Vector bike and frame owners.

ozman said:
I just took both my frames to the local bike shop and had them fit the headsets and the forks for me
I am pretty sure it was a standard 1 1/8 headset i think the head tube of the frame had a 34mm ID
I think Artur is selling headsets you should contact him

Thanks man. Seems it will fit as the ID is 34mm.
http://www.fullspeedahead.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/122_NO.15.pdf

Does anyone know if there are different sizes on the square tapered cranks? Or if the square part is the same size on all square cranksets?

macribs said:
ozman said:
I just took both my frames to the local bike shop and had them fit the headsets and the forks for me
I am pretty sure it was a standard 1 1/8 headset i think the head tube of the frame had a 34mm ID
I think Artur is selling headsets you should contact him

Thanks man. Seems it will fit as the ID is 34mm.
http://www.fullspeedahead.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/122_NO.15.pdf

Does anyone know if there are different sizes on the square tapered cranks? Or if the square part is the same size on all square cranksets?

They all pretty much the same size. But they are not the same in terms how dip the can sit on axel. We use shimano nexus 38T.

Hm local shop asking 650$ for that shimano nexus crankset. That is more then the frame itself. If I was a thief I would rob em blind for having prices like that. But as a grumpy old man at least I can choose not to support them.

I can however get a Sugino crankset 52t for 40$. Unused but a year old. Anyone tried these on the Vector frame?

ck1016.jpg

I got a heavy duty freewheel from sickbikeparts with 5 holes sprocket. I will see if I can make it work for freewheeling the front sprocket. I prefer a single sprocket in the rear, what would be a good match tooth count to go with the 52t front? To ghost pedal in > 40 mph? If I can't make if work on the crank I guess rear freewheel it is then.

And what kind of chain? In my dirt bike days o-ring chain was the tit, is it anything like that for bicycles? Or BMX chain maybe? Or just the cheapest one since I will not do much pedaling except ghost-pedaling :)

IMG_0083.JPG

If the crankset sucks I can replace later when my financial situation has improved. Now I just focus on getting this together so I can enjoy it before winter hits :)

I only use the crankset to rest my feet on, so I bought the cheapest I could find on ebay (same for the chain) :D. I did have to get a tensioner because I couldn't get the right length without one. I got one of those, of course, from ebay.

@macribs
I purchased a 52t crankset but i dont think it is going to work as will hit the frame :evil:
I think this is why everyone is using 38t on the Vector
Maybe Moonshine or Kiwiev can guide us on this because now i need to buy two more cranksets that will work
If someone can post a link to some cranksets that are known to work with the Vector frame it would be much appreciated

ozman said:
@macribs
I purchased a 52t crankset but i dont think it is going to work as will hit the frame :evil:
Maybe Moonshine or Kiwiev can guide us on this because now i need to buy two more cranksets that will work
If someone can post a link to some cranksets that are known to work with the Vector frame it would be much appreciated

Is that a Single 52T or the large Chainring on a triple? -

I am thinking a triple on the front with as large as possible of an outer Chainring, and a single speed 12T Freewheel on the rear (motor).

If using a triple Chainring, what is the largest tooth-count?

+1 looking for the same info :)

teslanv said:
ozman said:
@macribs

I am thinking a triple on the front with as large as possible of an outer Chainring, and a single speed 12T Freewheel on the rear (motor).

teslanv said:
ozman said:
@macribs

it was a single speed crankset with a 52t chainring

How are you guys fixing the batteries to the frame? (I ll use 40x 4s 20c hardcases)
My first idea as to use hellerman ties but I dont really see a way to tie all the batteries to the frame.
Second idea was to use double sided taped to attach all batteries to the battery tray and the tray to the frame, but I really dont think the tape will be strong enough to hold the tray to the frame because there is just a area of contact, frame sides bars are 15mm each.

HI artur,

Can you send a pic because I really cant see a way to use zip ties with 40 hardcases.

