QUAD 4WD HubMotor Build + Hub Motor Testing

4WD Pediglide HubMotor Build + Testing.

Waiting on some enclosures from psychotiller but will outfit it with 4WD Pediglide Hub Motors.

The other hub motors are some other sensored hub motors which I'll test are also sensored.

Will update again :)

I really want to know if hub motors will climb 20-25% inclines.

file.php

file.php

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 1,004
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,004
Freshair said:
Sweeeeet! :mrgreen:

Who makes those other hubmotors?

They are made in China but they are 5065 and TBH.. I think PediGlide's setup is well worth it compared to these. The sensored aspect is nice though. Guess, we'll see once I try it.

I also have a set of Jacobbloy's hub motors but only have dual for those no QUAD 4wd setup.

I think you got yourself a monster, careful when you make it go wild :mrgreen:

I can calculate for you total torque if you want, where is Pediglide's thread? I'll be back

Back! so 2250W at 12S with 149Kv motors you have 3.25Nm per motor! So 3.25 x 4 = 13Nm total torque to climb hills, with your weight and your board's weight I'm sure you can climb anything. :D

Awesome build Torque! Can't wait to see the power this gets. Have you seen the Baja board?

I wish those ABEC11 Flywheel clones come in as wide as Centrax's 83mm x 78mm contact patch. I'd use Centrax if it has a hub that I can latch onto the motor to make it rotate.

I see a thread about skateboard wheels. Somebody please make me a wheel as wide as Centrax with the Flywheel hub. :)

torqueboards said:
Opps updated post.. Must of been sleeping/tired/excited..

12S would be way too fast. I'll have to test this out on 6S/8S/10S.

What...not 24s? :p

Careful, you'll have crazy amps with 6s on 4wd. Make sure your battery pack can dish it out.

I vote for the Incisor deck. I tried my hubs on them, best thing ever. It's like you don't have a deck and are just standing on the trucks.

Pediglide said:
Careful, you'll have crazy amps with 6s on 4wd. Make sure your battery pack can dish it out.

I vote for the Incisor deck. I tried my hubs on them, best thing ever. It's like you don't have a deck and are just standing on the trucks.

Yeah, I dont think a single BMS system would manage it. I think a dual 6s6p system (one 6s6p pack and BMS per motor) would work for a dual rear but might cut out on a quad when driven hard. The wheels would definitely hook up and drive the amps sky high with 4 hub motors.

chaka said:
Pediglide said:

Yeah, I dont think a single BMS system would manage it. I think a dual 6s6p system (one 6s6p pack and BMS per motor) would work for a dual rear but might cut out on a quad when driven hard. The wheels would definitely hook up and drive the amps sky high with 4 hub motors.

Very true... Lipos it is lol

Made a quick graphic using a photo I took before pressing the top, something I couldn't do until I verified the 12s BMS didn’t have any clearance issues. The large compartments get routed out a second time after the top is pressed and an aluminum top cover is used for the final enclosure.

Back