LCD screen

I'm with you.
Specially this screen has a very big potential. Too much interesting indicators to make work for different functions on an EV, and a flawless working. I've been researching hours, but I've not found yet extended info about even the rest of indicators.

I'm sure inside the electronics there must be the option to make some changes on the screen.

For example. if you switch on and off the headlight indicator 5 consecutively times, it reset the tripping time accumulation

My 3D-printed casing for this screen
It has lasercut plexi glass top and bottom, so essentially it's waterproof.
I can do custom mounting brackets also.
240751110fc78c_l.jpg

Without glass:
241221052013b5_l.jpg

Nobuo said:
very good job!

this is mine :p

This looks like a great project! Was it difficult to figure out battery indicator voltage & speed calibration settings?

Wondering if setting MPH is possible? Looks like the display has the characters for it...

battery indicator voltage is automatic if you don't use the ammeter. You can always stick with the battery bars indicators to calculate.

This screen especially doesn't have a choice for the mph indicator, but you can always set it to fit for mph values with the potientometer, although the LCD would always read kph :roll:

Nobuo said:
This screen especially doesn't have a choice for the mph indicator, but you can always set it to fit for mph values with the potientometer, although the LCD would always read kph :roll:

Understand, that is what I thought.... :( I was hoping there are was a setting since the LCD display has mph capabilities (characters exist) but not sure how to enable them.

multifunction-Voltmeter-thermometer-speedometer-For-48V-60v-72v-car-Auto-48-96V.jpg

There should be many "unused" points on the back side of board. You could try to connect 12V there, or short two together, if they look designed for that. There must be a way to switch units.

By the way mine arrived from alibaba last week and after quick test I can say that viewing angles are quite bad. This might be not an issue due to more or less 'fixed' sitting position, but from any other angle you would not see a thing.

It looks like all works at 5V, if I feed 12V some indicators doesn't work good, do it at 5V. You can see also UART serial port for communication. Where do you think there are possible connection related to the board screen?

$_57 (1).JPG

circuit said:
There should be many "unused" points on the back side of board. You could try to connect 12V there, or short two together, if they look designed for that. There must be a way to switch units.

Think you are on to something.... There may be some potential in those other connection locations!

Nobuo said:
It looks like all works at 5V, if I feed 12V some indicators doesn't work good, do it at 5V. You can see also UART serial port for communication. Where do you think there are possible connection related to the board screen?

The TX RS connections must have some applications for remote data display. I haven't purchased the unit yet but have reached out to a couple distributors to try and get some answers related to MPH units.

Found a website that could be a possible resource for information on these LCD displays. However, it is in Chinese and Google translate does not seem to handle it very well.

http://www.gotomcu.com

There is also a download area but again Google translate does not seem to handle the translation properly.

alsmith said:
There's an email address on the page- have you tried contacting them ? The data sheet says the supply voltage is 21~28VDC, maybe using less affects the viewing angles ?

Not tried emailing them yet. Just found the site. I'll take another look and locate their email.

Back