TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Sorry, completely forgot to actually get around to testing the SW102 v2 over Christmas, but I see others have flashed the new model anyway. Yes it works.

Over the Christmas break i finally got around to tidying up the wiring to transfer to a new bike, and decided to use a Bafang 1T4 cable. This bit of the wiki is a bit unclear, so here is the wiring option for making an 8-pin Bafang 1T4 cable work with the TSDZ2 8 pin. I just cut the Male end off the standard Bafang 1T4, and also a Female end off an 8 pin extension.

20220205022918-a27b7980-xl.jpg

TSDZ2 Bafang 1T4
Blue Orange
Green Brown
Red White
Black Black
White Green
Yellow Yellow
Orange Red
Brown Blue

Of critical use here were the 8 pin HIGO image on the Github wiki, and also this Bafang wiring diagram:
20220205023601-a48f8168.jpg

Hopefully that will help with questions like above, and also as a replacement for the now out of stock cable from a couple of suppliers.

my friend bought a tsdz in a set with a 850c display. uploaded by applications for lcd 850 1.1 and unfortunately the display does not want to turn on. communication is there, we tried to upload from mbrusy 20.1.3c in version 2021. after uploading it also does not work. what's the problem?

850C for TSDZ2, it works with the Java Configurator version, without flashing the display.
If you want to flash the display for v20.1C.3 instead, there are problems.
Read this page and contact those who have already tried if they solved.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110682&p=1687774#p1687774

Hoping someone could help me out, got the 860c pre-flashed screen from https://www.eco-ebike.com/products/860c-display-for-tsdz2-with-open-source-firmware?_pos=5&_sid=62a3a6129&_ss=r and the tsdz2 cable now they say it comes with the latest software and to flash the latest firmware to tsdz2 which as far as I can see is TSDZ2-v1.1.1.hex from here https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/Color_LCD/releases using this guide vhttps://www.eco-ebike.com/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2-motor-firmware-programming
I also tried v1.1.0.hex but the same error appears.

but I get a tsdz2 firmware error when I turn on the display

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 3,311
  • 20220214_153250.jpg
    20220214_153250.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 3,311
blue.glaucus said:
Hoping someone could help me out, got the 860c pre-flashed screen from https://www.eco-ebike.com/products/860c-display-for-tsdz2-with-open-source-firmware?_pos=5&_sid=62a3a6129&_ss=r and the tsdz2 cable now they say it comes with the latest software and to flash the latest firmware to tsdz2 which as far as I can see is TSDZ2-v1.1.1.hex from here https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/Color_LCD/releases using this guide vhttps://www.eco-ebike.com/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2-motor-firmware-programming
I also tried v1.1.0.hex but the same error appears.

but I get a tsdz2 firmware error when I turn on the display

Firmware versions much match exactly. There are different branches/developers for the OSF project. The manual links and programming articles have now (JUST now) been updated with links to the v20.1C.3 version, which IMO function all around better than the 1.1....

Hey folks,

I have been running the 1.1 firmware with great success, but in the last couple weeks I've had this odd issue where the state of charge keeps resetting to 89%.

For example, I'll fully charge the battery, display shows 100% state of charge and I take it for a 10mi ride, and the state of charge goes down to say 70% during the trip. Then I turn off the system and turn it on again and it's at 89%. And it keeps doing displaying 89% every time I turn it on until the battery is totally drained and the power cuts out.

Any ideas? I'm using the 806C display.

thanks!

OSF V20.1C.3

I have a question when it comes to set MIN and MAX torque.

I have placed my foot and my weight on the left pedal (horizontal) position, when I monitored the torque reading in the menu under the variables I think it was I got 287 or something, then I updated the "Torque ADC max" from 300 to 287.

But I have problem to figure out how to set the Torque ADC min ? is it calibrate the min by it self or someting ?

