The E Bike Act HR1019

Yeah, great idea - Federal government doesn't send enough of your tax money to China.

Someone should break it to him, though, that today's cool thing is electric foot scooters.

No, we send our own dollars to China, and the Feds reimburse us some of it. I'm suddenly thinking about the Frey CC again...

Different way to say the same thing. If you're shopping for an electric bicycle, and I give you, and you only, $1,500 to help buy a nice one, then that's just good for you. If I give everyone $1,500 max, then the prices will go up so you pay the same.

This is more reliably true with something like the home mortgage deduction - supply of homes is not very elastic, so prices are driven by what someone can pay. But supply seems to be problematic in the the electric bicycle market, doesn't it? And would continue to be.

If you're shopping for an electric bicycle, and I give you, and you only, $1,500 to help buy a nice one, then that's just good for you. If I give everyone $1,500 max, then the prices will go up so you pay the same.

No, I pay $1500 less. People buying the bike 3 months later will likely pay about $1k more.

Back