Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Hyena said:
Rix" HThe original lipo pack has finally died so I'm tossing up whether to build him a new one or ditch the whole bike and build him a beta. Obviously that's a pricey option so I'd need to weigh up how much he'll actually ride it. [quote said:
It replaced my other flip phone which was a bigger POS with a 1 mega pixel camera. :lol: :oops:
Jesus man, you need to donate that thing to a museum. Do we need to start a 'buy Rix a new phone to he can take better pics of his FUTR builds' campaign ? :p

I would buy a Beta frame, and recycle all your other components and build up the Beta for you Dad. The one thing I noticed when riding the Beta from the Karpiel was how much better the Beta felt. I am guessing your dad would like the Beta more, and that would translate into more riding. As far as my flip phone goes, I will upgrade it to some kind of smart phone with a data plan, probably within the month. I am in the middle of hopefully switching occupations, going from Law Enforcement to a Welding career, and will keep this phone until I know whats going on with that.

How am I supposed to fit this part? Is it the right way up in the pics and so on?

If it helps, I'm 172cm long and the rear shock will be a Rockshox Kage RC 222mm. Wheels are 19" MC

Also, does anyone have instructions for the Alpha frame? I don't have any and there are screws I don't know what to do with. The big one fits the swingarm. The second biggest fits the mount for the rear shock but the holes for the rear shock are too large and there's a space, the biggest screw is perfect thickness for the holes in the rear shock. What about the two smaller screws?

Think it might be this I need to fit the rear shock http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/se/en/rockshox-rear-shock-mount-hardware-1-2-x-1-2-/rp-prod54654

Cricket_Swe said:
How am I supposed to fit this part? Is it the right way up in the pics and so on?

If it helps, I'm 172cm long and the rear shock will be a Rockshox Kage RC 222mm. Wheels are 19" MC

]l]
Flip the mount the it upside down, and run on the lowest frame mount holes. With a 19MC rear and a 26MTB front, your 8.75" shock should give the perfect geometry. I have taken into account about a 25% rider sag setting. As far as your settings go, don't worry about them now, you need a running chassis before you can start dialing settings in, If you have any issues, we can talk you through it.

Hi.

Newish Beta owner and new member here as of now.

Have had the bike about 8 weeks now. Unfortuanly not that much ridin because of two small critters that are one and two year old. Not much free time right now. But i really love it sofar... great quality by stealth and great build by Alex (thanks Alex) here on the forum. It is equipped with mxus 3k, 20s6p samsung 30Q and adaptto controller. Pretty damn crazy stuff with the boostmode checked. Love it.

Im not very good at the technical aspects of it all. I just love the ride.

Got a question though about the suspension. I realize now that it will never be perfect because of the hubmotor. But maybe it can be better then now? I ride with the stock suspension dnm usd 6 and for the rear that dnm that is stock also. Cant remember the name.

I weigh about 95kg (around 210lbs) and i think the rear spring is rated at 400lbs. Is this optimal? Or should i switch the rearspring for something heavier?

I ride mostly foresttrails. Thanks for all the help i can get.

Ajsomfan said:
Hi.

Newish Beta owner and new member here as of now.

Have had the bike about 8 weeks now. Unfortuanly not that much ridin because of two small critters that are one and two year old. Not much free time right now. But i really love it sofar... great quality by stealth and great build by Alex (thanks Alex) here on the forum. It is equipped with mxus 3k, 20s6p samsung 30Q and adaptto controller. Pretty damn crazy stuff with the boostmode checked. Love it.

Im not very good at the technical aspects of it all. I just love the ride.

Got a question though about the suspension. I realize now that it will never be perfect because of the hubmotor. But maybe it can be better then now? I ride with the stock suspension dnm usd 6 and for the rear that dnm that is stock also. Cant remember the name.

I weigh about 95kg (around 210lbs) and i think the rear spring is rated at 400lbs. Is this optimal? Or should i switch the rearspring for something heavier?

I ride mostly foresttrails. Thanks for all the help i can get.

You are probably going to want a stiffer spring say 650#. I based this on the 650# spring on my Beta with me weighing 235# being on the soft side for anything but very small jumps and bumps, like jumping off a curb. Since Allex built your bike, the rest of its perfect, nothing I can say would improve anything.

Rix said:
You are probably going to want a stiffer spring say 650#. I based this on the 650# spring on my Beta with me weighing 235# being on the soft side for anything but very small jumps and bumps, like jumping off a curb. Since Allex built your bike, the rest of its perfect, nothing I can say would improve anything.

