TSDZ2 (36V 250W) VLC5 to VLC6 Conversion

One week ago I built my first eBike conversion, a 2009 Trek Fuel (full sus mtb) + TSDZ2 36v 250w (vlcd5 display) + 36V20Ah(740Wh) battery from YOSE POWER. I have completed a snag free and very pleasant gentle 165km(~103miles) in the first week. Compared to average on this forum I'm probably a very light user of the motor just using it to compensate for my physical difficulties to make cycling practical again, (I had to stop normal biking 8years ago due to health and mobility problems).

In summary for my needs the practical aspects of the conversion is perfect, only the aesthetics could be improved...

I don't like the large central display (VLCD5), I do like the look of the combined display and easy access control know as the VLCD6, it looks barely bigger than a cheap mid 90s bike computer and has all the features I need (and more!). I ​cannot find this display listed anywhere as a 36v 250w controller option. I would like to run stock Tongsheng 36v 250w firmware as it suits my needs perfectly.

> Does anyone know if VLCD6 is available with a stock 36v 250w firmware? If so is there any recommended source I'm missing that would supply this plug and play with the right firmware.
> Failing that is the 36v 250w stock firmware and tools available to flash onto this unit, ad where would I find the tools.

> Unrelated is it possible to set the odo to the number of km you want? (I see the odo as a useful pre-emptive service indicator)

many thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

(before I get shouted at... I tried searching this forum already and just swamped myself in the opensource firmware thread.)

I_Like_Pedalling said:
> Does anyone know if VLCD6 is available with a stock 36v 250w firmware? If so is there any recommended source I'm missing that would supply this plug and play with the right firmware.

As far as I’m aware any stock display should work with any stock firmware - the motor firmware is different for different voltages and powers, but the display stays the same, and the fairly simple protocol for communication between the two stays the same.

Ouw amazing, thanks Blacklite, This is great news!

I thought the motor control logic was actually in the display unit rather than the motor.

I'll order a diddy display/control button unit right away

Back