Artur said:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=8e970ef79f&view=fimg&th=14ef993c3db224fd&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1508592825047005579-local0&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ9OFIn0cGJ-UJVjsK7h_YI4DAviziqQ6NX2QsN9WIdxMCcaYCVANSYhi6qq7zJEVO6HOS7Okf1N-Kl8Oz3jIffqyh8t_e4WOMbmhP1wKCeDeEJTCJ3N1aPIcDo&ats=1438706298932&rm=14ef993c3db224fd&zw&sz=w1893-h958[img][/quote]

Image link is broken

sh33p said:

What are the specifications for that pack?

I think Arturs pack is 22s 10p Samsung 20R
Have a look at the 1st page of the Vector sales thread he has them for sale $650.00
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61259

Are you guys using a DC circuit breaker? Im asking because I got one and im not sure if the battery side should be 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 (gessing its 1 and 3).
Can anyone shed some light? (picture attached)

Attachments

• DC-Breaker.jpg
    DC-Breaker.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 5,400
It doesn't matter, it did 20yrs ago, but not anymore.(PS. I'm not familiar with the brand you have) The "most correct" is to connect your battery to 2 and 4, and your load to 1 and 3. Get a 35mm DIN rail to mount the cb. Btw.That cb you have may be too big for your battery.

qwøck said:
It doesn't matter, it did 20yrs ago, but not anymore.(PS. I'm not familiar with the brand you have) The "most correct" is to connect your battery to 2 and 4, and your load to 1 and 3. Get a 35mm DIN rail to mount the cb. Btw.That cb you have may be too big for your battery.

That was my thinking before seeing this.
[youtube]Cup5fMGaE2g[/youtube]
I wanted a B curve or Z curve DC breaker but was not able to order it in time (might switch it later on). I ll be running Max-e at 160 bat amps so I dont think the breaker is that big.

gensem said:
qwøck said:

That was my thinking before seeing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cup5fMGaE2g
I wanted a B curve or Z curve DC breaker but was not able to order it in time (might switch it later on). I ll be running Max-e at 160 bat amps so I dont think the breaker is that big.

It all comes down to: I could not find the datasheet for your MCB, that is not a good sign. To be sure that this is the right breaker for you, you need the datasheet. Keep the + to the right, and you should be good.

:)
I probably spoke too soon, heard this from a college a long time ago. I´m not used to anything else than 48v dc.
To be honest, I have never used an dc specific MCB. At work we deliver safety equipment for the offshore industry, and we use MCB´s that are labeled 400v ac, to secure dc circuits.
So every circuit breaker we have is ac/dc combined. They are rated 400v ac and 110v dc! 15kA ac(fewer trips than at 10kA ac, which it is labled) and 10kA dc.
Most of the time you will find "DC operation" in the datasheet. example. http://cenika.ipb.no/files/documents/produktark/NB1.pdf
I think a dc breaker has a magnet to "attract the spark to one side" or something, and extinguish the arc. The video example only had it the correct way on the + side? Or maybe it was not rated for 400v dc.
My guess: DC specific circuit breakers are made for high voltage, so they have a lot of DC disconnecting power, only difference.

A DC arc is continuous and is difficult to break because of the constant high voltage that makes the air a leader when two different potentials is too close. An AC arc is easier to extinguish because it goes to 0v 50-60 times a minute, and when it goes to 0v, the arc goes out.

I have a c50 breaker now, and it is kind of scary, because my battery is 5ah,70v. I think the fuse will hold the current for too many seconds. It does not deliver enough power to make it go out electronically, only thermic. But i´m waiting for a new battery, so i´ll take the risk in the meantime.

Adaptto recommends two ordinary c63 1p in parallel for max-e. You don´t need to break the - . But you should really calculate battery min. Amp, and compare to your circuit breaker.
I forgot this was the vector thread, not the circuit breaker thread :roll:

As far as mud guards I got on eBay see my Vector thread.
They are Moto but bolt on to DNM front forks. The rear I had to fabricate a bracket to seat mount

Cheers Kiwi

Routybouty said:
What mud guards are everyone using? Mine is starting to get really dirty!

I got these on eBay $45 each a bargain

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 5,286
  • IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 5,286
Back