How do you remove threads from "view your posts" page?

veloman

10 MW
I replied to some threads years ago and I'm getting tired of seeing them at the top of my list everyday. Some of the topics are actually bothersome to constantly see. Is there anyway to remove them from that list?

Not to be confused with subscribed threads.

Try looking at the bottom of the list. You should see some drop-down boxes that allow you to sort the results.

All results1 day7 days2 weeks1 month3 months6 months1 year
Sort by: AuthorPost timeForumTopic titlePost
subject AscendingDescending

You can filter out the old ones. I just sort them by post time so the newest ones are on top.

There's no way to completely remove them from the View Your Posts list without actually deleting the posts you made to it, which you can't do (unless it's the last post to the thread).

But there is another more useful view that you CAN remove them from:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed
because every thread you replied to shoudl be automatically subscribed as well.

So to remove a thread from that view, just open the thread and Unsubscribe from it.

fechter said:
Try looking at the bottom of the list. You should see some drop-down boxes that allow you to sort the results.

All results1 day7 days2 weeks1 month3 months6 months1 year
Sort by: AuthorPost timeForumTopic titlePost
subject AscendingDescending

You can filter out the old ones. I just sort them by post time so the newest ones are on top.

This worked. Though I may miss an update to an old thread that I am still interested in.

veloman said:
This worked. Though I may miss an update to an old thread that I am still interested in.

If you sort by post time, any thread that gets a new post will be at the top of the list regardless of the original topic creation date.

fechter said:
veloman said:

If you sort by post time, any thread that gets a new post will be at the top of the list regardless of the original topic creation date.

Well that is the problem. It's these popular threads that keep coming to the top. I have no interest in seeing them there everyday. They get new posts every day.

Now I sound like a whiner :oops:

I guess you'd like a "sort by topic creation date" but unfortunately that's not an installed option.

Back