Need advise for the Cyclone 4.8 KW coaxial Motor...

Tommm said:
papagino said:
Tommm said:
Legna199111 said:
Anyone try this yet I've been looking all over this website if anyone has tried the cyclone coaxial kit! And if there's any mad man whose over volted I was thinking going with sabvoton 96080 and 29ers plus in the front 27.5 plus in the back with lifepo4 20 ah cells!!!

What do you mean kit? I have the bike with that motor in it. I think sabvoton 72080 would be a better fit, with temp sensors inside. Either 72v+field weakening, or 80-86v with no field weakening. Anything above and it would likely fall apart.

"By the kit", he mean just the Swingarm with the Cyclone for $600-$650 to go with your existing EEB Enduro Ebike Frame... Not the complete bike.

He has:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=99870&sid=e869b6fef4c5c57f07207569ea17b6d4&start=25#p1508763

http://www.cyclone-tw.com/Coaxial.html you can get the frame included for 899 I was planning on putting in some high end parts and building custom walls for the battery cover add an inch here take away there and make a full 96 80amp continuous around 120a phase using lifepo4 and running the voltage according to 80% rule of thumb for charging so a 40s pack at 80% leaves me at 115v I was just wondering if anyone use this kit yet? And if so crazy enough to over volt and use soc to over volt technically but not really.

Legna199111 said:
Tommm said:
papagino said:
Tommm said:
What do you mean kit? I have the bike with that motor in it. I think sabvoton 72080 would be a better fit, with temp sensors inside. Either 72v+field weakening, or 80-86v with no field weakening. Anything above and it would likely fall apart.

"By the kit", he mean just the Swingarm with the Cyclone for $600-$650 to go with your existing EEB Enduro Ebike Frame... Not the complete bike.

He has:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=99870&sid=e869b6fef4c5c57f07207569ea17b6d4&start=25#p1508763

http://www.cyclone-tw.com/Coaxial.html you can get the frame included for 899 I was planning on putting in some high end parts and building custom walls for the battery cover add an inch here take away there and make a full 96 80amp continuous around 120a phase using lifepo4 and running the voltage according to 80% rule of thumb for charging so a 40s pack at 80% leaves me at 115v I was just wondering if anyone use this kit yet? And if so crazy enough to over volt and use soc to over volt technically but not really.

You can't get more power than 2.5kw cont/7kw peak from the coaxial motor.

If you want more power cyclone has a swingarm with a 7kw motor. That will easily handle ~12kw peak.
These crazy voltages really narrow down your possibilites. Imho you should do what everyone else and do 72v and higher amps.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1qJDSqJRY

Tommm said:
Legna199111 said:
Tommm said:
papagino said:

He has:

You can't get more power than 2.5kw cont/7kw peak from the coaxial motor.

If you want more power cyclone has a swingarm with a 7kw motor. That will easily handle ~12kw peak.
These crazy voltages really narrow down your possibilites. Imho you should do what everyone else and do 72v and higher amps.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1qJDSqJRY
Out of curiosity are you saying the 2.5 kw motor is the same as the 4.8kw from the link I posted. I just figure if the motor can handle a 72v at 60amp computer it could handle a 96v at 80amps. I dont plan on using the extra speed it's more just distance and acceleration while already at speed that I was aiming for.

Legna199111 said:
I just figure if the motor can handle a 72v at 60amp computer it could handle a 96v at 80amps.
Why do you "just figure" that?
The former is 4.3kW, the latter 7.7kW, that's a huge jump.

> I don't plan on using the extra speed it's more just distance and acceleration while already at speed that I was aiming for.

"acceleration while already at speed" just means extra faster, that's what greater voltage is for.

Greater power used means much **shorter** range.

john61ct said:
Legna199111 said:
I just figure if the motor can handle a 72v at 60amp computer it could handle a 96v at 80amps.

> I don't plan on using the extra speed it's more just distance and acceleration while already at speed that I was aiming for.

"acceleration while already at speed" just means extra faster, that's what greater voltage is for.

I do deliveries in a major city I want to be able to quickly jump from 20 to 30 mph but using higher voltage so I'm using less throttle to jump up to 30mph I figure less throttle more distance

Legna199111 said:
john61ct said:
Legna199111 said:

I do deliveries in a major city I want to be able to quickly jump from 20 to 30 mph but using higher voltage so I'm using less throttle to jump up to 30mph I figure less throttle more distance

It doesn't work like that. Energy is measured in Wh, not Ah. 72v 80a is the sweetspot for it.
And for a 5kw peak motor 20 to 30mph is nothing. Mine does it in 1 sec and can do 58mph tops.
If you go for 96v make sure you don't use high speed switch (field weakening) because you will be spinning it way out of spec.

Tommm said:
Energy is measured in Wh, not Ah. 72v 80a is the sweetspot for it.
For what?

For a 400lb rig wouldn't be the same. Or a hilly terrain compared to flat, right?

john61ct said:
Tommm said:
For what?

For a 400lb rig wouldn't be the same. Or a hilly terrain compared to flat, right?

City riding. I usually use mine at 72v 60a, above it, too wheelie prone. In a gear with 40mph max speed with field weakening.
I can accelerate from 10mph to 20 mph in 1.5s. 150lb including rider.
If you have a big load you will need 80a, and for a hilly terrain you will need a gear that tops out at 35 or 32mph even.

Tommm said:
john61ct said:
Tommm said:
For what?

City riding. I usually use mine at 72v 60a, above it, too wheelie prone. In a gear with 40mph max speed with field weakening.
I can accelerate from 10mph to 20 mph in 1.5s. 150lb including rider.
If you have a big load you will need 80a, and for a hilly terrain you will need a gear that tops out at 35 or 32mph even.
Well if 96v won't work I was thinking of using a
36s lifepo4 or 28s lion pack and restricting it to 80% for cell life that on some 27.5 plus is should be around 60mph what's the high voltage cutoff on the cyclone?

Legna199111 said:
36s lifepo4 or 28s lion pack and restricting it to 80% for cell life that on some 27.5 plus is should be around 60mph what's the high voltage cutoff on the cyclone?

A motor is a dumb component, it doesn't have a cutoff. It will lose efficiency at too high voltages. Some tests made on russian forums show efficiency already started dropping above 80v.
Any gear that will top out at 60mph on this motor will be piss weak in terms of allround torque. For example, a gear that tops out at 30mph will have double the torque from standstill as the 60mph gear with the same power settings.
If you have a 6kw motor at 60mph max setting it will have the same torque as a 3kw motor at 30mph max setting - not much.

Tommm said:
Legna199111 said:

A motor is a dumb component, it doesn't have a cutoff. It will lose efficiency at too high voltages. Some tests made on russian forums show efficiency already started dropping above 80v.
Any gear that will top out at 60mph on this motor will be piss weak in terms of allround torque. For example, a gear that tops out at 30mph will have double the torque from standstill as the 60mph gear with the same power settings.
If you have a 6kw motor at 60mph max setting it will have the same torque as a 3kw motor at 30mph max setting - not much.
You are the man! I'm pretty comfortable with the electric side but mechanical issues is my main concern. I guess I have to start looking at forums on gearing.

Back