Thank you all.

gordone said:
OSF V20.1C.3
You should not ask here, as this thread is not for that firmware version.

anszom said:

Hello Anszom,

Could you please tell me, which open source Controller Firmware works perfectly with your SW102 FW? Or could link the right FW?
I don't find any specific info about it. 😕

Would you say the your display code works fine? Or are there any issues?

At what I see, I think I would like your display code the most.

Thanks in advance!

ChristianKi said:
anszom said:

Hello Anszom,

Could you please tell me, which open source Controller Firmware works perfectly with your SW102 FW? Or could link the right FW?

Thanks in advance!
It is unfortunately casainhos 1.1.0 Firmware only yet.

Peacepirate said:
ChristianKi said:
anszom said:

Hello Anszom,

Thanks in advance!
Thanks!

Are there any code issues? Or does it work fine?

ChristianKi said:
Peacepirate said:
ChristianKi said:
anszom said:

Hello Anszom,

Thanks in advance!
Thanks!

More stable than the original firmware. I didnt experience any issue.

Peacepirate said:
ChristianKi said:
Peacepirate said:
ChristianKi said:
Hello Anszom,

Thanks in advance!
Thanks!

More stable than the original firmware. I didnt experience any issue.

OK. But now I have a issue....

I flashed casainhos SW102 Firmware successfully. But I have absolutely no idea what file I have to use to BLE flash the sw102 with anszom FW and the nRF connect app.
I think it should be a zip file. But I don't see any zip at anszoms github page. 😕

Woly said:
I think it should be a zip file. But I don't see any zip at anszoms github page.

Try https://github.com/anszom/SW102_LCD/releases/tag/v1.1.0-qq2

Thanks! I don't understand why I don't find it myself....

But now there is another issue. 🙈
The nRF Connect App wouldn't flash the sw102.

At the eggrider it works fine last year. But this time it would not.

I press M and then also Power for more then 8sec. The app connect. I could select the FW. And then there happens nothing....

Anyone any idea?

screenshot_20220410-12gj5x.png

screenshot_20220410-1jjjvi.png

screenshot_20220410-1ogknp.png

Issues solved. All works fine! Really sexy code! 😉

I first I testet the standart 1.1.0 FW. This works with nRF connect.
Then then I've testet the anszom FW again. And now this works also without any issue. Thanks for your support guys!

In the next fes days I want to order a tsdz2.
Up to now there is a bbs02 at the bike. I've build this bike with all cablas hidden inside the tube. So I don't want to solder a new harness and also don't want to cut the Bafang 4T1 plug.
So I have to build a adapter cable from the tsdz2 8 pin plug to the 4T1 plug.

Is the 4T1 plug the same as the tsdz2 8-pin plug? If I look at some pics, I think so.... It looks like the bafang 4T1 it's the is the male and at the tsdz2 it's also the male version. So I need two female plugs. Which I have because I have several died bafang controllers.

Am I right?

Hi! I have a problem with my TSDZ2 coaster brake motor and would need some help. :roll:

I installed a TSDZ2 coaster brake version to my bike in this week and flashed it with the OSF 1.1.1. When I try to stop pedalling, motor pushes pedals forward quite forcefully and I have to push back to stop them. Especially using higher assist levels it is hard to stop pedalling because the motor kicks back so hard. Does anybody has had similar problem? Any ideas how to solve it or which direction should I go?

In the coaster brake version of the motor there is no sprang clutch (crankset freewheel) so it's normal that the pedals move always when the motor moves. Somehow it feels like the motor would lack to regognize when I'm going to stop pedaling. I have to really resist the pedal movement so that motor will stop pushing. It's only small amount a time, maybe a second or so that the motor stops. Anyway it feels very disturbing and even dangerous. I have read that there might be a slight delay in motor cutoff when you stop pedaling but I think this is something different.

