Safe's Electric Bike Project #003

jansevr said:
i know this is a pretty old thread/build but i just wanted to say how great the bike looks! is there any more updates/pictures? i haven't heard of John Britten before, but the motorcycle in the last picture looks spectacular - and to think he built it all himself out of his garage!

There's a documentary showcasing John Brittens dream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9N1gfLQ--k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RIP John Britten

KiM

FWIW, past a certain date, you won't see updates from Safe. Take his technical info on old threads with a grain of salt.

Guy did make some cool bikes though. Imagine how that thing would have gone without the lead weights.

[youtube]BxmzLk-ZZVY[/youtube]

Man o Man o Man. That made my day. :lol: Look at the cornering skills, Hangs his knee out there like a real rider, then tilts his head and shoulders back the other way like a total dork. We saw lots of the noobs riding like that at the DR.

Too bad we never got the chance to actually race him. It would have been so fun eh Thud? I can see our strategy now, You take the right, I'll take the left, and together we'll squeeze till we have him on the brakes in the first corner. Just for fun, before the lapping him got started. Without the lead, even watt limited we'd have owned him just by being 40 pounds lighter. Even if he'd showed up with lithium, no way he'd corner like you.

hehe,
I was giving him credit for not "chicken foot"-ing it around the corners :p

as for stragity...he would just have to wait us DNF masters out LOL....& not let the smoke from my controllers or your motor get in his eye as he makes up the 3 or 4 laps he would be down.....

but thanks for the props & bump onto memory lane dogman....saturdays practice session was a blast with you & the wineboy. Any one I tell the wheelie story too thinks I am BSing them :mrgreen:
any one not knowing the story can watch this:
[youtube]YMBySXnIFsI[/youtube]

Ha!
Thats the best video of proper shoulder position ive seen yet. Notice the rider is fully commited to the corner...& his unwavering confidence in the tires.....quite inspireing really!

But draging your head through a corner is just showing off :mrgreen:

Thud said:
Ha!
Thats the best video of proper shoulder position ive seen yet. Notice the rider is fully commited to the corner...& his unwavering confidence in the tires.....quite inspireing really!

But draging your head through a corner is just showing off :mrgreen:

"Unwavering confidence"???? You guys do that stuff with so much armor that a wipeout is nothing. Let's see someone doing it with shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops....That's unwavering confidence. :lol:

Let's see someone doing it with shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops....That's unwavering confidence.

Now THAT'S funny, right there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back