Thanks for the reply Rix, much appriciated. Hmm, you dont know where to buy these springs online? Can I switch them by myself, opr should I go to my local bikeshop? I searched around but for me, with basically no knowledge whatsoever of these kind of things, its pretty hard. I think the shock is called DNM burner RCP2?

I love the bike. I really enjoy seeing new areas just around the corner where i live. I can go around on forest trails and despite all the power the bike doesnt tear up the soil. Silent. Green. Its remarkable really.

Ajsomfan said:
Rix said:

Thanks for the reply Rix, much appriciated. Hmm, you dont know where to buy these springs online? Can I switch them by myself, opr should I go to my local bikeshop? I searched around but for me, with basically no knowledge whatsoever of these kind of things, its pretty hard. I think the shock is called DNM burner RCP2?

I love the bike. I really enjoy seeing new areas just around the corner where i live. I can go around on forest trails and despite all the power the bike doesnt tear up the soil. Silent. Green. Its remarkable really.
this is where I got mine... https://em3ev.com/shop/dnm-burner-rcp3-rear-shock/ - I bought the 650lb with an extra 750lb spring in case I want to change it out (one of the options for extra $10)

Ajsomfan said:
Rix said:

PRW pointed out a source from China, from the US, you can use a Fox Spring for the DNM. Just make sure your order the correct spring for the correct length of shock you have on your Beta. http://www.jensonusa.com/Rear-Shock-Parts/MTB/650LB?noidx=1&by=Category

Hey guys, has anyone had similar issues with the screws that hold the rear wheel not lining up? K think it might be because the axle doesn't want to go any further down in the groove. Any help?

Ajsomfan said:

Click pic for bigger version.
Very nice bike ans scenic picture. Still a few months of good riding weather left in the northern hemisphere, feel free to post up more pics.

Cricket_Swe said:
Hey guys, has anyone had similar issues with the screws that hold the rear wheel not lining up? K think it might be because the axle doesn't want to go any further down in the groove. Any help?

rl]

I think you know the answer to your dilemma. Need to remove a little more material on both dropouts to make that axle fit. don't need to go any further up, just block shape the dropout so its perfectly square. The cromolly material is super tough, be patient is you do go this route.

Attachments

• dropout.jpg
    dropout.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,489
Ran into another issue. The Hope Tech 3 V4 broke doesn't fit the rear wheel because the QS 205 is too large. Do I need to fit some sort of spacer for the disc? That will make it very tight for the cable. The disc is a Hope vented rotor 203mm

you should be able to get a 2.2mm disk spacer and move the rotor away from the motor just far enough for the caliper to clear. http://www.ebikessf.com/disk-spacer

Keep in mind you may need to shave a little bit of material off of the caliper bracket to get the clearance you need for the caliper and bracket mount.

Thanks Rix, i guess I'll need to find a machinist to do that for me. Someone also recommended me this spacer which is Hope so I'll probably go for that one

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-rotor-spacer/rp-prod3288?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE-Shopping+QLB+Generic+Desktop&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|snPLHeobF_dc|pcrid|161849849736|pkw||pmt||prd|22163UK

Thats a wild looking rotor you got there cricket_swe.
On my MXUS v2 alpha, seutp i use a a couple of spaces as suggested to pop it out a bit. As for the caliper, just get the file out or an angle grinder if your keen. Its good to get brakes with narrow calipers if you can to begin with. I have about a 1-2mm gap to my mxus sideplate bolts, i could get different heads on the bolts for more clearence but it hasnt been an issue.

Today some bits n bobs turned up for my future customer builds... couldnt wait to see what the stance would be like so popped the rims in to see what its going to look like.
The fluro orange pops pretty hard.
Looks like the fork angle will be ok at around 70 degrees, I was a bit worried the fork might be a bit short, its a dirt jumper one. a manitou circus from crc. which i think should translate well in general for ebikes.

hope to get some DNM's later, but this should be the ticket for a demo bike / all round commuter / trail cruiser / light weight weapon, without breaking the budget. 8)

I've contacted a guy with a large to see if he can help me. I'm not sure if I have the skill to modify the adapter myself and get it perfect. I've also ordered new screws for the rotor with lower profile for the cable.

Lash, I'm unable to see the image in your post unfortunately.

Back