Mark's Vector Thread

markw

10 W
Hi there everybody,

My Vector build has taken shape over the last couple of weeks. If you've followed any of my other build threads you probably know I like to keep them organized and tidy. For now, this is going to be a photodump and thread reservation - it'll take shape as progress continues thru the wintah.

Overall impressions are at this point:
Used wayyy to much wire on my harness. Going to need to tone it down and rework it when there is snow on the ground.
Suspense on hooking up my first BMS.
Holy shit I need a bulk charger. Charging 100Ah 18.5v at 18amps takes forever.
A robust charger is needed for any solid build, without a reliable/fast charger one is forced to leave their batteries at 4.20v SOC
45 MPH top speed... meh. I want faster. Maybe I should buy a 3t? At this point, re configuring my packs for 25s is out of the question for many reasons.
Swing arm is indestructible.
For those concerned about the 125mm frame width, I was able to get several mm more via the rubber seals on each side of the frame.
The 220mm DNM rear shock that Artur uses on his Vectors is a solid choice.
Wanted 30Ah, but 25Ah is likley that max I'll be able to fit. This may change as I modify my wiring/battery to be more weight/space efficient.
On weight: Bike is heavy. Wondering what I could do to lighten it. I have a set of Carbon handlebars that could set up...
Front rim/tire: Kind of digging the 2.75" Maxxis High rollers, but if I moved to the 3t I would feel highly obligated to grab a moto rim/tire for the front.
Regen working on my for the first time: on my old Stinky build, I had my ebrake sensor plugged into CA instead of the controller so regen never worked. I cannot imagine this build being feasible without regen braking. It provides too much stoping power to leave out of the equation.
The DNM forks Artur uses are good for dual disks... do want. I should look at other options.
Legal: Maine allows for moped registration for 30mph/1300watts. Why not get one?
PS: How fkn' vague is the 1300 watts requirement?? 1300w continuous unloaded? 1300w peak?

Anyone who sees this thing when I'm riding just absolutely loves it. Everybody recognizes that it's electric and has questions about it. It's a great feeling.

High power ebikes are somewhat of a purgatory... don't really fit in on XC trails, doesn't fit in on the road, could fit on ATV trails but risk running out of juice out in the wildaness

WIP BELOW-
Table of Contents:

Pictures and video
Vector Frame, rims, tires,
MXUS 4t with upgraded phase wires
Lyen 18fet 4110 upgraded traces with CA V3 and regen enabled
20s 25Ah RC LiPo Battery with Bestech BMS/PCM equipped
???

gOuO9gQl.jpg

jY0z7oql.jpg

aHe4ykMl.jpg

nVwrK14l.jpg

dYeFELXl.jpg

7M6FHhCl.jpg

c5qvF4Kl.jpg

jdss9ehl.jpg

6JIvLval.jpg

CsBVgMTl.jpg

mvFJoGgl.jpg

vRE0n4Yl.jpg

IUBqLLwl.jpg

FVw82kNl.jpg

qmoH3XCl.jpg

fX6u6ywl.jpg

J21LAW1l.jpg

UfGiFuXl.jpg

P9NPCFGl.jpg

hJjobbal.jpg

T7zEPMSl.jpg

AUk2GqRl.jpg

m4IKPnFl.jpg

HBmRZwZl.jpg

JwRasnNl.jpg

sYeWRxtl.jpg

ReC4gMtl.jpg

o8Wmr2Il.jpg

GAFtpLul.jpg

2NMY4Bul.jpg

u0xcew5l.jpg

cdSMSQrl.jpg

YZfWc4pl.jpg

Oh, good old lipo days, I remember how much work it was to do all of the harnesses not to mention how many wires were all over the place. Just silicone wires alone could weight 500 grams on one system!
Then bulk charging and balancing- what a mess it was but you sure learn a lot from it!
So much better now with 18650 cells and welding :)
If you want your baby go faster than 45mph, make sure to save some money for Adaptto :wink:

Keep up the good work!

Looking good Mark.

Its the battery compartment that sticks out, that hub blends in nice from what I can tell from the picture.

Do you ever use the rear brake at all, how much front brake are you using along with the regen braking?
I am trying to figure out if I should go 203mm rotors in the rear, even 203's in the front. I can buy the adapters for $10, already got used Hayes 203's.

Nice pictures, nice bike. Pretty cool thing dude! Any videos of it yet? Would love to see a couple :)

Back