Futuristic Ebike Build and trials frame

Did a little bit more today as i have not had much time, The wife keeping me busy :twisted:

The pictures do not show the lines very good. I am looking for a design for, amp meter volt and temp for the top enclosure and for the side as it looks boring and bland.

So if any one can help with idea's let me know as tomorrow is my last day off. My head cant think of what to do with it, ive been looking at it to long need's fresh eyes

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0143.JPG
    IMGP0143.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 2,453
  • IMGP0146.JPG
    IMGP0146.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 2,453
Ordered ACS Claws Double freewheel 16/17t to fit on the pivot point for the motor, so there is no chain growth. I will remove pawls so it will be free spinning.

I was told the double freewheel could not have two chains on it at the same time. Perhaps consider ordering the triple, and then using the first and third gear?

Something like this: http://www.bicyclewheelsindia.com/frrewheel1.htm

Wow, that thing looks awesome already. What size tyres are they?

spinningmagnets said:
Ordered ACS Claws Double freewheel 16/17t to fit on the pivot point for the motor, so there is no chain growth. I will remove pawls so it will be free spinning.

I was told the double freewheel could not have two chains on it at the same time. Perhaps consider ordering the triple, and then using the first and third gear?

Something like this: http://www.bicyclewheelsindia.com/frrewheel1.htm

Hi

I will weld a cog on the outside so i can use 2 chains, It is the loudest clicking free wheel ive heard for a while, put then it is just piss thin oil it no grease

Paul

Hi

Back to work today, but got a little done to night . i made the dash panel it will have a perspex front with the gauges behind. the next part is boring sanding an filling ready for the gelcoat.

Next step after that will be the frame gussets and painting. then find THUDS thread to rewind 80/100 so less gearing and a hell of a lot quieter. I would'nt want to draw attention to myself :lol: :lol:

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0169.JPG
    IMGP0169.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,649
Started fibre glassing last night on the front, finished rear end tonight. A lot of cleaning up, trimming the excess off. Next will be sanding the the final resin coat. It looks a mess at the minute put will look good when finished.

Started ordering sprockets and jackshaft as i will be using 80/100 130 kv

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0184.JPG
    IMGP0184.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,558
  • IMGP0188.JPG
    IMGP0188.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,558
Made the axle adapters for the 20mm bolt through forks so i can use any wheel.
Little old lathe is tired dont no what make it is, i had it given 10 years ago its only mt1 its ready for the bin its time for a myford.

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0190.JPG
    IMGP0190.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,491
  • IMGP0192.JPG
    IMGP0192.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,491
  • IMGP0199.JPG
    IMGP0199.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,491
Nice build so far. I have a question though.
The front fork brace on the stanchions looks like it is on the wrong side. But I see that the axle is on the front where it should be. Does the brace on those forks bolt on? They look that if you bottomed out the forks the brace might hit the frame. If its on properly then its fine just an observation.
Keep up the good work.

nicobie said:
It's looking better all the time.

I find it funny that you are using rebar for part of the frame. Don't see why it won't work fine.

Hi the rebar will be fine, the whole frame has only cost £6.00. There is a bit of amberwolf in this build find it repurpose it. Frames dont need to be heavy to be strong it's down to the gussets on the load bearing points, and a good weld.

Sebastion said:
Nice build so far. I have a question though.
The front fork brace on the stanchions looks like it is on the wrong side. But I see that the axle is on the front where it should be. Does the brace on those forks bolt on? They look that if you bottomed out the forks the brace might hit the frame. If its on properly then its fine just an observation.
Keep up the good work.

Hi the forks on the frame are reverse arch manatou nixon spv, That is how they are made,the forks are only on for building purpose's,they are knackered if you look closely you will see about 20 wraps of pvc tape round them to holding them up,they are the worst fork i have had the pleasure to own. I will be using Marzocchi Z150 Forks with the 20mm bolt through adapters i made so i can use any wheel.

Paul

bodywork on the bike has had its last coat of resin yipeeee :lol: . It has my chest raw with keep rubbing it down and putting resin on it, and i was using a mask.I could not do it ouside as any one in the uk will tell you we have had floods is the north east and other parts

If i were to to it again i would use abs plastic quicker cleaner and easier to work.

