• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Suzuki Conversion

MDG

100 W
While I’m building my dads KLR250 conversion I’m also starting this Suzuki! This one is going to be reallllly fun once it’s done with these massive tires!

Running a 138 70h v3 as I have been. EM200 controller and custom Amorge battery. I don’t have exact battery specs yet but we settled on a size and shape which should yield around 40AH. I’ll need to trim the back side of the front fender a bit. I’ll make a battery box for the battery to sit in with an easy access door for removal. It’ll be powder coated black and custom graphics to match the bike.

Last edited:
Good choice to build upon, indeed you are right it looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Reactions: MDG
Absolutely awesome!
How do the reduction gears of these QS138 motors hold up over time? Does the noise stay tolerable and wear and tear reasonable?

Reactions: MDG
Absolutely awesome!
How do the reduction gears of these QS138 motors hold up over time? Does the noise stay tolerable and wear and tear reasonable?
Honestly really well. I’ve done 4 conversions now with these motors and they all kick ass. The noise is actually pretty quiet to what you’d think. You get a bit of chain noise but mainly hear the motor but it isn’t loud. I don’t have prolonged years of experience with these motors but from all I’ve seen and read they hold up very very well. I highly recommend them for a nice conversion.

Back