• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

* * * The 1000 Mile Club * * *

I just passed 10,000 miles on an E+/EMS M-750 with 1000W motor. The original motor, front hub/batteries, and wiring harness lasted 2 years and 8,000 miles, and were all replaced. I'm on my fourth display controller. Total cost has been $6,600 and I should get 16,000 miles out of it. That is $0.41 / mile.

In contrast, I estimate my 2012 Prius C will cost about $50,000 to go 160,000 miles or $0.31 / mile.

For me, the E+ has been way more fun and worth the extra $0.10 / mile. The down side is that the E+ requires much more owner maintenance, has much lower reliability/mile, and has very little support since E+ has gone out of business.

I remember reading this when i first found ES and thinking i'd like to make in the 10 mile club. It was 12 miles to work, sure was'nt fun pedaling extra 60lbs up hills, some pretty long when something went wrong, a couple of times was'nt even half way. if i would'nt have found you guys that bike would have been laying in a ditch somewhere. Now i have 1100+ with only one flat tire with ALOT of help from ES, Thank You

Yay, first 1000 miles.

null_zpsb5ac577c.jpg

Had a few gremlins that caused me to lose my cumulative miles, but I'm somewhere beyond 4500 miles on my ebike. Still love it, though no longer doing a daily commute, so the miles aren't adding up as quickly.

Number of cycles is wrong, but the rest is true:

1607.jpg

No problems so far, except for my DIY battery. LG elements seems to be much better than Konions.

Since I haven't been able to fix the issue with the CA not saving data properly on shutdown, due to being powered by the same 12V supply as my lights, which drains the cap too fast, I don't have an exact mileage total since using the V3. It's probably at least a couple thousand miles just on the V3 on CrazyBike2, not counting the multiple thousand miles before that on previous CA's and even before I had one, on that same bike.

But just since July, as I have a 20-mile-round-trip work commute, and I rack up at least 100 miles a week, I'm past another 1000 miles on CrazyBike2 as of last week, already another 60 this week (and will have at least another 25-30 before the end of it, between work commutes and side trips).

At a guess, I have about 5500-6000 miles on CrazyBike2's frame now, though many of it's other parts have been swapped out for various experiments or upgrades, since it was started around end of 2008/beginning of 2009. It might even be higher; I don't really know (most of my notes for such things were lost in the house fire. :( ).

I did 1677 miles on one bike – Merlin - one summer back in the mid-late 90s when I lived in Quebec City. I had a first gen KillAWatt and kept logbooks of voltages at start and end of ride, miles covered, etc. Cost $2.48 for the electricity for those miles. I kept that bike for 3 more years before selling it but after I had good numbers for range and speed, I didn`t bother with logging my trips. 24 volts and SLA.

In August I passed the magic 10 000 km on one of my electric scooters. 3750 km of them on a set of SLA, the others on LiFePO4-pack 48V35Ah. It is still going strong.
But now the season to commute electrically is over, although... I go by train now, in a way that is also commuting electrically.
Scooter_10000km_(800_x_600).jpg

Did you notice the digital voltmeter?

1000+ on my 48-15ah ping
just added a 24v ping to series.
Driving period between late april and early october.

If not due to BMS problems and bent rims I think this would be at 1500 already.
Just contacted my car insurance agent to get a discount for my low car mileage driving habits. :)

My EZIP Trailz, with Ping pack, just turned 2000km - on the bike computer, which was added after what I'd guess was about 350 miles of riding. The rear wheel is out of true, and the freewheels are making noise, but I'm still riding it often. I'll probably refurbish it this Winter with a new rear wheel assembly, and maybe add a front hubmotor...

As of today, I've got another 1300 miles on CrazyBike2 since the post above from Sept 10th. So that's 2300 miles since July, most of it in 10-mile increments, twice a day, for my 20-mile work commute's round trip. Probably about 6800-7300 miles total on the bike since I started building it.

980 Miles on my little 250w 36v ebike, I hope it still counts, it'll be 1000 tomorrow!

Is this only for electrics? My Cannondale road bike had over 20,000 miles on it before my odometer finally broke. I used to ride it about 200 miles a week back in the day. I don't ride it so much anymore because I quit racing and am more into cruiser and vintage bikes now, but it still rides great.

After 6 years & 20,000km without electric-assist:
From 21st August 2013 to Christmas Day, 1000 miles (1610km) on Trisled trike with 480W Cyclone, Lyen 3077 9FET controller, Ping 20Ah 24V battery, CA limited to 10A continuous.
Now 2000km.
CA limited to 10A continuous (up to 20A peak @24V).
Top speed (gravity-assist down steep hill, with passing Ferrari giving me a wave) - 70km/hr.
Top speed on motor/pedalling on flat - 48km/hr.
Top speed on motor/not-pedalling on flat - 31km/hr.
Wh/km, typically 2.0 - 3.5. Max - 5.4 (hilly, off-road rail-trail, 30km/hr - going for it, pedalling flat out & max throttle).
Max distance in one ride/one day - 86km (11.5Ah/303Wh@24V over 5 hours on hilly off-road rail-trail).
Total crashes - 2 - one high-speed flip (too fast 'round corner, barrel-rolled over a rock - GPS had me doing 32km/hr), one low-speed fall-over-on-side (too fast 'round sharp turn).
Punctures - one (front Schwalbe Kojak).
Tyre carcass failure - one (rear Schwalbe Marathon Supreme, belts let go and bulged the sidewall after too many rocks/branches/potholes@high-speed on off-road-rail-trails).
Would I do it on an upright 2-wheeler? Never!
Custom freewheel adapter & bearing support for Cyclone motor shaft (my design), with White Industries' ENO freewheel (18t) & Surly 18t motor-drive-sprocket showing NO wear after 2000km.
Cyclone gearbox inspected@1700km & also no wear.

My longtail just got in. 1200 logged miles, plus a few that were not logged. Just did the first tire replacement for wearing it out. Back tire wears fast, with that 25 pound hubmotor plus cargo.

Back