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0201.JPG
    IMGP0201.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,435
Love the frame fabrication, the body work is also fantastic look forward to next instalment ...

Re: the lathe, if its heading to the bin I would happily take it off your hands shipping costs to Australia would be speedy
P.M me if interested? Would do fine for the little jobs I need doing I'm sure, wouldn't need the motor just the bed etc

Paul.............D said:
Little old lathe is tired dont no what make it is, i had it given 10 years ago its only mt1 its ready for the bin its time for a myford.
That will bring the number of known Myfiosi on the forum up to three :) Lots of Myfords on Ebay at the moment..

AussieJester said:
Love the frame fabrication, the body work is also fantastic look forward to next instalment ...

Re: the lathe, if its heading to the bin I would happily take it off your hands shipping costs to Australia would be speedy
P.M me if interested? Would do fine for the little jobs I need doing I'm sure, wouldn't need the motor just the bed etc

Hi kim when i finish the bushings for the trials swinging arms and a few other bits you can have it with pleasure. it has served me well it might be little lathe but it has built lots of things that would have cost a fortune, a good 1hp motor would bring it back to life as the 1/3hp on it at minute is shite.

Miles said:
Paul.............D said:
That will bring the number of known Myfiosi on the forum up to three :) Lots of Myfords on Ebay at the moment..

Hi miles i know were there is a mint myford never been used since full refurb and the best thing is my mate does not know it for sale :lol:

I will puts some pictures up later of a cheap to build jackshaft build. so any one can do it with out to much skill

Paul

A friend wanted to build a jackshaft for his motor but wanted to do it himself. So i bought two of everthing and gave him a set to put him out of him misery he tried hard to build it himself, but had problems getting it centre'd. This is the same man with the myford lathe he has never used after a refurb:lol:

I hope this at least help 1 person as it is a cheap and stress free.

The bearing will be stripped of grease and filled with graphite

Paul

Attachments

• jackshaft.jpg
    jackshaft.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,311
Thankyou Paul! lemme know when your down with it and we can organise some form of freight, i have a spare Turnigy 80-100
Thud rewound that would likely work on the lathe, just need something to use to make bearing housings and other small stuff
that would cost me a mint to get done..

Seen a few similar jackshafts made with those bearings and supports, espicially with the ICE crowd
on Motorbicycling, they work very well ;) Removing the grease and filling with graphite sounds
interesting, keen to see the difference that makes..best of luck, that body work does look sharp though..

KiM

Paul.............D said:

Paul

these pressed bearing housings are ok for low to medium power but if there is a lot of power pulling on these housings then the pull needs to be against the 2 mount holes to stand any chance of surviving ( not sure if I explained this right ) as the housing becomes distorted and the bearings become loose.

gwhy! said:
Paul.............D said:

Paul

these pressed bearing housings are ok for low to medium power but if there is a lot of power pulling on these housings then the pull needs to be against the 2 mount holes to stand any chance of surviving ( not sure if I explained this right ) as the housing becomes distorted and the bearings become loose.

If they are fastened to a good base and the pull is towards the base plate they will be fine at high loads, the shaft will give first

Paul

Paul.............D said:
gwhy! said:
Paul.............D said:

Paul

If they are fastened to a good base and the pull is towards the base plate they will be fine at high loads, the shaft will give first

Paul

yep thats what I meant :D

Finally got my disk spider for the hope :D i did not want to change the hub as it has ceramic bearing in it. I am going to look for some more forks as i want to use the Marzocchi Z150 on trails frame, my mate has them on his bike and they are great ride for spring and oil.

A couple of pictures of were i am at.

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0213.JPG
    IMGP0213.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 2,364
  • IMGP0215.JPG
    IMGP0215.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,364
  • IMGP0217.JPG
    IMGP0217.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,364
Hi i have not had a lot of time to do much of late. But had a couple of hours spare so i decided to start on the trials frame and get all of the welding out of the way. as i need to make the bushings in the lathe before it makes its journey to oz to kim.

I will need another motor.Not sure which type i will use .Maybe brushed if any one has one in mind let me know , i also need 24" rear wheel 26" front wheel and forks

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0222.JPG
    IMGP0222.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,289
  • IMGP0225.JPG
    IMGP0225.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,289
  • IMGP0227.JPG
    IMGP0227.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 2,289
Back