Model 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arlo1 said:
To the mods it would be a wise feature to allow the owner of the OP to remove any unwanted and unrelavent posts as they see fit in their thread.
Ha Ha Ha ..are you serious.?
This is an open forum,...nobody "owns" a thread.
Just because you do not agree with a comment, does not give you the right to delete it...that is pathetic !

Well, I find it rude to step into someone else's thread with crap. Honestly, how on Earth on an EV forum can he be against Tesla? I find Musk to have issues too. But, MAN the cars a freaking AWESOME!

I don't like criticism about Tesla either but lets try to be objective here. The thread is titled Model 3. If that is not the appropriate place for an article about Tesla and the economics surrounding the Model 3 then what is the appropriate place? Since this thread has been primarily a review of your personal model 3 experience I could see where a post of a critical article with no other context might seem rude. Lets not start deleting content though. At least not before specifying that this thread is for discussion of the actual car itself and not the company as a whole.

With regards to the opinions expressed by the analyst in the article, I think its crazy to apply traditional analysis to Tesla's financial operation. What other car company gets billions in committed pre-orders for a car that is years away? Why wouldn't people put $1000 refundable to hold a spot with no consequences for cancelling? I don't have the money and considered doing that. For an analyst to assume 1/4 of those people cancelling is somehow a disaster is just silly. They act like 25% of toyota corolla buyers just returned their cars or something. Similarly, sounding the alarm because they are burning through cash seems silly because most companies don't get the cash up front from the pre-orders. In the long run it seems like the typical cost of doing business. Tesla just went in the reverse order compared to other companies who invest in the manufacturing first and then watch the money roll in.

Tesla and Elon Musk are a lightning rod for haters. Tesla is a total identity crisis in our polarized political landscape. They are the first American car company to have a chance of succeeding in a century. They are made in the USA. Should be a slam dunk success story for fiscal Conservatives/Republicans. However they are Eco friendly and have a Progressive CEO so they are embraced by Liberals. Since there is no room for nuanced points of view anymore we have half the country wanting them to fail and the other half worshiping the larger than life Elon Musk.

The reality is THE CARS ARE FREAKING AWESOME!

billvon said:
He hates Musk, and wants you to know it. He's been posting stuff like that for years.

I'll tell him you said that. He'll believe it coming from you of course. But it's foolish to pretend that posting the objective comments is somehow hating him. But it was YOU saying that, after all, we're used to it.

All in all you have a great foot in mouth dance going with a few others. Did you hire a choreographer?

Dauntless said:
billvon said:
He hates Musk, and wants you to know it. He's been posting stuff like that for years.

I'll tell him you said that. He'll believe it coming from you of course. But it's foolish to pretend that posting the objective comments is somehow hating him. But it was YOU saying that, after all, we're used to it.

All in all you have a great foot in mouth dance going with a few others. Did you hire a choreographer?

This crap has nothing to do with this thread. I would appreciate taking it elsewhere......

recumpence said:
This crap has nothing to do with this thread. I would appreciate taking it elsewhere......

Bill is only following your lead. Your bullying in general has nothing to do with the thread until you put it there. So you did. You'd appreciate if it worked, but the community wouldn't. If you were a bit analytical you could see not only you blowing up over nothing but you keep on going in plain sight for newcomers to see you for what you are. Bill too. That much is a good thing. A bit of moderating on it's own.

I'm sure you're also not the type to let a post sit for a bit to be sure you want to post it, if only to decide it's not gonna agitate the moderators much. I'm much more concerned about them than about you trolls.

Dauntless said:
recumpence said:

Bill is only following your lead. Your bullying in general has nothing to do with the thread until you put it there. So you did. You'd appreciate if it worked, but the community wouldn't. If you were a bit analytical you could see not only you blowing up over nothing but you keep on going in plain sight for newcomers to see you for what you are. Bill too. That much is a good thing. A bit of moderating on it's own.

I'm sure you're also not the type to let a post sit for a bit to be sure you want to post it, if only to decide it's not gonna agitate the moderators much. I'm much more concerned about them than about you trolls.

Hey Dude,

Not sure who this is aimed at, me or him "Following my lead?" It sure feels like it is aimed at me. I have never bullied or trolled anyone..... In any event, this is killing my thread.

I will let the moderators deal with it.

Matt

recumpence said:
Not sure who this is aimed at, me or him "Following my lead?" It sure feels like it is aimed at me. I have never bullied or trolled anyone..... In any event, this is killing my thread.
Agreed. Sorry I triggered him again; I should know better.

To get back to the topic, some recent Model 3 news -

The car's been getting generally good reviews in outlets from Car and Driver to Jalopnik to the Wall Street Journal. People generally like it, with many people pointing out nits and minor problems. (Hence C+D's 4 stars out of 5, citing minor ergonomic problems and lack of a lowest cost option so far.) Oddly, though, even reviews like C+D's get criticized from _both_ directions. The "shorts" (people who have bet on TSLA stock sliding) come out immediately and claim that C+D 'bought the hype' and are just more of 'Musk's fanboys' - while Tesla enthusiasts claim that C+D is misrepresenting the car, doesn't like Elon Musk, must have missed X Y and Z about the car etc. It doesn't really mean much about the car (mostly-good reviews suggest that the car is pretty good but not perfect, which would be what you'd expect from a 'cheap Tesla') but it is odd that it's generating so much angst on both sides.

Sorry for waiting so long to step-in. The sooner I can find a contentious thread, the shorter the contentious sections will be to deal with. I'll lock the thread for just a few days and as soon as I can get some time to sort through all the recent posts, I'll get it sorted out.

If any other moderator finds the time so they could sort through this mess before I get to it, go on ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back