Ekross Vector Aussie build

Hey Conrad,

Yeah, was an awesome ride today! Glad you enjoyed it and your bike is now unleashed to it's full potential. :D

I whipped up a quick vid of the accident:
[youtube]DcegHq0HCbk[/youtube]

In case it's not obvious to others...the axle nuts on my rear axle were loose, and the Fighter has horizontal drop-outs...the result is as above.

Cheers

Introducing the " The Black Russian"

Started to put frame together and got my postie tire on the Cro motor, mail delivery here we come :lol:

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,459
  • IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 2,459
Got the rear wheel on, had to file the drop outs to make the Cro fit tight :D

The tire looks good I think, just have to wait on the 17" front wheel.

spent about 2 hours making up a rear mud guard bracket but I think it will be worth it.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2082.JPG
    IMG_2082.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,441
  • IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,441
Had an AWESOME ride on Saturday with Cowardly Duck showed him one of the local trails, he gave the Giant trance a vent job and a re-program of the controller . He did really well to keep up on a bike and trail he hadn't ridden :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 2,421
Indeed, it was an awesome ride. The venting made a surprising temp difference also. :) Especially considering it was only at the perimeter on one side, but I think the cool winter air would have also helped a lot...in summer you really need both sides vented, or air intake holes near the axle to keep things cool enough.
Sorry about the buckled rim though...was a little too keen over that last section. :oops:

Video uploading now and has been for 5+ hours already. It's over 6min long, so apologies in advance if it seems too long...there was just too much good content I didn't want to remove. :lol: That and the music I picked was about that long anyway. :)

[youtube]dWi5kK_RYPM[/youtube]
It will probably take another 6 hours at least if Youtube's estimates are correct. :roll:

Cheers

Cant wait mate :eek:

I trued up the wheel in about 5 min today I bought one of those magnetic base clock gauges for when I was setting up the EV sonic I just stuck it on the side of the swing arm I have the wheel under 20 thou now :D

Cheers

which dam is that? i was reading about the hydro project there and how they had to relocate the town when it was flooded and the long tunnel project to redirect the river to another gorge. way cool. i like big projects that change the world.

your place is on top of a major hill and where is it with respect to everything there? is it the snowy range out on the horizon? this is kinda the high spot for aussies?

kiwiev said:
Cant wait mate :eek:

I trued up the wheel in about 5 min today I bought one of those magnetic base clock gauges for when I was setting up the EV sonic I just stuck it on the side of the swing arm I have the wheel under 20 thou now :D

Cheers

Got a link for that?

Here you go MAC

http://www.banggood.com/Mini-Flexible-Magnetic-Base-Holder-Stand-Dial-Test-Indicator-Tool-p-931330.html?currency=AUD&createTmp=1&utm_source=ebay&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=saul&utm_campaign=xiao-AU

Ccheers Kiwi

dnmun said:
which dam is that? i was reading about the hydro project there and how they had to relocate the town when it was flooded and the long tunnel project to redirect the river to another gorge. way cool. i like big projects that change the world.

your place is on top of a major hill and where is it with respect to everything there? is it the snowy range out on the horizon? this is kinda the high spot for aussies?

Yes the Snowy scheme is one of the 7 major engineering feats of the world, the horizon is the Snowy mountains we look at this from our house to the East truly blessed :mrgreen:

Yeah it's ski season atm but mtb bikes are making a stand we have nearly 160km of tracks with in 40 min of our house.

Cheers Kiwi

Awesome time.
How's that controller going?

yeah it sounds interesting I hope it works well.

Did a bit more today got mud guards and rear shock in.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,358
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,358
dnmun said:

Sorry yeah its Jindabyne dam

cheers Kiwi

Whats the case width fella? Controller might hang from the roof?

Internal width is around 125mm, how hot do they get? Has any one ran one yet?

Oh yeah I'm keen on your wind generator blades too, we are on stand alone solar and have been thru 2 wind generators due to 170kph winds they were conventional fans. It was cool watching a 3.6 meter blade end up 200 meters away from the tower. The generator was making 100amps at 48 volts and got hot and exploded. It normally only makes 40amps.

Cheers kiwi

A bit of progress got finished early from work, so i managed to get the rear rotor on, put a spare front wheel on to push her around ( still waiting on 17" moto wheel) and painted and place controller underneath.

Had to also put a washer inside to get the massive phase wires coming out of the motor to clear the swing arm, I have routed this out the rear not sure if this is good or bad. :?

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,320
  • IMG_2090.JPG
    IMG_2090.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,320
That does look good in black.
Pays to check wheel clearance - less important with black.
I once did a predelivery shakedown on this heavily modded GT fury and left a big black cherry on the underside of the controller the night before delivery. It was a big dropoff! :)
https://instagram.com/p/vTLHf2HFfr/?taken-by=ballaratebikes

I need to start chasing a proper smartphone holder for the bars. I've been eyeing off the waterproof motorcycle tank-toppers as an idea. Its mud season 8)

I don't know of any of those controllers ever mating up to a Cro before - waiting with baited breath!

Spiral wrap from Bunnings not too bad.
http://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/lighting-electrical/electrical/cable-conduit/cable-covers-wraps

What looks really cool is the new braided wrap http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__1498__377__Hardware_Accessories-Wire_Mesh_Guard.html
Ok. Maybe not the pink stuff.

Come on Sam you love pink :p

You liked my wife's red bike :wink:

The braided stuff is cool I was going to get the black metal braid that you can put over fuel and radiator hoses. :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Anyone know what these 2 plugs coming off the Cromotor are for 1 plug is sealed, I was thinking the one withe the green yellow blue black white could be the halls.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2092.JPG
    IMG_2092.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 2,306
Back