Magura brake levers

cvctiger

10 mW
If ever you are curious what the inside of the Magura MT5e levers look like, here you go the top is the assembled lever. The bottom it’s you can see is mostly taken apart. Had to do this because I shorted out the internal circuit board sensor switch in both levers due to my own fault hooking it up to the wrong side of a relay switch. 🤬🥵 So had to order new levers which you can buy separate from the master cylinder. IMG_4091.jpeg

I have a set of these and It's a very clever design that allows for the switch to trigger with *zero* pushing on the actual hydraulics. Not sure the complexity is worth the "purity" of such a design when compared to other brakes whos switches often trigger along with the brake line being activated, but it's sure technically neat.

I have a set of these and It's a very clever design that allows for the switch to trigger with *zero* pushing on the actual hydraulics. Not sure the complexity is worth the "purity" of such a design when compared to other brakes whos switches often trigger along with the brake line being activated, but it's sure technically neat.
That's interesting thanks for sharing. I just installed on of the Shimano MT200 brake kits that has a cutoff sensor and I was surprised how much the actual brake pads engage before the cutoff sensor is detected by my controller. I'm already applying a considerable braking force before the regen braking kicks in.

Back