I got reply from LMX today..

There is a problem with the pedal torque sensor, we'll send you a new one tomorrow.
Regarding your belt problems :
- we'll send you a new different spring for tensioning roller
- don't hesitate to put teflon grease on the rear belt pulley from time to time.

The LMX customer service is :bigthumb:

@scrambler
I'm sure the rear sprocket and carbon volt belt has a matching profile as Adam sent me a new V2 of the rear sprocket for free.
Regarding the 15t front sprocket, I'm not so sure it matches, but one extra tooth goes a long way in such a small sprocket.

TorEddy said:
@scrambler
I'm sure the rear sprocket and carbon volt belt has a matching profile as Adam sent me a new V2 of the rear sprocket for free.
Regarding the 15t front sprocket, I'm not so sure it matches, but one extra tooth goes a long way in such a small sprocket.

Good to see LMX being responsive :)

For the front (and rear) sprocket, it should be visually easy to see if the profiles matches reasonably well.

Keep us posted :)

Cowardlyduck said:
Love how I can jump on this thing and blast up a mountain in no time and at any time!

Whole heartedly agree with you CD, I use to ride dirt bikes and by the time I got the bike out to the mountains, did a few hours of riding, came back and washed and maintained the bike the whole day was shot.

In contrast I can pop out for a quick blast on the LMX, park it and forget it 'til the next time the urge to go for a quick blast strikes. Awesome bike! :bigthumb:

Hi. If someone needs Gates carbon belts i have 2 to sell.
Those are brand new. 12mm wide and cut from 36mm belt in Italy at manufacturer.
Price 150€.
02C2DFA7-8474-487F-8DE0-9659AE7E4023.jpeg

Sometimes I am missing a 'walk-mode' on my LMX64..
When it's to steep to ride a bike and you have to walk, I find using the throttle to push the bike is not ideal.
If mode-1 was configured for very low power and top speed, maybe that could work..

Did anybody try to have a 'walk-mode' on their 64?

Has there been any progress with removing the sound when changing power levels, doing power on and off?
I'd really like to get rid of that.

I just received a package from LMX with a new stronger belt tensioner spring and a new double flanged belt roller (compared to the old one with flange on one side only). A new bottom bracket at 50% discount as the old one had a production issue. And two new Miranda crank arms as the old Mirandas bent quite easily..

I guess i need to take out the motor again to replace the bottom bracket :(

AM-JKLWjMfmDRg2uf5s4RSB8kL610PubaS72Ve4gqN-jH4PUrUnsAgkQ0L_vx2v2Jkehf_tRAt_VvE4edonnp86p2OqiqkxNNnW_3clrx-CwvIqwV7VAwZgt6RU2_Fmh9LpGEe0x9mAVAMwkn4Bv30qrUhloMQ=w3170-h1783-no

I have some intermittent issues with power delivery, but it's not easily reproducable.

@Tor, if you replace your crank, will you be so kind and document the steps needed? I never removed it and would appreciate it if need to do the same.

:bigthumb:

Time for a fresh rim on the back of my LMX. The stock Halo rim had a couple big dings from hitting square edges and rocks, and a broken spoke and some loose spokes so thought I'd lace up a the new rim I'd bought a couple months ago from one of my favourite online stores Bike24. I went with a Newmen E.G.35 which looks like a solid replacement for the Halo. The ERD is even quite similar, so if you choose to use the standard spokes a re-lace would be quite straight forward,. I went with a fresh set of SAPIM Strong spokes.

I recommend having a 3 jaw puller on hand to remove the sprag clutch assembly to get access to the right side spoke flange, but other than that it's fairly standard tools for a wheel lace job.

IMG_20210918_140633_copy_528x1152.jpgIMG_20210918_141456_copy_528x1152.jpgIMG_20210921_133414_copy_1152x528.jpg

Back