electric trial bike

the bike vids are come think and fast, here is a cracking vid:
[youtube]fZVbn3b12Qk[/youtube]
I want one of these please :mrgreen:

no website?

Electric Motion is an engineering, design, industrialization and production of off-road motorcycle.

Created in 2009, the company and its team have a robust experiment spent in the industrial domain bound to the world of the Motorcycle. The various works of research, development, tests, the prototypes were concentrated on a mode of electric propulsion.

After a first launch phase of serial meadow, will follow during the second half-year 2011, the first series of the TRIAL model.

nice sk8park footage,
i dig the videos with the urban environment,
they are way more interesting to watch...

That was an awesome video. Looks like a really good bike. It is weird to me that people with electric build videos have music playing. Kind of loose the effect that it is an electric. I like how they stopped the music at one point in the middle.

scorpa5_7_-_grande_r1_c1.jpg

http://www.trial-club.com/webzine-trial/actualites/2011/scorpaelectrique/
http://www.trial-club.com/webzine-trial/actualites/infos-internationales/detail-de-linfo/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=8405&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=68&cHash=a9460fe759

re the scorpa, would 5kw (7kw peak) do it for you, gwhy? on a 76kg bike? don't know... just curious.

ktm freeride looks pretty interesting... not exactly for trials but "new fields of use in urban and suburban areas" :lol:
REVOLUTIONARY VEHICLE CONCEPT said:
KTM is endeavouring to give fresh impetus to the offroad segment. For this reason, KTM has developed an electrically driven, emission-free offroad bike with a battery that's quickly replaced. This motor concept of the KTM Freeride E opens up completely new fields of use in urban and suburban areas and generates greater acceptance of offroad sport. All-terrain riding has never been easier!
Freeride_E_90Grad.jpg

GCinDC said:
re the scorpa, would 5kw (7kw peak) do it for you, gwhy? on a 76kg bike? don't know... just curious.

If you watch the vid of this bike , Yes I think it would, looks like if it might be geared for around 25i'sh mph which is more than enough for trials. I would love to get some peg time on this bike :mrgreen:

[youtube]fZVbn3b12Qk[/youtube]

not nec trials but not sure where else to put it... :lol:

anyone heard of it? more pics here and a bio here.
HydromagnificenceonTwoWheels_011.jpg

Technic:
Wheels: 24inches
Wheelbase: 1084 mm
Steering angle: 68°
Seat tube angle: 71°
Length base: 420 mm
Length top tube: 530 mm
Fork and shocks: 140 mm

Frame: Aluminium tubular frame and carbon frame
Engine: Brushless engine
Battery: Li-Po

Designer: Charles-Edouard BERCHE

WOW cool stuff for sure!!

GCinDC said:
not nec trials but not sure where else to put it... :lol:

anyone heard of it? more pics here and a bio here.
HydromagnificenceonTwoWheels_011.jpg

Technic:
Wheels: 24inches
Wheelbase: 1084 mm
Steering angle: 68°
Seat tube angle: 71°
Length base: 420 mm
Length top tube: 530 mm
Fork and shocks: 140 mm

Frame: Aluminium tubular frame and carbon frame
Engine: Brushless engine
Battery: Li-Po

Designer: Charles-Edouard BERCHE

I think the overall look is good and more than practical for trials riding (street/stunt riding ) the only thing that I would really worry about is the front axle, I really dont think a setup like that would last 5 mins for big hits.

Yeah it looks like a fun trick style bike. How do the pedals power the rear wheel? It almost looks like they turn some kind of dynamo or something. Come to think of it, could that work? You could still give your 200 watts or so back I would think??

Whiplash said:
Yeah it looks like a fun trick style bike. How do the pedals power the rear wheel? It almost looks like they turn some kind of dynamo or something. Come to think of it, could that work? You could still give your 200 watts or so back I would think??
Sure it would work but it would just be heavier and less efficient than a chain going to the rear wheel.

I know its not a e-trials but I think well work a look at the riding skills . I used to be able to ride like this when I was younger :wink: :mrgreen: ( I wish )

[youtube]ZLSVP3b9nVU[/youtube]

new web site for the new e-motion http://www.electric-motion.fr/accueil.html

[youtube]L79iQDKsoVo[/youtube]

bzhwindtalker said:
I want to work there. Actually I'm applying for my internship on my engineering school.
Wish me luck!

Good luck!, they need someone who can think out of the box ( the bikes good but could be better :wink: ) and I think your that person. I better keep Some of my Ideas to myself as I am working for a rival trials bike manufacture :mrgreen:

Nice! I heard from someone of the team they placed 3rds of the competition, nice result for their first entry!
The motor seems to be a golden motor "10KW" axial flux, it is making quite a bit of commutation noise at low rpm though?

bzhwindtalker said:
Nice! I heard from someone of the team they placed 3rds of the competition, nice result for their first entry!
The motor seems to be a golden motor "10KW" axial flux, it is making quite a bit of commutation noise at low rpm though?

I heard 2nd, but either way its a very good result.

edit: nope you are right 3rd :D

electric-motion_203.JPG

Back