• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Milwaukee v18 vs. v28

Smoker

100 mW
Right now I'm running 4 v28s @ 56v

I have a 48v20a crystalyte controller + 405 20"

I was thinking of buying some v18s as the price looks better

Would I be overloading these batteries 2s2p?

Thanks

For what it's worth toolup.com v28s are back down to $97 per pack shipped from the recent high of $108. If you wait a bit I bet they go down even further... like back to $80 hopefully.

Are you going to add parallel for capacity or up the voltage? What are the FETs rated to on that controller? 60v? Might be an issue.

i'm going to keep them in my other pannier and plug them in when my v28s are fully discharged. I don't know what FETs are in my controller. I got it from ebikes canada about 8 months ago. Wouldn't running them in parallel do something bad?

Thanks

Yah we tried running 3 v28's in series and we got the doomed puff of smoke then the nasty burnt smell. Ended up frying the BMS... So I dont think it would be a good idea to add another v18 to a 2s v28. Your idea of keeping spares in a pannier then plugging them in after the v28s are dead is a good idea. The bad side is you'll be going a lot slower since you'll have 36v but it'll get you to your destination and thats the end goal....

Oh.. right.. sorry I misunderstood you... thought you wanted to add the v18s as like a booster pack or something. The v18s are $82 at toolup.com and the v28s are only $15 more at $97 making the v28s a better deal IMO.

For what it's worth I've been running 3s2p 84v with diodes across the connector block assemblies since June 20th (about 200mi so far) without any issues at all. I have a 72v/20amp controller with the 4110s.

Back