• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

First E-bike, trouble shooting

zlagger

10 W
Ok guys, I have set out to build my first E-bike.

Today was Test #1 and it was a failure, but I am completely stumped as to what is wrong. So I am turning to you the Endless Sphere veterans for some guidance.

So the first test was performed with the wheels in the air (no load) and all the components connected other than the battery. Side note: it is almost impossible to connect things wrong as everything is prewired and in different size harnesses to avoid bad connections. So I connected the battery, then powered on the controller. A small high pitch whine comes from the controller. The Cycle Annalyst comes to life and displays 75V. Everything looks good, so I turn the throttle very slightly. The wheel jumps about 1/16 of an inch and makes a moderately loud groan and thumping noise, but does not turn at all. (I only try this for about 1 second and release throttle) Tried a couple more times, same problem. WTF??

The Kit: (from ebikes.ca)
- Rear 26 inch Crystalyte HS3540
- 40A Infineon Controller
- Throttle with Regen Button
- Cycle Analyst

The battery (Testing stage only)
- Three Turnigy 5000mAh 20C lipos wired in series for 66V
- (9 batteries to be used after testing stage)

sirlenka said:
Could be wrong phase connection or broken hall sensor(s) or both. :wink:
When I peddle the bike it is giving me correct speed on the CA. Wouldn't that mean the hall sensors are ok

So...how did the 2nd testing go? :)

Are you pleased with the HS3540hub/40A controller setup?

Back