E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Some pics for you.
Im trying to get vertical on the fighter.
I need stronger brakes.

11334198_940908432597394_4270064724524408037_o.jpg

11357242_1454365994877188_6787657641254445657_o.jpg

Ariderslife said:
I think you succeeded!
Nice work, the only way you'll get more vertical than that will require zero gravity!
I involuntarily tried it 10 months ago, my coccyx still hasn't healed properly... :|

Hyena said:
Yeah something is fishy. I thought it was a 5404 too the way it was topping out, but still too slow to accelerate.
I just checked all the menus, slow start is definitely off and power is set at 5200w with peak power recorded power showing over 6000w.
The wavering sluggishness it has makes me think it's almost certainly the DC1 at fault.
Ah well, best take the shotgun approach - new adaptto max e, high speed cro in a 19" moto rim and 25ah high current li-ion battery :twisted:

That's what i'm talking about Jay, nothing like a little Hyena intervention to solve an acceleration and velocity issue. :twisted: :twisted:

A-Rider, very nice wheelie indeed, that's definitely vertical. :mrgreen:

Hyena said:
Ariderslife said:
I think you succeeded!
Nice work, the only way you'll get more vertical than that will require zero gravity!
I involuntarily tried it 10 months ago, my coccyx still hasn't healed properly... :|
Sounds painful.

Ahoy there stealth owners. I have a request. I apologize if this has been covered in one the many pages of this monumental thread. I would like to know what your favorite street and offroad Bicycle Tires are please? I want to know which are the best tires for max power. Hyena your opinion would be appreciated if you are not away for the long weekend. Even better if you know where to get them in Oz!

rhinejuice said:
Ahoy there stealth owners. I have a request. I apologize if this has been covered in one the many pages of this monumental thread. I would like to know what your favorite street and offroad Bicycle Tires are please? I want to know which are the best tires for max power. Hyena your opinion would be appreciated if you are not away for the long weekend. Even better if you know where to get them in Oz!

You said it Rhine, there has been some very detailed discussions on which tires/tyres to run on our machines, over the previous 400 pages. CD pointed you to the best off road MTB tire, the Duro Razorback 24x3.00, which is also the Halo Contra, and Duro Wildlife Leopard. I think the only difference is that the Razorbacks have a harder rubber compound then the Leopards, and I have been told my a few folks that the Leopards feel the same as the Contras. Every once in a while, I come across a vendor that has the Razorbacks in stock, I usually buy 10 at a time. I am getting low, as I am down to my last 3 now. I have ran the Felt Bicycle 24x3 Bermaster, its an okay to decent tire offroad, except muddy and loomy conditions, CD has reported that these tires absolutely suck on wet pavement. Not an issue for me as I only get 4 inches of rain fall a year where I live. Anyway, because of the limited selection of MTB tires in the 24" range, I run light moto rims and tires on the back of all my ebikes. I will continue to do this.

The other Friday I had my first bad day with the bomber. I was riding along an off road straight trail 16Km far away from home when the rear inner tube exploded. I pushed the bike for 5km in a sunny day with 30°C before my wife had recovered me by car. :twisted:
The Halo Contra 24X3 I ordered from allterraincycles.co.uk seems to take for ever to arrive so today I ordered a pair of BERM MASTER BRICK 24 X 3.0 here: http://www.classic-cycle.de/en/Tires-Tubes-Parts/Berm-Master-Brick-24-x-3-0-pure-black.html

Rix could show me what you are carrying with you in your backpack to repair the Bomber while you are far away from home?

I've sent an e-mail at Stealth Bike Australia for the tyres at the address sales@stealthelectricbikes.com.au without any reply. Now I'm looking for a replacement pedal crank set for the V-BOXX too, could someone tell me an e-mail to get in touch with Stealth company :?:

Oh man, I did a few pushes after a tube explosion, longest walk with the bomber was 7km during 35C haha. It is good to have ECO mode on the MAX controller during this stage.
Because you can easily control the bike during an offroad walk. Just twist the throttle and the bike rolls along with you, the only thing you need to do is steer. This would be very hard on a stock controller as the throttle is very sensitive.

Rix, will you use 24" front /18/19 moto on the back with your FLUX?

Ariderslife; I wish I could learn pop the wheelies like you do.

In the mean time I bought a very cheap mountain bike tyre 24X1.95 at a local bike shop and fitted to the rear wheel. Have you ever seen a Bomber with a so small rear tyre?
20150607_211532_1.jpg

Allex said:
Ariderslife; I wish I could learn pop the wheelies like you do.

