NEWBIE, Land rover electric bike project

Another reason why you controller doesn’t work is that you may have a phase mismatch. Blue doesn’t necessarily go to blue and neither does yellow necessarily go to yellow nor the green.

But to check that you will need to research how to swap phases.

The red and black is possibly for lights. Here is a link on Amazon to a controller the same as yours, with a photo (2nd photo) of where the connectors go.

There should be a bypass plug on your display connector if you are running without a display, otherwise the controller won’t switch on.

It may or may not have the same wiring configuration as yours, so it’s only a guide as to where the wires all connect to.

Last edited:
I don’t know how your controller can be switched on without either a display or a bypass plug. And even with a bypass plug you won’t be able to change the pas levels, so you will be very limited on power.

Last edited:
I've no display on my setup, mot sure how to disable the display, I've just took the controller to bits to see if there's anything obviously wrong but all seems OK, no burning smell etc,think I may buy the Ebike Motor Controller 35A KT LCD3 Full Twist Throttle KIT
I have that controller and display installed on this bike and I can get 30mph flat out because of the big wheels.

I had to oil cool the motor to stop it from overheating.

IMG_0016.jpeg

Last edited:
If you want to pay less and don’t mind ordering from China you can get what you need from here.

Got my new KT controller today with display it works great, apart from a few issues, the pas on the bike won't fit the controller like wise the throttle, I've tested the full throttle that comes with the bike which is great but would prefer my half throttle, anyone know what wires go where ?

Got my new KT controller today with display it works great, apart from a few issues, the pas on the bike won't fit the controller like wise the throttle, I've tested the full throttle that comes with the bike which is great but would prefer my half throttle, anyone know what wires go where ?
Black is usually ground, red is usually the 5v supply, and remaining random colored conductor is usually the signal wire.

Thanks for all your help guys it's really coming on now,not long for the pictures, only one issue,I'm not entirely sure if there's a problem with the front hub motor, it seems very choppy, it sounds OK when the bikes upside down but when I'm on it the motor sounds clunky,also the pas assist seems to work when spinning the crank backwards,not as much as it does forward,think it's working as it should but not right any thoughts ?

Hi guys, I've done some research today so here's my findings, I found a great YouTube video that shows you how to establish how many magnets are in the hub, all you have to do is put a wire on 2 of the phase wires ,when you turn the wheel you can feel each magnet. Having done the above the rear hub has 86 and front hub 48.
Below are the C &P settings
P1=75
P2=2
P3=1
P4=0
P5=12

C1=00
C2=0
C3=8
C4=0
C5=10
C6=3
C7=0
C8=0
C9=0
C10=N
C11=0
C12=4
C13=0
C14=2
C15=6

Just to note I have a rear hub motor 350w
Front hub motor not sure
Battery is 48v 20AH 40A Bms .
26 inch wheels with fat 26x4.0 tyres,when the bike is upside down and no load the MPH on screen shows 13.6mph, and watts peak at 180w on full acceleration from a stand still

What a disaster, I was very near the test drive but had a puncture, I decided to replace the inturtube as it was old,in removing the rear motor I must of pulled the cable in the hub as now its showing an error 03 on the lcd3 display,can't believe it,so what should I do? Repair it or buy a 750w rear hub??

Back