suggest Battery

amosthedog

1 mW
I have a Bafang G310 Fast Wind (10.6 rpm/V) Geared Hub Motor Prelaced in 20" Alex DM18 Rim and running LIGO 98w batteries with Anderson connectors, on a Bike Friday.

I would like to save those Ligo's for air travel and buy another one to use during daily rides and/or when I travel by car.

Can you suggest other batteries that are bigger, not too too heavy and have a higher range?

thanks!

Andrea

First you need to figure out exactly how much battery capacity you want. To figure this out, consider HOW FAR you want to go at WHAT SPEEDS under WHICH CONDITIONS, including ELEVATION. We can tell you which battery is a good match for that riding.

Right now, I get approx. 40 miles on 3, 98W LIGO batteries. The terrain is Dallas, Texas so not very hilly. I use as much pedal assist as possible. i would like to get 50-60 miles without worrying about battery power. 14-17mph is sufficient. Elevation is 514 feet and may rise on average 500-700 feet.

Hope this helps with your response. Thanks

I'm giving these guys a chance I order but haven't received so really don't know yet.
https://bicyclemotorworks.com/product/52v-12-5ah-samsung-25r-lithium-ion-e-bike-battery/

So what voltage are the Ligo?

You want to stick with that or go higher for more speed?

If staying at that voltage, then 300 Wh (not watts) is what you have now, you figure around 500Wh will be enough?

Thanks all for the comments. You guys/gals are a lot more savvy on WH, AH, etc., than I. "4p of a 10amp 3500mah battery", is another language to me.

My Ligo's are 98W each. They can fly in carry on bags. I want to be sure the bottle battery I get is not too much for my motor (36V, 12 amp Bafang G310 Fast Wind). Is there a brand and model you suggest?

Sorry I am realizing very quickly how little I know about electronics. :? I am reading and learning but have a long way to go, which is why I am coming to the experts.

Answer my questions and we can help you in simple terms.

amosthedog said:
My Ligo's are 98W each.
That would be Wh, learn the difference, it is important.

this thread shows the type of battery cell your looking for so you can compare to a battery you might buy. some batteries have good cells inside and some are junk. I think your ligos are 30Q and rated from grin at 5amps so, youre running 3 packs so that's 3p. if you get a battery in a hailong case or waterbottle case, that's normally 4p

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103092&start=425#p1555683

Back