• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

gas price thread

I suppose we might make it under $3/gallon by the end of the year, but Jerry Brown has all kinds of delicious new tax money coming next year from his laws to punish us for wanting gas. Nothing like Jerry getting HIS way to make everything all right.

4130543620_5d5f7f4f90_b.jpg

$2.89/gallon in Mill Valley, CA.

The cost of producing a gallon of gasoline has not dropped over the past few years I'm sure, and they are still making a profit at the present price. That means all the time we were paying more, we were getting ripped off.

crude has dropped almost 30% since the summer highs. exports of gasoline from US refineries is at high levels too.

US crude production is now in excess of 9mmbopd. highest level since the 70s. up from about 5mmbopd in in 2011 as i recall.

I'm hoping it goes down another 4 cents when I fill up tonight which would paralell the Regular Unleaded price of $2.75 per gallon. Usually there is an even 20 cents difference between the two grades, so $2.75 for regular could soon mean $2.95 for premium. I'm so frugal I will wait a day to save less than a dollar (raised by parents that grew up in the midwest during the Great Depression). :roll:

The fingers said:
I'm hoping it goes down another 4 cents when I fill up tonight which would paralell the Regular Unleaded price of $2.75 per gallon. Usually there is an even 20 cents difference between the two grades, so $2.75 for regular could soon mean $2.95 for premium. I'm so frugal I will wait a day to save less than a dollar (raised by parents that grew up in the midwest during the Great Depression). :roll:

Do you pump your gas in the early morning before it has a chance to expand from the heat of the day?

Boycott !! No gas monday. All Americans no gas Monday's to start. Drive the price down.
The Saudis are letting the price drop to take the profit out of the competition.

I usually only drive my personal vehicles at night or on weekends for outings with the family, and the only time I have to buy fuel is in the afternoon or evening if I get off early enough. I prefer to commute by bicycle, however recent serial injuries have curtailed my ability to pedal at all. It looks like I'm going to have to upgrade to a more powerful and lighter battery set up soon, as the SLA needs some pedal assistance to go the distance. :mrgreen:

I get 200 miles from 90 pounds sterling in Audi rs6. Not good haha. I offset this with my bikes

Unfortunately, many will breath a sigh of relief as they go back to the wasteful habits of a decade ago. More gas guzzling monstrosities. More empty 5000 lb V-10 pickups driving to the store for a box of beer.

As much as I hate oil companies, one benefit of high gas prices was that it forced many to consider alternatives such as EV's. It will be interesting to watch and see how much sales decline, if at all, for the Volts and Leafs.

A modest decline would be good news as that would indicate that a sizable chunk of the buying population are actually thinking about more than just how little it costs to fill up.

But these low gas prices are but a hiccup along the way. A mirage. Because if congress has its way, and starts WW3 with Russia which it is horney to do, low gas prices will change in a heartbeat.

After all, policing the other side of the world is in our national interest.

Saw $2.39 in central Kansas this week.

I am not crying for the oil companies (of any size) but...I read a convincing article that suggested the big six (Exxon-Mobil, Royal Dutch-Shell, BP, Chevron-Texaco, Conoco-Phillips, Total-SA...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_S.A.#mediaviewer/File:Big_Oil.svg) are willing to take on a "little extra" short term financial strain to use this unexpected crisis to "help" some of the smaller oil companies to go bankrupt, only to have the skeletons bought up by the larger ones.

edit: $2.23 on 13th Dec, 2014

edit: $2.07 on Dec 20

kept dropping every few days, now at:

$1.73 on Jan 8, 2015

starter can be repaired too. i once wore the starter brushes down so short the braided wire lead to the brush was jammed at the bottom of the slot in the brush holder so i just filed the slot deeper and put it back together. that was the honda factory starter after 25 years. used it for several more years until i killed that car.

sometime the spade clip on the starter solenoid from the ignition switch will get loose and the starter ignition switch never engages the solenoid.

It's 120.9 pence, which might as well just be £1.21, a litre right now where I am in the UK, which is the cheapest it's been in ages.

That's about $8.58 a gallon - as long as my maths and ability to use google to convert units of measure aren't miles off.

i remember 21 cents when i was a kid starting to drive in the 60's. as recently as 1999 i was able to buy gas in wyoming for 99 cents.

they have already started to lay down rigs. the count dropped 29 oil rigs last week, most in texas which i assume were in the Eaglebine and Woodford but most of us expect the lay down to approach 500 rigs or about 30% of the current drilling fleet by the time production has dropped enuff to support a decent price again.

Back