The Loop ! 4km Full throttle test video

Ypedal

Staff member
This is a 3.9 ( i call it 4km ) round trip. Fairly flat terrain and a few stops to turn right. I will be making a video of my bikes to compare speed, time, power consumption for each.

1st up .

Chopper !

Schwinn Stingray OCC edition frame
Rear crystalyte X5304 in 20" rim
72v 10ah PSI battery pack ( No BMS ! )
http://www.ypedal.com/PSIChopper/index.htm

[youtube]hoVzQAQlPQ8[/youtube]

AWESOME! That's kickass and bring it more vids :twisted:

The Chopper holds 60 km/h steady, and when REALLY windy will slow down to ~55 km/h. With more volts it goes faster !! but this is fast enough for a hardtail bike ! .. it gets to 60 in a heartbeat tho ! :twisted: .. and it's pretty much bulletproof as i let everyone try it and they all come back with the ev-grin / smirk /wattery eyes look lol..

Nice vid!

Looks like it pulls well getting up to speed. Time to pump up the voltage on that setup. :)

Part 2 !

The BMX has an E-Bikekit hub motor on the back, 48v 10ah Headway, crystalyte analogue controller with shunt bumped up for 45 amps

You can roughly gauge the speed by the hum of the motor and rear tire, notice how the speed will vary with wind and grade of the road, the 9C motor will bog down easier than the crystalyte . the big X5's tend to keep their RPM closer to no load and chew up amps to keep on going..

Feels alot faster on the BMX with no suspension at all and lower end V brakes, fun machine to rip around town on tho.. damn indestructable and nothing rattles. :twisted:

[youtube]uUIBteWJv6s[/youtube]

i love watching these vids...my favorite part in both is when you pass the cars heading under the underpass
it's like a racing move keep the speed up stay in tight to the corner and back to wot asap
nice vids

Nice videos Ypedal.

A couple of questions if I may:

What kind of camera?

The wind noise seems negligible and camera shake isn't bad although it seems shakier on the bmx.
How do you have the camera mounted?

Could you maybe take a picture of the camera when it's hooked up to you and you're on the bike?

:wink:
[youtube]MkTZ9Rtp8qs[/youtube]

The camera is a Fujifilm F700 , nothing fancy, but it takes fairly good video as long as it's sunny outside. The Mic is behind the camera and shielded by the wood backing on my mount, i get some wind noise but not as bad as i expected..

Great videos and capital idea with the wood shield for the mic!

I did something similar using a small tripod, but I like the board approach.

You might be able to stick some foam rubber on the board around the mike to make a wind shield.

Great clips Ypedal, and that cam view works out great. The only thing I keep waiting for is at least 1 power wheelie per loop during one of the take offs. No just pointing the camera at the sky either, get those handle bars up there. :mrgreen:

lol, nice vids Y, steve head's dirtmonkey, wow takes me back, ode to the "modfather" :)

D

Ypedal said:
The chopper will get the front end feeling light but it's all weight forward so not a wheelie machine by nature.

The RC bike however, pops wheelies off the line easily.. will try not to flip myself on my ass lol.. ( tho that would make entertaining video :oops: .. )

Don't forget to have the rear brake ready to go during wheelies to avoid the embarrassment of going over.

Ypedal said:
Lol.. the RC bike only has front brakes at the moment !! :lol:

Shame on you. What happens when that cable breaks? Stopping Flintstones style doesn't work very well.

Nice vids Y! Wow those little 3210's really scream don't they?! What sort of freewheel crank bearing are you using on the RC bike? Is that a SBP HD freewheel or a regular ENO that you modified?

Back