EM3ev MAC motor for fat bikes !!

AFAIK, the Hitch has a steel frame, so you could squeeze the dropouts 10 mm on each side (years ago before wider hubs were available I used a 135 mm rear). The brakes are relatively easy to position with spacers, but we had to machine a part for the freewheel. IMO, this will work with the cassette version.

2old said:
AFAIK, the Hitch has a steel frame, so you could squeeze the dropouts 10 mm on each side (years ago before wider hubs were available I used a 135 mm rear). The brakes are relatively easy to position with spacers, but we had to machine a part for the freewheel. IMO, this will work with the cassette version.

Thanks.

Just found out EM3ev no longer sells the MAC motor...of any kind. They are going to concentrate on batteries. As of 29 June 2020 they only have a few "front" MAC motors left and that is it.

Thanks for the info. They were such staunch proponents of the MAC. Wonder who will sell them now.

Excellent question...if anyone finds a good deal on a MAC motor, please post where you got it.

I would like to buy another one.

Grin Tech offers the GMAC but it is a little bit more pricey because it is regen capable with a couple more improvements...but I don't need the extras.

Luna offers the MAC occasionally but their stock is sort of hit and miss.

Ran across this the other day so I thought I'd save it. Don't know a thing about the company...

https://eunorau-ebike.com/collections/btn-kits/products/48v1000w-mac-geared-rear-8t-cassette-hub-motor-electric-bike-kit-26-27-5-28-wheel-electric-bike-conversion-kit-45km-h

AHicks said:
Ran across this the other day so I thought I'd save it. Don't know a thing about the company...

https://eunorau-ebike.com/collections/btn-kits/products/48v1000w-mac-geared-rear-8t-cassette-hub-motor-electric-bike-kit-26-27-5-28-wheel-electric-bike-conversion-kit-45km-h

Nice....Thank You. I am looking into them now.

One thing that concerns me is MAC went to thinner laminations (.027 I think with older MACs having .035) at some point along the way and there are several different configurations of the MAC...Freewheel/Cassette and wiring exits the axle on one and the side cover on another as well as how the phase wires are terminated...L10 connector (GMAC) and 4mm gold plated bullets which I prefer because I can run higher amperage :D .

Unless something has changed, MAC will have it's wires routed through the axle. GMAC will come out the side cover.

Back