Schwalbe or Maxxis or Kenda

Also running Hope DH tubes at 3mm thick, don't skimp on cheap inner tubes, get high quality ones

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

Yeah I need to upgrade the brakes, I going to do 84v@50 amps so I need more stopping power.

Okay, I will have bigger problem than you do because I have 2 girls will sit on my cargo. I am talking about over 300lbs (180lbs + 2 girls probably over 300-350lbs) and I dont know if Stans notube will handle????

ryan said:
chroot, I'm moving to a tubeless hookworm with Stans NoTubes for my Mundo. I'm sick of flats too. And taking the rear wheel off is a real bear.

snellemin said:
I commute in Houston and use 26x2.3 Michelin Pilot Sport. Really grippy and can take corners well at higher speeds. Fastest I have gone with them is 45mph and run very smooth.

Looks good. My tires are worn and old.

I'm sure they're all good for one purpose or another so I wouldn't like to lobby for schwalbe marathon plus at the expense of the others - that said, mine have now been on the bike (frequent commuter use; sometimes offroad use; always with lots of weight) for three years, half that time in ebike use. I got my first puncture at xmas. It was so long since I changed a tire, I almost forgot how. On opening it up, I found that the tube had perished with the brass connector popping out rather than being punctured by something external. I replaced both tubes, but I reckon the tires will run for a few more years yet :)

The hookworms look pretty nice but I have the 1.95 Kendas on my bike with flat resistant, thick "slime" tubes and have not had any flat issues on the streets of NYC. Will see how they perform "at speed" once my damn battery arrives... :D

...Still counting many days and almost 6k miles, no flat even still plenty thread height left on my hookworm tires since November 2010. My ebike is sole purpose commuter to work and home daily. 8)

chroot said:
...Still counting many days and almost 6k miles, no flat even still plenty thread height left on my hookworm tires since November 2010. My ebike is sole purpose commuter to work and home daily. 8)

What tire pressure are you using with the Hookworms?

I typically put 60psi with the hookworms.

ambroseliao said:
What tire pressure are you using with the Hookworms?

Thanks chroot,

This is on your Tidalforce S-750?

No problem ambroseliao, Yes, on my Tidalforce S-750 ebike.

Thanks Chroot,

I have the same bike and used Schwalbe Big Apple 2.35" tires with good success too. I ran for over 500 miles with no issues. Nice soft ride too.

Ambrose

One reason we use Hookworms is that they have very thick sidewalls. I now carry a Cobra tube and CO2 to actually replace and fill a tube but many a day in the past I have ridden home on a flat Hookworm. They have a good bit of "run flat" ability and I have done this up to about 7 miles on my trike. The tire was still usable when I got it home to fix. Those heavy sidewalls can be real helpful.
otherDoc

Looks like the choices are still slim for e-bikes. More tires being discontinued. Now they're making a whole bunch of "Fat tires" but no smaller sizes. I was looking at a Maxxis DTH 26x2.3. Anyone tried those? Schwalbe's are $40 each. Yikes.

D-Man said:
Looks like the choices are still slim for e-bikes. More tires being discontinued. Now they're making a whole bunch of "Fat tires" but no smaller sizes. I was looking at a Maxxis DTH 26x2.3. Anyone tried those? Schwalbe's are $40 each. Yikes.
Recently caught a Big Apple on Amazon for $33.91 but it was the smaller 24x2.0.
I did notice that Kenda 24X2.30 Kiniption for as little as $25 (with shipping).
Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5 are currently marked down to $32 (with Amazon Prime shipping).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A8NQQC

The Kiniptions 26x2.3 look interesting at 850g - fold up.
The DTH's 26x2.3 are lighter at 650g - fold up.
The Schwalbe Big Apple 26x 2.35 is 780g - wire bead.
The Schwalbe Super Moto 26 x 2.35 is 630g - folding.

I like tires around 750g or under. :)

Back