How do I know my battery is empty?

docw009 said:
Hunza, your first post showed a link to a 48V bottle battery without the integrated controller, and you said you had a 36V controller. You later mentioned a controller bag.

Your last post says you have a 48V bottle battery with an integrated controller. You would expect that to be a 48V unit.

When you overvolt a controller, you should consider the filter capacitors. If they are only rated for 50V like most 36V controllers, they lose their ability to filter at high voltage and will eventually pop. If they are rated for 63V, all should be well. The only way to tell is to look at them as in this pic.

P1540039.jpg

You also need the low voltage protection circuit to match the battery. Dual voltage controllers should do this, but a single voltage controller may let your 48V battery go lower than you want. You still have the battery BMS to protect you though.
Thanks for you reaction docw009. Sorry for my confusing texts, I have the the 48V11.6Ah Bottle-09 Panasonic Battery Pack.
I presume the BMSB 48V controller in that package is well prepared for the battery pack connected to that, I will double check that however.

Happily I managed to stop my stuttering problems.

The capacitor of the controller had to be discharged (the "memory" had to emptied) by connecting the poles of the cradle and after that I added my 48V loaded batterypack. Possibly the controller was "thinking" I had a 36V system.

Thanks for your support.

UPDATE: Unfortunately the problem came back after one cycle 🙁
I will continue this topic in the following thread: Fully charged battery, stuttering problems Q100H @48V

"Everything is automatic"... Oh Oh... :lol:

Sounds a bit like mine then, showed correct values the first time after had not been used for several months (capacitator discharged?) then next run back to old again. Though I do not have any stuttering so you have more problems.

I finally learned the controller received was a 36V type. BMSBattery provided for free a replacement 48V controller. Things work fine now!

No more stuttering and a good working battery indicator.

Back