Thanks man. Its all Practise.
The way that worked for me was a old MTB and just learning to use that rear brake. I reckon about hours of solid practise time and i was able to be confident enough to use the rear brake to save myself.
from that i just had to learn how to use the E-bike throttle.

bigbore said:
I've sent an e-mail at Stealth Bike Australia for the tyres at the address sales@stealthelectricbikes.com.au without any reply. Now I'm looking for a replacement pedal crank set for the V-BOXX too, could someone tell me an e-mail to get in touch with Stealth company :?:

Stealth Technical Support joe@stealthelectricbikes.com.au

bigbore said:
The other Friday I had my first bad day with the bomber. I was riding along an off road straight trail 16Km far away from home when the rear inner tube exploded. I pushed the bike for 5km in a sunny day with 30°C before my wife had recovered me by car. :twisted:
The Halo Contra 24X3 I ordered from allterraincycles.co.uk seems to take for ever to arrive so today I ordered a pair of BERM MASTER BRICK 24 X 3.0 here: http://www.classic-cycle.de/en/Tires-Tubes-Parts/Berm-Master-Brick-24-x-3-0-pure-black.html

Rix could show me what you are carrying with you in your backpack to repair the Bomber while you are far away from home?

Simone, Io usato questo chiavi. My dad and both carry these. The problem is, I am only set up to change the front tire on the trail, since I dad and I both run motorcycle rims and tires conversions on the rear, we don't flat them, been running rear mc tires for 3 years now and only had one flat. That's was from a screw, and it was a slow leak so I made it home. .

Attachments

• Patch kit.jpg
    Patch kit.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,522
Just to show that these bikes can cope with a bit of mud ;)

11147071_912241218843541_4088653108373293164_n.jpg

And this is one idea for the leaking key issue, its an ATV key cover, available anywhere.

11390224_912241282176868_5378147178038205167_n.jpg

Rix I also use the C02 canisters. I carry about 6 normally. Haven't had a flat in ages as I run high pressure in the rear on my DMR and the double tube wrap seems to protect the lower pressure Duro's.
When I do get a flat, it alway's seems to be far away from home. That's where the multiple C02 canisters come in. I dump one into the tire, then go as fast as possible before it's flat again. Repeat until home. ;)

Cheers

rhinejuice said:
Ahoy there stealth owners. I have a request. I apologize if this has been covered in one the many pages of this monumental thread. I would like to know what your favorite street and offroad Bicycle Tires are please? I want to know which are the best tires for max power. Hyena your opinion would be appreciated if you are not away for the long weekend.
As others have said, the original razorback and other branded clones are the way to go for offroading and I like the crazy bobs for onroad use. Not surprisingly these are the 2 tyres offered by stealth. I've tried an assortment of others but wasnt huge impressed so come back to these 2.
There's not a huge supply in Oz other than what CD posted but you can get them from places like chain reaction fairly cheaply and quickly (thought they're out of stock at the moment!) Grab 3 and get free shipping.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/halo-contra-24in-tyre/rp-prod12381

Or give the holy rollers a crack, not quite as wide but they're a good all rounder
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/maxxis-holy-roller-mtb-tyre/rp-prod78370

StealthUK said:
Just to show that these bikes can cope with a bit of mud ;)

11147071_912241218843541_4088653108373293164_n.jpg

And this is one idea for the leaking key issue, its an ATV key cover, available anywhere.

11390224_912241282176868_5378147178038205167_n.jpg

Damn, that's some mud for sure, I haven't ever ridden in that. For me its all sand and dust.

Cowardlyduck said:
Rix I also use the C02 canisters. I carry about 6 normally. Haven't had a flat in ages as I run high pressure in the rear on my DMR and the double tube wrap seems to protect the lower pressure Duro's.
When I do get a flat, it alway's seems to be far away from home. That's where the multiple C02 canisters come in. I dump one into the tire, then go as fast as possible before it's flat again. Repeat until home. ;)

Cheers

That'll work, inflate, ride like hell, repeat. Still crackin up on that. :lol: In the end, its what ever works.

As many of you have converted to lipo batteries . For bulk charging do you purchase a charger with an adjustable voltage pot & then charge all cells at once to your set voltage ? And every 10th or so charge then balance each battery individually ?

Cowardlyduck said:
Brute said:
As many of you have converted to lipo batteries . For bulk charging do you purchase a charger with an adjustable voltage pot & then charge all cells at once to your set voltage ? And every 10th or so charge then balance each battery individually ?
Pretty much. :)

Cheers
Thank you . Can you recommend a charger, or where to buy a charger from ?

Brute said:
Yes, although how I've done it over the years is:
check the balance every few times for the first dozen or so cycles
then check every say 10 cycles.
then check once a month or however often depending on how much you ride/charge.
If you've got a crook cell it usually shows up pretty early, otherwise I've found you can bulk charge a pack almost daily for a good 6 months without any imbalance at all.
Actually it's been 4 months since I've checked the balance on my raptor battery! But by charging to 4.17v/cell average I factor in a bit of wiggle room if one to 2 cells get a bit high. Better still if you make it 4.15v.
On your typical 20-21S pack you can have a cell get really badly out of shape with a bulk charge to 4.15v/cell and still not overcharge the other cells.

Hey everyone,
I have a question for the collective. The re-gen on my Stealth Fighter either works intermittently or not at all. Sometimes on the downhill section, it just stops working. If I'm riding slow and keep it slow, there is not much of a problem. It will sometimes stop altogether during long rides. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. What should I be looking for?

Thanks!

SamM

Back