EP buddy selling lipo

chisixer6

1 kW
Haven't been on EP Buddy's site in a while, but they are now selling LIPO batteries. Not as cheap as Hobby King, but claims to have the c number conserative. And at least they are in stock.

Interesting.

6s 5300mAh 35C 99 bux

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_23&products_id=370

I just bought some stuff from him last week and did not see these so it's pretty new.

Still double what id pay at HK tho id lean twards a bit better quality if he's selling them.

if anyone makes a purchase please let me know. I may reach out to him and see what he has to say about the new product.
When I met him last he was testing different types of lipo looking for something pretty good to sell.

I just looked at EP buddy's lipo. Looks very promising, in a world of seemingly over advertised products.
I wish they had 8aH battery's or I would sell my zippy's and get some of their lipo :cry:
Does anyone know how long it takes for hobby king to get in a new stock of battery's? I have been waiting since april for HK to get more 8aH packs in the US warehouse.

I ordered a couple different 2s packs from him to check out for my kids remote cars.

To pricey for me tho to try on a bike.

ohzee said:
Well, I would think it is worth a try on an ebike. The site states there is a 90 day warranty on them and they are tested before they are packaged and shipped. I guess you would be paying extra for quality then. It sure beats receiving a dud cell from HK and then having to buy another on :mrgreen:

Trackman417 said:
ohzee said:
Well, I would think it is worth a try on an ebike. The site states there is a 90 day warranty on them and they are tested before they are packaged and shipped. I guess you would be paying extra for quality then. It sure beats receiving a dud cell from HK and then having to buy another on :mrgreen:

Agreed Trackman.. I guess I really mean after my investment in 20 6s 5000mah packs of HK lipo starting over is to pricey.

And out of those 20 packs I have 16 that are good. So yea your right about the dud cells.

But hobbyking packs only have about a 10-15% rate of where you are gonna get a pack that has a dud.. so add that percentage additional to the price... hobbyking still kicks butt even considering the duds.

I would check out what hobbypartz is selling ( gens ace, blue lipo ) if you're looking for a different brand. The price is very similar to HK.

It is nice to be able to buy from a USA company tho. i see why some people have a thing against HK.. ohzee, you have been kinda unlucky. Out of 28 or so packs ordered, i only got 3 duds.

Before when I was a new newb I was running 18S 3p - otw home from work one time I noticed a pack was a bit out of wack
so I thought id be smart and put it aside.. that meant I was running one of my packs at 2p rest at 3.. ruined 2 cells which
amber has now.. So yea HK only has given me a couple bad packs. rest I ruined myself. Sorry for the misrepresentation
beer may be involved.

As long as I have ES I am always gonna feel lucky.

I have dealt with EP Buddy in the past, and have found the service to be very good, with fast shipping and responsive service. I do hope they come out with 6s *AH Lipo. I would pay the extra to have the fast shipping and a USA distributor.

ohzee said:
Before when I was a new newb I was running 18S 3p - otw home from work one time I noticed a pack was a bit out of wack
so I thought id be smart and put it aside.. that meant I was running one of my packs at 2p rest at 3.. ruined 2 cells which
amber has now.. So yea HK only has given me a couple bad packs. rest I ruined myself. Sorry for the misrepresentation
beer may be involved.

Aaaaaaaaaahhh that explains it. I thought maybe you had some bad karma going on.

ohzee said:

Oh for sure. I don't know what i'd be doing without all of what i learned here. Probably doing something stupid and archaic, like pedaling for example :mrgreen:

neptronix said:
ohzee said:
beer may be involved.

Aaaaaaaaaahhh that explains it. I thought maybe you had some bad karma going on.

ohzee said:

Oh for sure. I don't know what i'd be doing without all of what i learned here. Probably doing something stupid and archaic, like pedaling for example :mrgreen:

So far I have not had any bad luck with HK so far. All the zippy's I get are in close to perfect balance with each other. Really great stuff! I think I might play the lottery next time I get some more good zippy's from them. Whether I like it or not, I have been the demise to the two of my packs, that I ended up selling to a member on this forum.
Without this forum I would be carrying around some rather beautiful lead acid battery's :mrgreen:

Trackman417 said:
ohzee said:

Better check your math trackman. Paying double to eliminate duds sounds so good for the seller that I'll do that deal with you all day long. For being a good customer I'll give you some extra incentive with this week's sale of buy 10 get one free. How many would you like to order? Participate in our referral program, and for only only a $25 sign up fee you get a 5% cash rebate on everything your friends buy, plus 4% from what their friends buy, 3% from what their friends friends buy, 2% from what their friends friends friends buy, and 1% from what the next level of friends buy. The same deal applies to everyone in your group. I'm sure you have at least 5 friends who would love to get in on this, and they have 5 friends and so on. If everyone buys just $250 worth of stuff, you'll make over $10,000 . You're a smart guy, so I'm sure you'd rather upgrade to the Prince of the Pyramid referral program, which for just another $25 you add a 1% override on 3 extra levels of cash making friendship. Do the math yourself and see how buying your batteries through our great program can turn you and your friends into millionaires. :mrgreen:

John in CR said:
Better check your math trackman. Paying double to eliminate duds sounds so good for the seller that I'll do that deal with you all day long. For being a good customer I'll give you some extra incentive with this week's sale of buy 10 get one free. How many would you like to order? Participate in our referral program, and for only only a $25 sign up fee you get a 5% cash rebate on everything your friends buy, plus 4% from what their friends buy, 3% from what their friends friends buy, 2% from what their friends friends friends buy, and 1% from what the next level of friends buy. The same deal applies to everyone in your group. I'm sure you have at least 5 friends who would love to get in on this, and they have 5 friends and so on. If everyone buys just $250 worth of stuff, you'll make over $10,000 . You're a smart guy, so I'm sure you'd rather upgrade to the Prince of the Pyramid referral program, which for just another $25 you add a 1% override on 3 extra levels of cash making friendship. Do the math yourself and see how buying your batteries through our great program can turn you and your friends into millionaires. :mrgreen:

I did not mean you would have to pay double when you are buying lipo from HK. I meant, if you received a dud cell in one of the packs you bought you would need to buy another one, unless if you could work around that slight annoyance. That would increase the price enough to make buying from epbuddy justifiable. It would be less of a gamble.
Good example, by the way!

EP Buddy does have good CS. I had a problem with a charger and they replaced it no problem at all. Dale is friendly. Something to consider when buying anything from them.

Before my hardcase i did try to buy his packs. He was saying that the C rate is to much for what we do. I would be spending extra money for the voltage stiffness. He claims they are better than the Turnigy Nano Techs. I personally think they are probably better than the regular Flightmax and Turnigy pack but it probably cant touch the nanos when you really want the power out of them. if you dont wanna pay for rhino or some of the other pricey lipo companies this is a good alternative. I wish i could have got some for testing .;.. but at 99 bucks for 6s a little rich for my blood vs 42 for a Turnigy pack.

Back