Rod's Raptor 140 Build

Rodney64 said:
I like the gold, goes well with the White frame.'

I agree, I like the gold look. However,I think the black forks seem to look better in pictures, but the gold looks better in person.

Take a look at this picture, don't you agree that the black looks really good on the bike? Is it just because it looks better in pictures?

10923720_578549102280637_3874857249159426803_o.jpg

Allex said:
He is the victim of NYX

I honestly thought that could have been the reason. Those NYX bikes are really nice. I may buy one if I need to commute with a job I'm applying for.

I want a light weight commuter that isn't too big to be able to take it on public transportation, but still has close to the power of my raptor.

Allex said:
Nah just joking it is Flux, not NYX =)
NYX frame is huge, take a look at mortis thread where he is standing next to it in his last posts.

I wonder which one is lighter, the flux or NYX frame ?

Hi Everyone,

I have been a little bit of a stalker around here of late (although I will confess that I only found this thread a few night ago, having talked with Rod around a week ago about this bike). I became interested in the concept of e-bikes around 8 or 9 months ago after seeing a review of a Stealth Bomber on the web. I had been interested in electric vehicles a while before that as I had seen their potential for instant torque as a huge advantage, particularly in my niche of motorsport. The cars that tipped me me over the edge to the idea are the P85D (plug in electric) and the Mclaren P1 ("hybrid"). I figured it would be a good idea to get into the concept early so I can figure out all the terminology, pros and cons before electric vehicles are the norm.

Rodney has been super helpful already and I am already planing on sucking a whole bunch more knowledge out of his brain as I get into things because I have never built or worked on bikes before.

I am going to continue this build on a new thread, which can be found here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70594

Once again, thanks to Rodney for building such a great package, I am looking forward to putting some more KMs on it ;)

RobboCop said:
Hi Everyone,

I have been a little bit of a stalker around here of late (although I will confess that I only found this thread a few night ago, having talked with Rod around a week ago about this bike). I became interested in the concept of e-bikes around 8 or 9 months ago after seeing a review of a Stealth Bomber on the web. I had been interested in electric vehicles a while before that as I had seen their potential for instant torque as a huge advantage, particularly in my niche of motorsport. The cars that tipped me me over the edge to the idea are the P85D (plug in electric) and the Mclaren P1 ("hybrid"). I figured it would be a good idea to get into the concept early so I can figure out all the terminology, pros and cons before electric vehicles are the norm.

Rodney has been super helpful already and I am already planing on sucking a whole bunch more knowledge out of his brain as I get into things because I have never built or worked on bikes before.

I am going to continue this build on a new thread, which can be found here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70594

Once again, thanks to Rodney for building such a great package, I am looking forward to putting some more KMs on it ;)

Yah, Rod's built some good machines over the years, the Raptor should serve you well. Makes some vids and post them.

Back