Ekross Vector Aussie build

Cowardlyduck said:
kiwiev said:
what has everyone else done to secure batteries?
Use padding. Lots of padding. And more padding. :)
As long as your not stressing the batteries and it's not 35C+ ambient, the padding won't cause too much heat build up. You will want to make it easy to remove the cells periodically for maintenance, so it's not a bad idea to enclose the cells/padding all together, but leave the tops exposed for wiring configuration changes.

Cheers

I used gym mat padding you can pick up at Kmart for cheap. It's just compressible rubber that I put on the bottom and jam up top to stop vertical movement ( I don't expect to be hitting anything sideways). I do use duct tape to strap the batteries down to my holders though.

Raged

That's exactly what i used looks good hope it works good also :D

Still haven't sorted out my hall wire issues hopefully have some time soon.

have been working on the Sonic

Cheers Kiwi

a few pic of battery pack the whole thing bottom and sides has gym mat foam around it then cloth taped over. I then taped and zip tied to the bottom battery tray then TEX screwed to frame hopefully it will take the bumps.

6 x 6s 15ah batteries

soldered up simple plug and play loom

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,699
  • IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,699
  • IMG_2008.JPG
    IMG_2008.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,699
yahoo.....

finally got it moving took bike down to local trail wow wow these bikes have awesome suspension soooo plush!!!

the HS4065 pulls hard

and my controller copper cooling mod actually WORKS I could feel the heat pulling away on the outside and cooling at the sink.

Hub got to about 35 deg but it was cold down here about 7 deg.

still have to sort out speedo and controller is at 70 amps how far can I go with the 18Fet Infineon at around 70 volts?

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2027.JPG
    IMG_2027.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,684
  • IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2028.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,684
Great stuff Conrad. Glad you got it going at last!

That's so awesome the controller cooling mod works. I reckon you should start a separate thread on controller cooling mods...if you don't maybe I will as I've done that fan cooling mod to my Adaptto also. :)

Not sure what your question is exactly, but your range isn't determined by your amps draw or voltage. What's the total AH of your pack? That will be the main factor.

You can plug your bikes values into this:
http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html
And it will give you a rough estimate.

Or this:
https://www.ebikemaps.com/
Will give you a much more accurate estimate based on the route you want to take if you set it up with your bikes profile.

Cheers

Thanks Blake

I was meaning howmuch more amps can I pull?

So I have 30ah at 66.6volts so just under 2kw

Thanks Rodney it's like riding a DH bike on steroids :D

Ozman the shock is 215mm its for my wife but I cant bottom it out yet more rides this week if the snow stays away

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
I was meaning howmuch more amps can I pull?

So I have 30ah at 66.6volts so just under 2kw
Oh I see.

Well with that heat sink on there and your 2KW battery I reckon you would be good for 100A bursts. You would want to ensure everything is up to it first though. I mean phase wires, battery wires, any connectors, any fuses, etc.

The weak link is going to be your motor. You will want to look at venting it at the very least...but I would suggest considering adding some fans based on my recent success. :)

Cheers

Thanks Blake

I'll do you a deal , I'll lend you a CA for a couple of months if I can come up and you can program my controller as that's your area of expertise lol :D

kiwiev said:
I'll do you a deal , I'll lend you a CA for a couple of months if I can come up and you can program my controller as that's your area of expertise lol :D
Thanks for the offer! :)
I'm more than happy to program your controller...but seriously don't worry about the CA...it would be more hassle than it's worth for me now that I've wired everything up...I would have to re-route my wiring, and remount my battery (which was painful) to get it to work...not worth it for just a couple of months.

Cheers

Thanks Blake

that would be most appreciated mate.

will have to sort out a time.

does anyone know how many poles there are on a crystalyte HS4065?

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
That's so awesome the controller cooling mod works. I reckon you should start a separate thread on controller cooling mods...if you don't maybe I will as I've done that fan cooling mod to my Adaptto also. :)
Well, as promised:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70823
You should re-post the details on your controller mods in that thread...it will be awesome to have a single place with all these great mods and idea's. :)

Cheers

Awesome work Blake I will post mods over there.

Another ride and more testing I got speedo finally working change poles to 23 all good.

the only problem now is my Shunt value is 0.7 Mohms and to set this in the CA I have to go high range in the advance menu which is for cars and motor bikes drawing hundreds of amps the most I'm seeing is 29 amps now.

Apart from that I did 10 km at around 65kph around and paddock 250 acres and down our dirt road with a few hills, wow the rear suspension is so nice you don't feel many bumps :eek: Played with seat height to get comfortable.

have played with CA but still no luck

cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2031.JPG
    IMG_2031.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,596
  • IMG_2030.JPG
    IMG_2030.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,596
Awesome work Blake I will post mods over there.

Another ride and more testing I got speedo finally working change poles to 23 all good.

the only problem now is my Shunt value is 0.7 Mohms and to set this in the CA I have to go high range in the advance menu which is for cars and motor bikes drawing hundreds of amps the most I'm seeing is 29 amps now.

Apart from that I did 10 km at around 65kph around and paddock 250 acres and down our dirt road with a few hills, wow the rear suspension is so nice you don't feel many bumps :eek: Played with seat height to get comfortable.

have played with CA but still no luck

cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2030.JPG
    IMG_2030.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,596
  • IMG_2031.JPG
    IMG_2031.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,596
Quite like the colour combo mate

Got stuck in the shed to day due to a bit of snow.
So I whipped this up what do you think I stole the idea from Jay :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2034.JPG
    IMG_2034.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMG_2039.JPG
    IMG_2039.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,546
Before I painted it I put some real bikes On and went for a spin seams OK the Tow bar can take 180Kg of weight so I think this should be OK. 8)

Attachments

• IMG_2037.JPG
    IMG_2037.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMG_2038.JPG
    IMG_2038.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 1,546
that's what I was thinking :D may take orders if anyone else would like one made it weights about 25-30Kg and built like the preferable SHB :D

Cheers Kiwi

More testing this morning, loving the suspension on this bike jumping off 4 to 5 foot no problems.

Gave it a run on a single track with lots of ups and downs WOT most of the time only got 16km before voltage drop to 56v which I have ser in CA.

It was cold 1 to 4 deg so I'm not sure if that's good or not :|

The ZEEs 4 pot brakes are awesome :D real progressive.

Cheers Kiwi

Back