I have done heat dissipation improvement, torque sensor calibration and installed motor temperature sensor. During the temperature sensor installation I ended up to change the controller to a new one because the temperature sensor gave weird values and I thought the controller was broken. Recently I found that it probably wasn't the case: it seems like the coaster brake version of the controller have one extra pull up resistor that affects to the temperature sensor values (see posts here and here). Anyway, the point is that I have changed the controller to a 6pin basic one (It's an old type). It shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Technical specs:
  • Motor: TSDZ2 36V Coaster brake version (firmware: TSDZ2-v1.1.1.hex, found here)
  • Display: 860C (firmware: 860C_v1.1.0-bootloader.bin, found here)
  • Battery Voltage: 48V
  • The motor and the controller are at least two years old but they are new, never used before
  • Coast brake setting is enabled
  • Motor voltage setting is 36V
  • Changing the Coast brake ADC setting doesn't affect the problem
  • I have done torque sensor calibration and enabled the setting, it didn't solve the problem

I would appreciate any comments or advice. Thank you!

Hi. Is there a version of the "Ebike Wireless" app that works with the Bluetooth of the SW102 displays?

Eventually it seems to have worked:

https://youtube.com/shorts/0rlo1Xn28W0?feature=share

The video name at least suggests that it worked once (Name of the Video: OpenSource EBike app (TSDZ2 and SW102) - wireframes design). Or do I need a wireless adapter?

However, the current App version doesn't work with the SW102.

Greetings Christoph

Chri_Tof said:
Hi. Is there a version of the "Ebike Wireless" app that works with the Bluetooth of the SW102 displays?...
The video name at least suggests that it worked once (Name of the Video: OpenSource EBike app (TSDZ2 and SW102) - wireframes design). Or do I need a wireless adapter?.....
The only wireless is from Casainho's build, that does work with a bluetooth interface board. Also there is mspider65 version.
imho it was never possible to use the bluetooth of the SW102 for that.
There was once tried to use an Android app. but that is imho never finished.
I think the video is from that attempt.

Elinx said:
Chri_Tof said:
Hi. Is there a version of the "Ebike Wireless" app that works with the Bluetooth of the SW102 displays?...
The video name at least suggests that it worked once (Name of the Video: OpenSource EBike app (TSDZ2 and SW102) - wireframes design). Or do I need a wireless adapter?.....
The only wireless is from Casainho's build, that does work with a bluetooth interface board. Also there is mspider65 version.
imho it was never possible to use the bluetooth of the SW102 for that.
There was once tried to use an Android app. but that is imho never finished.
I think the video is from that attempt.

Thank you for the explanation.

Hey Guys,

Today I flashed a P850C i bought from PSW with the 1.1.0 version. Unfortunately the display does not turn on when I hit the power button.
To make sure nothing is wrong with the connection I ve tried a display I had allready flashed and it worked.
Then I ve flashed a second one and it also does not turn on….
Is there a new hardware revision where the software does not work any more? :confused:
Or is there a work around for that problem?

I hope you can help me.

BR Konstantin

Kollins said:
Hey Guys,

Today I flashed a P850C i bought from PSW with the 1.1.0 version. Unfortunately the display does not turn on when I hit the power button.
To make sure nothing is wrong with the connection I ve tried a display I had allready flashed and it worked.
Is there a new hardware revision where the software does not work any more? :confused:

I hope you can help me.

BR Konstantin
Exact same issue. I did the operation in 2020 or 2019 and it worked great. With a newer 850C display (for another bike), the bootloader worked fine, but no image when booting the screen. There might be a hardware update on theses display. Not sure if we could rely on theses anymore provided new device seems not backward compatible regarding software.

Lubin said:
Kollins said:
Hey Guys,

I hope you can help me.

BR Konstantin
Exact same issue. I did the operation in 2020 or 2019 and it worked great. With a newer 850C display (for another bike), the bootloader worked fine, but no image when booting the screen. There might be a hardware update on theses display. Not sure if we could rely on theses anymore provided new device seems not backward compatible regarding software.

There is a hardware update 2021 version of the 850 display. I think only MBrusa has released a firmware that works with these displays.

Back