Parallel charging thru balancing ports

Dunkirk

1 mW
I am wondering is this possible or am I getting a major spark and break my esc? I am discharging my pack in series and charging in parallel. Would ESC be harmed when it is connected to one end of both batteries? Of course ESC is not on because the circuit is not closed.

file.php

Attachments

• default-1.jpg
    default-1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 186
First, you have to make those parallel connections on the balance plugs ONLY AFTER you disconnect that series connection on the main wires. If you get it wrong, you get Kentucky fried fingers.

Then,, I don't like the way you have the balance plugs connected And the main charger leads connected to the balance wires.

It is possible to connect the main leads of the charger to the balance wires, but only the mains, then use the non balancing mode of the charger. To balance, it's possible to connect the charger mains to any of the leads, to single cell charge or discharge any cell in the pack. But you don't plug in the balance plug at any time.

Lastly, those balance wires can only handle about 2 amps of current. So set the charger to 2 amps or less.

Back