Em3ev battery bluetooth app not working after denied it access to photo files

LowkeeRider

100 mW
Hi ES,

Today, my Em3ev battery bluetooth app not working anymore. It asked for permission to access the photo files I denied it. So all it does is just scanning for hours and not thing happened.

Thanks for your help.

Well, if for some wierd reason it requires access to those, and doesn't have it, it wont' work. Best recommendation is to go into the app maintenance controls in your system, and change the permissions to allow it the access it requires.

On an android device I have here, you get to those by going to Settings, then Apps, then tap the app in question in the list, then scroll down to App Settings, and tap on Permissions. Then you can slide the switch on or off for each permission it thinks it needs.

There's no reason I can imagine for it to need that access, but if it's written to require it, then you have to allow it in order to use it. :(

There are lots of apps out there that ask for ridiculous permissions they have no need for, that won't work without them. :roll: Others ask for permissions to pretty much evertything, yet work fine even if all of them are denied. :?

There is a possibility that you installed a pirate version of the software, that had been hacked to collect private informations from your phone.

Avoid using your own phone with it for now. Use an older phone or one that has no sensible private info. Or buy a cheap used phone especially for this purpose, and put only one pic in the photo folder, like the arse of your dog. :mrgreen:

Then, it is probably possible to find the original version of this app, that you can safely use with your phone.

Back