E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Merlin said:
yah its crazy loud and embarrassing :lol:

if you send me your config i can change to less noise or even no noise :p

I have the programming tool and programming cable and I'd like to do some other changes while I'm in there like adjusting max speed for some of the power modes. If you could describe where I find the settings, please let me know and I'll give it a go.

briangv99 said:
Rix said:
briangv99 said:
Thanks Rix,

quite a compliment from the master of re-lacing wheels :D

Don't know about that, but your wheel looks legit :bigthumb:

Well yeah, was thinking about all those 18" and 19" stealth moto/hub motor wheel builds you were a pioneer of. Guess this wheel is just a bit different :D
I did have quite a few of those :confused:

Cowardlyduck said:
Few shots from a recent ride...

Aaaaand then this happened...

Down to my last rubber (spare) belt now...gotta get the carbon one working.

Cheers

Did you change it out on the trail? or just click into low and pedal it home CD?

briangv99 said:
Did you change it out on the trail? or just click into low and pedal it home CD?
Nah, was thankfully very close to home when it occurred and just pedalled home.

Still waiting on LMX to sort something out, but unlike you Brian I'm just gonna get a whole new rear wheel like I was thinking. I need the larger rear sprocket in order to run the carbon belt anyway so it kinda makes sense, and I will get the 40mm motor as well while I'm at it.
Just sounds like LMX is flat out atm so still waiting on them to sort me out with something.

Cheers

hello, problems with my 30mm motor, hall sensors broken, does anyone know where i can buy these? they can't be found at lmx anymore

coyboyduk said:
hello, problems with my 30mm motor, hall sensors broken, does anyone know where i can buy these? they can't be found at lmx anymore

Yeah, there are a lot of things not in the store anymore, which is a pain. Maybe try emailing them. They may be busy but they should get back to within a few days.

Maybe they are busy with this:
AM-JKLUUOQwBfv1X1T1kO9asvncEzmO_yoqt8fhe6yP8nXOo07nZZyajmCRLsEctBIDhWhmyrfDtFa3G8nWGfnAplEmUC_8kyLJcmcC3pZ8fztJIytZD_FBre6UHLCyuF1IGmecOJwTZE-Vhr1K5s1n2z-df_A=w1080-h823-no

TorEddy said:
Maybe they are busy with this:
AM-JKLUUOQwBfv1X1T1kO9asvncEzmO_yoqt8fhe6yP8nXOo07nZZyajmCRLsEctBIDhWhmyrfDtFa3G8nWGfnAplEmUC_8kyLJcmcC3pZ8fztJIytZD_FBre6UHLCyuF1IGmecOJwTZE-Vhr1K5s1n2z-df_A=w1080-h823-no

Wow that looks interesting Eddy, is there any more information that goes with that teaser pic?

I'm guessing maybe a planetary gearbox and a larger #219 primary sprocket to keep noise levels down. Integrated battery in downtube too.

scrambler said:
briangv99 said:
I'm guessing maybe a planetary gearbox...

Given the lower angle of the pedaling chain, it looks like a derailleur.

But I share your wish :)

I was actually thinking planetary gearbox on the motor left hand drive side, just like your Boxxbike. I'm thinking primary reduction removes the need for a tiny 12t primary sprocket on the LMX64. Should make using chain drive not so noisy, but with more strength than a belt.

briangv99 said:
I was actually thinking planetary gearbox on the motor left hand drive side, just like your Boxxbike.

I don't believe there is a planetary gearbox on the Boxxbike, it looks like just the motor directly onto a very small sprocket.

But it is quite silent on the Boxxbike, may be because of the simplified chain path with the swingarm axis being the motor axis.

that's impressive motor to deliver 14kW on a single stage reduction :shock:

Off topic for LMX, but can I ask how many teeth on the primary and secondary sprockets for the Boxxbike?

30mm vs 40mm motor? Does anyone know of a difference between a 30mm and a 40mm motor? related to the settings of the Nucular controller. poles, angle etc. because I have now replaced it, and it stutters i certain rpm?? then let the controller detect automatically, but no improvement. setting is 4pole pair and angle of 10°. or is this related to something else?

coyboyduk said:
30mm vs 40mm motor? Does anyone know of a difference between a 30mm and a 40mm motor? related to the settings of the Nucular controller. poles, angle etc. because I have now replaced it, and it stutters i certain rpm?? then let the controller detect automatically, but no improvement. setting is 4pole pair and angle of 10°. or is this related to something else?

I think they are referring to the width of the stator and generally if all other things are equal, the wider stator produces more thrust given same volts/amps input.

ok, i knew that, but is there no other difference? and are the 4 poles 10° correct? why does it stutter at certain rpm? does anyone have a solution?

TorEddy said:
Looks like its made to house a Bafang Ultra, but they chose another motor..

I thought the same thing, not a big fan of that gap in between, maybe they cover it up somehow for the final version, or modify the frame slightly for a tight fit? It's gonna be interesting to see how this bike differs from ours.

Here's some more info on the LMX56:

A concentrate of integration and technology

Available now for pre-order (200 €)
Planned delivery: summer 2022 for the unapproved offroad version

A new optimized engine block
More torque thanks to a helical gear reducer
Integrated torque sensor and controller
Integration: optimized sealing
200 N.m torque at the wheel
2500 W peak

An integrated chassis
Progressive rear suspension (with links)
160 mm front / rear travel
Integrated battery, removable without tools
Improvements to the lateral stiffness of the chassis
Wheel configuration in 27.5 + "- 2.8 at the rear and 29" -2.6 at the front, for an even more trial-style geometry

An innovative rear hub
BOOST 157 mm
Reinforced freewheel
Battery performance optimization
A first 900 Wh High Power version will be available in summer 2022
A second 1 kWh version will be offered later in High Energy on future orders
52 V
Custom-made and removable

coyboyduk said:
ok, i knew that, but is there no other difference? and are the 4 poles 10° correct? why does it stutter at certain rpm? does anyone have a solution?

I think there are quite a few LMX Nucular controller owners that have had issues getting there motor to work smoothly.

Don't know if DanGT86 had any success, but he was speculating that getting clean hall signals might have been part of the problem. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=109372&p=1600715#p1600715

Does the same stuttering issue happen if you change the control mode from FOC to Sine or Trapezoidal?

Back