la Nina rears her ugly head

Tonight
A 50 percent chance of rain after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow
A 50 percent chance of rain before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 72. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming southwest in the morning.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 60. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 89.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 63.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 92.
Thursday Night
Clear, with a low around 64.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 90.
Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 62.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 83.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 59.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 79.

Maybe I'll get a free car wash after all. :mrgreen: Temps yo-yoing up and down in typical fall fasion. :?
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/h5-loop-ir2.html

-----------------------------------------------La Niña Rain Gage-----------------------------------------------------------------
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
------------------------------------------------------------ :) ----------------------------------------------------------------------

We received the same as above in the "OC"; Tustin, CA. Stopped now and nothing in sight, probably until next October.

Same here, in Phoenix, with 30% on monday.

Be interesting to see how Kirin reacts to it, and any thunder / lightning that happens. Hopefully she doesnt' get terrified like Yogi does, and is more like Teddy was (she usually didn't even notice, except for Yogi's panic).

If she doesn't like it, then hopefully the pheremone collar Yogi is wearing, and the pull-ring/strip of which is ziptied to Kirin's collar, will help keep them both calmed down.

----------------------------------------------La Niña Rain Gage------------------------------------------------------
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
---------------------- :evil: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/tpac/h5-loop-ft.htmlSome sub-pineapple moisture heading this way. :D
Click the box Trop Fcst Pts to show the Hurricane track predicted for TS soon-to-be Hurricane Seymour.
30% chance of more rain for Thursday, 50% Friday, and 30% on Saturday. :D

We seem to have been cheated out of ours; it had gotten up to 40% chance of rain for last night, but it didn't even get cloudy. :roll:

Early in the day yesterday it got humid enough to feel like 120F out there in the late morning when I was trying to do yard work, and make my bones start to twinge, but that's all. The wisps of cloud dawn started with evaporated long before then, and then even the humidity went away before midday.

Today's was supposed to be 30% early, then 50% later on, then 30% overnight. It did at least get cloudy, and it's humid enough to make me hurt all over, but it doesn't look or feel like rain at all, and the chances listed now are 10% (or less).

And it's still been in the high 90s F, and October is almost over! Seems like it had been cooler in previous years (but when I look it up, last year was actually hotter, though previous years varied a bit cooler, not by that much).
:(

1.7" since yesterday. This is a good start. Before last week, the last measurable rain I got was in April.

Chance of rain for tomorrow night is now 80%. Expecting amounts of 1/2-3/4 inch. :D

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/h5-loop-ir2.html Cold system from the Northwest colliding with hurricane moisture from the Southwest over the area could create the first Super Soaker to hit us in a very long time. Chomper was right. :p Flash flood watch for the local mountains, river trails might close this go 'round. For the first time in a long time I'm getting ready to pull my boots out. :mrgreen:

No methane bubble to repel the mositure this year. MUHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

That's looking interesting. Hard to say where it's aimed at.
They're predicting 1-2" here, so not a big deal, but I'll take anything I can get.

Hurricane.JPG

----------------------------------------------La Niña Rain Gage-----------------------------------------------------------------
-- :twisted: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------La Niña Rain Gage-----------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------- :| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a trace, not enough to show up in the local rain gages. :|
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NTP&rid=SOX&loop=yes

3" here since last post. This is a really good start to the season. Rained pretty good last night and kept all the trick-or-treaters away.

humidity changed enough past couple days to make my joints hurt, but nothing on the rain or clouds.

Supposedly a 10% chance starting later this week for a few days.

Did get a "stairstep" of temperature drops again, about 10 degrees F less than last couple months, so now it's finally down into the mid-high 80s F rather than 90s.

A dry 93°F along the coast today and 87°F tomorrow, but cool and some patchy fog at night and around 59°F, so not bad sleeping weather. Chomper cemented in for the winter, had to finally break down and hose off the patio. :| No rain of any kind in the long term forecast. :(

------------------------- :evil: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back