TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Thank you so much.
I have tested the values you have given me and there is still not much difference between level 1 and 2.
#define ASSIST_PEDAL_LEVEL01_PERCENT 50.
The battery level seems to be correct.
Thanks again.

Can anyone confirm that the VLCD-12 display is supported by the current "TSDZ2 OSF for all displays"? The VLCD-12 hardly seems to be mentioned but it is a standard Tongsheng display. I have a new TSDZ2B with this color display. I don't know whether this vlcd12 is covered or only the few displays listed in the thread title. Thanks much!

I don't know the VLCD10 display, but if it works with Tonsheng protocol, it should just be a settings issue.
What I wrote about VLCD10 also applies to VLCD12 and to all displays with Tonsheng protocol.

You can try, if there is something wrong or you don't like it, you can go back to stock firmware.
Remember that you need to save it (three files) before flashing OSF.

does any one know how to flash the latest 860c 1.3 veresion to OSF ? seems it can not fit after flashing.

Hi @mbrusa; winter is in full swing 😊. Will you be able to do the Version4 updates for the std. displays? I am hoping you will find the time. (I have now reverted both my & my wives bike from mspiders esp32 setup back to yours, because I like the minmalistic approach. But I am missing now the last parts of efficiency-improvements from the mspider / your Version4 approach. It would be so nice to have that available on the std xh18 asp displays.
Do you see a chance to work on that?
All the best to you!

Hi @endlessolli.
I think you have to wait longer.
As I have already written, the priority is for 860C and until the new version is ready, the one for XH18 remains on hold.
However, development for the 860C, albeit a bit slowly, continues.
This is the testing station.

Attachments

• SDC15836.JPG
    SDC15836.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Hi @endlessolli.
I think you have to wait longer.
As I have already written, the priority is for 860C and until the new version is ready, the one for XH18 remains on hold.
However, development for the 860C, albeit a bit slowly, continues.
This is the testing station.
This looks impressive!
And sure - I will wait. No problem. I am happy that it seems to be still on you project list. Thanks for everything you did already!

Hello @sigi49. Check on the display if the value of "Pedal torque ADC offset", with free pedals and "Pedal torque ADC max", with maximum effort, correspond to those entered.
Hello,
So i checked some time ago and the problem is now gone since i disabled the Assist w/opedal rotation. probably a faulty calibration or something i think. When i get the time to check further into it i let you know. thanks for the help

we bought it from the link below...
This looks a display specific for the Tsdz2 stock firmware.
Imho you can't flash this display version and must use it with the java OSF version for tsdz2 displays and flash the controller only.

we bought it from the link below, can we send you the display if you can test it and offer a correct program? we can pay .
The 860C versions with TSDZ2 protocol were never flashable.
I don't know if it depends on the hardware or the software.
The only possibility is to use the OSF version with the Java configurator and flash only the motor controller.

Hello,
Today i test some configuration. When i change my speed quickly (from easy to harder), the motor made a strange noise and there is only low power. I must stop pedaling to retreive the good power à no noise on motor. It Seam to be a electrical noise, not mecanical noise.
Does sombody have the same probleme? and how to correct him
Thanks.

Hello,
Today i test some configuration. When i change my speed quickly (from easy to harder), the motor made a strange noise and there is only low power. I must stop pedaling to retreive the good power à no noise on motor. It Seam to be a electrical noise, not mecanical noise.
Does sombody have the same probleme? and how to correct him
Thanks.

I think if the noise/powerloss is intermittent the issue is the torque sensor/shaft. Maybe a weak contact at the hall sensor.

I have two TSDZ2 motors flashed with OSF, both using VLDC5.

On one, I've noticed that the VLCD5 does not display the usual sequence of numbers on power-up. It just powers up. It should end with 10.0 and then the voltage, right? Also, if I press the lights button, I do not see the E02, EO3 appropriate for the assist level, nor any of the display data. However, the assist does work and I can change levels. Thrttle works too, though in the past it has shut off. If I disconnect the battery and power up to drain any residual voltage, reconnecting the battery allows the controller to boot normally.

Is this an impending sign of failure? I ordered a spare controller, just in case.

Hello, is it possible to use this latest version (v20.1C.2-update-2) without a speed sensor or is this required for function? I was using an older version of OSF and tried this latest version in hybrid mode and it was AMAZING, except for the E0.8 error shutting off power constantly.

This bike is used off-road and I have no need to know my speed, on rough terrain I would be very worried about the speed sensor becoming dislodged/misaligned from the rough surface or during jumps.

I thought a previous version had a setting to allow assist even with the E0.8 error, but I don't see it in the latest version. Thank you.

It is no longer difficult, it is different, the parameters are always enabled / disabled in the same menu position.
Read the manual well, EN-Operating_manual_of _display-TSDZ2-v20.1C for stock displays.
At level 1, Street / Offroad always changes with E02 / E02 flashing, while with E03 / E03 flashing, "Startup boost" is enabled / disabled.
When editing a parameter, in addition to the code to identify it, the status of the parameter is now also displayed.
The first time the light button is pressed (on), the current status is displayed, the second time (off) and with a flashing code, the new changed status is displayed.
With XH18, the code and status are in two different fields and therefore are displayed at the same time.
With VLCD5 / 6, the code and status alternate as they are displayed in the same speed field.
Hi mate, thanks for your great work to bring OSF to this amazing conversion kit. Do you have any idea why my XH18 display keeps resetting the odemeter to previous reading? For instance, if I start riding at 4km, after rding 20km, and power off the motor, the next time I power it up, the reading would be 4km not 24km. This is very strange, which I didn't have when using VLCD5.

I'm insulted....
That was not my intention. But I did ask because you said you had two Tsdz2 motors and the second does work, besides some expected values on display, which is also the case with stock FW.
So there might have been a possibility that flashing OSF was not successful, even though you had that assumption.

I'm happy for you that the motor does work as expected for now.
What exactly is the reason is just a guess if you can't reproduce this over again.
There could be also a timing problem with the display at startup.

You've already been asked a question:
"Did you purchase the motor and display in one kit?"
And I add:
"Is the engine working with stock firmware and 860C display?"

If the answers are yes, you must use this OSF:
Release Open source firmware TSDZ2-v20.1C.2-update-2 VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 · emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1
and only the motor flashes.

If not, you have to use this:
Release Open source firmware TSDZ2-v20.1C.4-860C-update-4 · emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C
and both motor and display flash.
Thank you. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you VERY much for your work on this project. I am using it, and it's adding to my quality of life. I appreciate it.

Since I bought the motor and controller a la carte from China, not as a kit, neither the motor nor the display were upgraded from the stock firmware. I used v20.1C.4-860-C-update-4 (dated November 10, 2023). I'm still learning about the settings, but things are going well.

Hi mate, thanks for your great work to bring OSF to this amazing conversion kit. Do you have any idea why my XH18 display keeps resetting the odemeter to previous reading? For instance, if I start riding at 4km, after rding 20km, and power off the motor, the next time I power it up, the reading would be 4km not 24km. This is very strange, which I didn't have when using VLCD5.
If you turn off the display before disconnecting the battery, and the odometer does not store the reading, there is a problem with the display.
Odometer storage does not depend on OSF.

Back