Xiongda 2-speed motor

How are people finding these? I have always had deep respect for d8veh since the q100 days. I have a 700c fixie with no gears and i would like hills as well as cruising.

Are they still reliable folks?
If so I may look at a group buy or alibaba deal as it seems a nice alternative to bbs01.

Me too Sam, I was looking for something slightly more exciting yet legal. I have a mac, probably going to be relatively spoiled but can't risk any legal dramas using it much around town.

So I have one and their controller. Got the last bits in to build it into my 27.5 SS charge cooker, just need to find the time.
Certainly easy to deal with the factory (direct).

Luna Cycle just posted info about them testing a different 2 speed motor they will be selling over at:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58490&start=1125

Mate i am interested in the xiongda. This whole place has turned into a link-shill for luna.

Anyone ran one a few years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no sam everyone forgot about it for a few years...

and Luna picked up the ball and made it better and now anyone can buy one at a reasonable price in a complete kit....

what we have no is the xiongda made to our specs with a few improvments, our own controller, and color display and higo connectors.

do you have a big problem with that?

In the spirit of giving back to the community - what did you change? Will you say the here or not?

Did you change the internals or just the higo and controllers?

Meanwhile 125USD from factory plus 25 controller and 28USD plus only 65 postage direct. I will try one on my new train commuter bike.

we put a lot of work into making this drive a reliable refined kit....

it has such refined features as a self diagnostic mode...

the tiny 20 amp sine wave controller is one made for us specific for this motor....

Its gonna be hard for you SAM to find on alibaba.

Higo connectors were not easy to pull off....

IF there is a better hub motor kit available.... especially at this price point.... honestly i dont know of one.... our mark up is too small and our effort is too big.

Sam why cant you give us a fist pump for offering one of the most refined hub motor kits ever offered instead of continuing to bring us down? I am sure you can find other hub motor sellers to bully who deserve it if you try.

Mate I just want a small hub commuter for my new job - train commuter. Its not about you fella. Check my post time. I beat your announcement by a few hours. I am not psychic or a hacker. Its a genuine interest in the xiongda.

I sold my q100 as the top speed was too low.

Lets hope this works out to be a great product.

Is it really sine or just high frequency square? My infineon dyno tests to dat suggest it may not be sine.

I'm not really interested in the kit, but the motor behind it.
I looked up specs on the motor and was not really impressed by it. Seems to be 360w rated on 36v with the default winding, according to the green line that xiongda highlighted.

This motor.. with a winding change and some fatter wires.. might do 450w-500w continuous on 48 or 52 volts at best. much beyond that you are looking at a quick overheat.

Here is the dyno graph i stole from alibaba and reconstituted into 1 image:

xiongda.gif

Admittedly the 2 speed action is kind of cool for climbing hills and i kind of want one... but MACs are still a tasty choice for the same purposes.

Samd said:
Mate I just want a small hub commuter for my new job - train commuter. Its not about you fella. Check my post time. I beat your announcement by a few hours. I am not psychic or a hacker. Its a genuine interest in the xiongda.

We announced our kit on our Luna Cycle facebook page on December 17th..... you know this..... so how did you beat my annoucment here on ES 3 days later.... you have some agenda against Luna Cycle and its obvious. Perhaps because you are a competing dealer and we opened a branch in Australia.

Jeebus!

We chatted about it after this post in August.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82050&start=75&hilit=xiongda

Attachments

• keep-calm-cause-the-boogie-man-isn-t-in-your-closet.png
    keep-calm-cause-the-boogie-man-isn-t-in-your-closet.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 3,518
Sam Said this:
Samd said:

I sold my q100 as the top speed was too low.

Lets hope this works out to be a great product.

Is it really sine or just high frequency square? My infineon dyno tests to dat suggest it may not be sine.

Ours is a true sine wave controller made just for us and a display made for us.... if you guys want i can post some video of the color display function..its pretty amazing.

Green Machine said:
Ours is a true sine wave controller made just for us and a display made for us.... if you guys want i can post some video of the color display function..its pretty amazing.
Post it!

It'll be a high frequency six step if the factory is shipping "sine" with an infineon chip. Its ok though i think thats the best match. True sine with a risc chip would cost many hundreds more.

Although when I dyno'd the macs and the new "sine" kh6 infineons i got a very minimal noise and backlash reduction. About 2db. On a DD hub motor you can get away with calling them sinusoids because they are so damn quiet even though its just the clock turned up by a significant amount.

Given these are only a few hundred landed from the xionda factory i will grab one and dyno it up on a few controllers. Will be interesting to see what they ship standard. Would be nice if its as quiet as a bbs01 and somewhat cheaper.

Hey Sam i have no idea what you are talking about. You are super smart guy and talk smart guy talk i just talk real talk.

Here is a hill climb test were we climb a substantial hill at 850 watt continuous with a suprising result:

[youtube]1JVfWSlaW5U[/youtube]

i thought we would smoke the hub bike...we end up smoking the cyclone we are riding with....

Easy enough to see if it's a real sine wave using an oscilloscope. I tested the inexpensive sine wave controllers from Powervelocity and they were actually sine wave, or at least close enough. You can definitely tell by the motor noise also. With a DD hub motor, the sine wave controllers make it completely silent. Very different from a trapezoidal controller. So there is a way to do it cheap without using true FOC.

Yeah i use the same platform as PV - there are about ten sources of that board and chip now. If you zoom in they have just turned the clock speed up but thats ok as I said.

Totally silent on my DD. But the data above is for gearmotors. I also have a bpm data set somewhere.

I've attached two photos of my easy home-made tool to open the cover on the Xiongda 2-speed motor. I used two stainless steel M5 screws.

Attachments

• 20170422_190842 reduced.jpg
    20170422_190842 reduced.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 2,338
  • 20170422_190906 reduced.jpg
    20170422_190906 reduced.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,338
bleedpurple said:
I've attached two photos of my easy home-made tool to open the cover on the Xiongda 2-speed motor. I used two stainless steel M5 screws.

Thanks for pointing out how unobservant I am, bp :D I opened my XD up just last week, banging on 2 screws much like yours. When I put it all back, I didn't get it tight, and it's a funny feeling starting out and seeing it tighten up in front of you. 5' away from my work bench was a piece of scrap just like yours. Great, common sense hack...

That is clever. Thanks as I believe it will work not only for my xiongda but for my Cute 100H also.
otherDoc

I think I will try out one of these motors. They are $125 USD and $53 for LCD and Controller. Still less than 1 bafang motor of equal power, They are $190-$198 for 135mm models.

Back